Profile for Rosie Simpson > Reviews

Content by Rosie Simpson

Rosie Simpson "Rosie" (London England)

Page: 1 | 2
Pink Lining- PL Child Picture Satchel Damsels and Unicorns
Pink Lining- PL Child Picture Satchel Damsels and Unicorns

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Sept. 2014
Lovely eel made bag.

The Dead Travel Fast (The Ancient Gramarye Series)
The Dead Travel Fast (The Ancient Gramarye Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gripping read from Nick Brown, 17 Sept. 2014
‘The Dead Travel Fast ‘ is the follow on from ‘Skendleby’ and a gripping read. It’s set in the present day on the Island of Samos, and some of the characters from the previous book Skendleby think the Island will bring solace from what they have left behind, they couldn’t be more wrong.
Nick Brown brings new Greek characters into this story, a detective called Theodrakis, who is probably the Greek’s answer to Sicily’s ‘Montalbano'!( Channel 4 TV Series)
‘The Dead Travel Fast’ is a great read and keeps you interested all the way to the end . It leaves you wanting to see what will happen with the next episode!

Skendleby
Skendleby

5.0 out of 5 stars Spooky Skendleby, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Skendleby (Paperback)
I started reading Skendleby on a Monday night and I finished the book two days later.  I couldn’t put the book down.

The book is definitely a thriller, one which would make a good TV series because each week would lead to another frightening mystery, or it could easily be a good horror film.
Without giving too much away there were many frightening parts in the book such as the Lisa and Steve incident, and then the Vicar, sorry I can’t give this bit away here you will just have to read it.

One of the previous reviews mentions the proof reading of the book, yes, there are a few bits which have been missed, but this doesn’t take anything away from this thriller, you just want to get on and see what happens.

Luckily there is a follow up to Skendleby called ‘The Dead Travel Fast’ which I hope to read.
If you feel spooked after reading this don’t say I didn’t warn you!

The Luck Bringer
The Luck Bringer

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, I’m ready for the sequel, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Luck Bringer (Paperback)
Luck Bringer is excellent, especially if you are interested in ancient history and the wars between the Greeks and the Persians.
Nick Brown brings to life the characters in this book, especially Miltiades, the Athenian rebel, who led the Athenians in the battle of Marathon in 490 BC.Equally if you are new to History it is easy to read and digest.

The narrator of this book is Mandrocles, Miltiades’s luck bringer, Mandrocles begins the story by looking back at his life as a teenager on the Greek Island of Samos.
The reader then goes on a journey with these two characters where they meet treachery, violence and danger. The book leaves the reader wanting more, you want to know what eventually happens to these characters, so much so that I am sure Brown will be working on a sequel to Luck Bringer which I for one would gladly read.

French Children Don't Throw Food
French Children Don't Throw Food
by Pamela Druckerman

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of Common Sense, 30 Sept. 2013
I enjoyed reading 'French Children Don't Throw food' by the American writer Pamela Druckerman, so much so that I gave the book to my daughters hoping it would help them, and I wanted to see what they thought about it too.
They liked the book as Druckerman talks of the challenges of motherhood trying to get it right, trying to teach your children how not to interrupt you when you are talking to someone, and many many more challenges that happen in the everyday life of being a mum.
However, one of my daughters thought Druckerman was a bit annoying as she constantly throws in all the research she has done, and is so keen as a mum to do the right thing and get it right with the children.
As a grandmother of six I wanted them to see how Druckerman copes with her daily life of being an American mum in Paris where she sees the French (Parisian) way of child rearing works better for Mum and all the family.

I liked the book and would recommend it.

I also bought Pamela's other book 'French Parents Don't Give In,' This is more like a reference book of the 'FCDTF' where you can look up things quickly, it's all a synopsis of her first book.

The question is how easy is it to implement all this well researched advice? Perhaps it's a mother's instinct and plenty of common sense.

Francesca Simon's Horrid Henry 15 Titles in 5 Books Collection Set £44.95 (A Handful of Horrid Henry 3 Book in 1:Horrid Henry,Horrid Henry and the Secret Club,Horrid Henry Tricks the tooth fairy,A Helping of Horrid Henry 3 Books in 1:Horrid Henry Nits, Horrid Henry Get Rich Quick, Horrid Henry Haunted House, Horrid Henry and the Mage Man Time Machine,Horrid Henry and the Football Fiend, #  Horrid Henry Christmas Cracker ,Horrid Henry and the Mummy's Curse,#  Horrid Henry Revenge ,#  Horrid Henry and the Bogey Babysitter , #  Horrid Henry Stinkbomb ,#  Horrid Henry Underpants ,  Horrid Henry Meets the Queen)
Francesca Simon's Horrid Henry 15 Titles in 5 Books Collection Set £44.95 (A Handful of Horrid Henry 3 Book in 1:Horrid Henry,Horrid Henry and the Secret Club,Horrid Henry Tricks the tooth fairy,A Helping of Horrid Henry 3 Books in 1:Horrid Henry Nits, Horrid Henry Get Rich Quick, Horrid Henry Haunted House, Horrid Henry and the Mage Man Time Machine,Horrid Henry and the Football Fiend, # Horrid Henry Christmas Cracker ,Horrid Henry and the Mummy's Curse,# Horrid Henry Revenge ,# Horrid Henry and the Bogey Babysitter , # Horrid Henry Stinkbomb ,# Horrid Henry Underpants , Horrid Henry Meets the Queen)
by Francesca Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved these, 21 May 2013
These Horrid Henry books are great.
My seven year old grandson couldn't wait to read them when they arrived.
He loves Horrid Henry and has read every one.

This is why I am giving it five stars.

13 Planets: The Latest View of the Solar System (National Geographic Kids)
13 Planets: The Latest View of the Solar System (National Geographic Kids)
by David A. Aguilar

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on time, 21 May 2013
This book arrived on time, but I wasn't overwhelmed with it.
My Grandson is interested in the Planets and he seemed to think it was all right.
I didn't read it from cover to cover so it's hard for me to assess.

Boys Ralph Lauren RUGBY RED STRIPE Polo Shirt - Small Pony sz 2 - 16 yrs LS (130 (UK 6-7 yrs))

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 21 May 2013
It's not your thicker quality Ralph Lauren, the material is thiner, but it looks nice on my grandson.
Service was prompt.
I think it could have been a bit thicker material, but it's fine for spring and summer

The Art of Photography: An Approach to Personal Expression (Photographic Arts Editions)
by Bruce Barnbaum

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful looking book, 21 May 2013
I bought this for a friend who is interested in photography, she said it helped her a lot with her work.

My Little Pony: The Princess Promenade [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by EliteDigital UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't do what I did!, 21 May 2013
I ordered the Princess Promenade not realising that the DVD was not compatible with our UK system, so don't do what I did because you will only get 75% back of the cost. It also cost me £4 to send the DVD back to the USA. A big lesson to learn through not checking out if the DVD is compatible with the UK.

It took almost two weeks to arrive due to it being sent from the U.S.A.

When I was asked to rate this I am sure you can understand my predicament how do I rate it?

Sorry Amazon but I finally got it for half the price on Ebay.

Page: 1 | 2