Profile for Chris Jones > Reviews

Content by Chris Jones

Chris Jones (UK)

Transcend JetDrive 520 240 GB SATA III SSD Upgrade Kit - for Macbook Air SSD (Mid 2012)
Price: 145.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for the 3 screw sizes !, 30 Jun 2014
Nice bit of kit but the instructions are too basic so you do need to watch and stop/pause the Transcend video to do this install. Took me 30 mins but the copy of the old disk to the Jetdrive was 10-15 minutes of that. If you watch the OWC equivalent youtube video they explain a key point that the Macbook air has 3 screw sizes for the rear case and so you should separate the screws as you undo them or place them where you are sure you put them back in the right place afterwards. The two smaller sizes are very similar. While you have the case open it also makes sense to wipe the dust off the inside of the case cover.

2 x 15w R80 Reflector ENERGY SAVING LIGHT BULBS CFL ES27 Instant start & No flicker
Offered by Strictly Lamps
Price: 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not a real replacement, 7 Oct 2010
These bulbs are fine but be aware of 2 things.
1. They do still take a 10-20 seconds to warm up to full light output
2. They are 10mm longer than the tugsten ones I had in my kitchen so they now protude from the ceiling a little. Its not too bad but I am now looking for some a bit shorter.

Day & Age
Day & Age
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album, takes a while to appreciate, 1 Dec 2008
This review is from: Day & Age (Audio CD)
The Killers have been my favourite band since Hot Fuss. So while I may be biased I was actually nervous they would not live up to Sam's town and Hot Fuss. On first listening to Day and Age I was happy with the tracks I had heard but unsure of the rest. After playing it 4-5 more times I think its excellent and moves the Killers music on. Anyone who likes the Killers previous material will like this album IMHO.

Brabantia Touch Bin, 50 Litre - Matt Steel
Brabantia Touch Bin, 50 Litre - Matt Steel
Price: 99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A real guarantee too !, 26 Jun 2006
I've had this bin about 6 years and its great.
It has a huge capacity (which as a family we still fill in 2 days) and the touch lid is great. We use dustbin liners which can then be tied up and put out.
Recently the hinge started to crack and eventually failed. I emailed Brabantia if I could buy a replacement. They said its covered under guarantee and 9 days later a new lid arrived. This had a revised hinge design.
Superb.