Profile for Lorna Doone > Reviews

Lorna Doone

Litolff: Concertos Symphoniques 2 & 4
Litolff: Concertos Symphoniques 2 & 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Something new, 7 Aug. 2009
Not being an expert on classical music I bought this CD because of a snippet I heard on Classic FM. I had never heard of the composer but am an admirer of Peter Donohoe and our local orchestra.
Except for the little I had heard previously, both concertos were new to me but both appealed and had tunes I could hum. Thoroughly enjoyable if you like romantic music!!

The Fifth Woman: Kurt Wallander
The Fifth Woman: Kurt Wallander
by Henning Mankell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 7 Aug. 2009
Started enjoying Wallender when we went digital and could get the Swedish TV version - the subtitles, ususally irritating, don't seem to matter. The book was a good read - quite complex and interesting. I felt I should have started with the first one to get to grips with the team - especially as some of the Swedish names are very similar. I will definitely be trying some others.

Leiths Simple Cookery
Leiths Simple Cookery
by Viv Pidgeon

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read and nice food, 21 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Leiths Simple Cookery (Hardcover)
The recipes I have used really work. The format is easy to use although the publisher obviously cutting cost by putting pictures together and not opposite the right page. Never mind! The content was at just the right level for those who can't cook, those who can but have given up on over-fussy food and those who don't have much time. Not a frozen potatoe in sight!
Shame its not more visible on the High Street. It's a good all round book.