Profile for Hampshire Julie > Reviews

Content by Hampshire Julie

Hampshire Julie

Page: 1 | 2
Hatley Baby-Boys Infant Sleepy Romper -Silhouette Tractor Pyjama Set, Grey, 9-12 Months (Manufacturer Size:6-12 Months)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but small, 10 Jan. 2016
I bought it for a new baby - I ordered 9 - 12 months but when I opened it saw that it should be labelled 6 - 9 months as it is rather small. It looks good quality and so I still gave it as a present. It is made in India so I guess their sizing might be different.

Timex Easy Reader Women's White Dial Expansion Band T2H371
Timex Easy Reader Women's White Dial Expansion Band T2H371

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 10 Jun. 2015
This is exactly as described - clear face. As other reviewers have said, the bracelet is v tight but I am hoping it will slacken off in time. I am pleased with my purchase.

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read!, 4 Jun. 2015
This is such an unusual story - I loved it. It's very funny in parts and made me laugh out loud - but there is a serious element and ending. It's a page turner and I needed to finish it speedily.

All the Light We Cannot See
All the Light We Cannot See

5.0 out of 5 stars moving and emotional beyond words, 2 Jun. 2015
I am so full of admiration for an author who can write so beautifully about the war and 2 very different children, one German orphan boy and one blind French girl whose lives became linked for ever. It is the most powerful and moving novel I have read for many years. I am left somewhat speechless and will be mulling this book over for a long time. Read it!
I am going to read something 'lighter' now and will then try another of Anthony Doerr's.

Lifesaving for Beginners
Lifesaving for Beginners

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 24 Mar. 2015
This is the best book I've read in a long, long time. It is really special - try for yourself and persevere because it takes a while to get into it. It evokes a whole mixture of emotions including lots of laughter especially at 9 year old Milo. All the characters are great!! Thanks Ciara.

Tommy Hilfiger Women's Chelsea Tote, Cabernet, One Size
Tommy Hilfiger Women's Chelsea Tote, Cabernet, One Size
Offered by ARYA - Moda y Complementos

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, 1 Mar. 2015
A lovely well made bag to be enjoyed.

ANDI ROSE Women's Floral Flower Lace Satin Evening Party Handbag Purse Clutch Prom Bag (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Aug. 2014
Perfect with my wedding outfit - good quality.

The Caliban Shore: The Fate of the Grosvenor Castaways
The Caliban Shore: The Fate of the Grosvenor Castaways

5.0 out of 5 stars exciting to the end!, 21 Aug. 2014
I found this after hearing an article about shipwrecks on TV. I was totally absorbed - it is a real page turner. I so wanted more people to survive but in fact it's a miracle that any did. The closing chapters with speculation about what happened to the women absorbed into local African tribes is a fitting end to a great read.

The Undertaking
The Undertaking

5.0 out of 5 stars incredibly moving, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Undertaking (Kindle Edition)
I could not stop reading this -a really powerful story and insight into men and women staying alive through the awfulness of war. This story will linger.

We Made A Garden
We Made A Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Was it really written so long ago!!!, 22 July 2013
This review is from: We Made A Garden (Kindle Edition)
This is a great read for any gardener - it made me wirte plant names down and look them up later. And I will go out of my way to visit her garden which is has been renovated and is open to the public. It is inspiring for any gardener starting out from scratch with a difficult piece of land.

Page: 1 | 2