Profile for Adil Jamal > Reviews

Content by Adil Jamal

Adil Jamal (Islamabad, Pakistan)

16 Most Requested Songs
16 Most Requested Songs
Offered by cdbargains4u
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Great Compilations of Percy Faith, 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: 16 Most Requested Songs (Audio CD)
A very good compilation to start swimming Percy's river of great melodies. Here one also finds some renditions that are rare otherwise, like Delicado. If you're going to buy it, make sure it's not from CBS Records Inc.(Columbia Records), which they released around 1989 (DISCID EE0BB510, CK 44398). I don't know why, but that CD had sort of quantization noise in its audio, something one hears in low-bit MP3 files. So be aware. I rated it 5-star here only for its recipe.

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits
Price: 8.38

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Bunch for Old & New, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This is a compilation that gives you a mix of old and new material. The overall sound quality is excellent. None of the tracks seem vinyl-ripped, they are true CDDA (CD Digital Audio) by Tau Analyzer.

Once Upon a Time...
Once Upon a Time...
Price: 23.46

4.0 out of 5 stars A Rarity, A Blessing, 28 Mar 2012
This review is from: Once Upon a Time... (Audio CD)
Here I found the album I've long, long pursued. Since their releases around 1977, I've been in love with B.L.O. And now in pure digital format! I've analyzed all its tracks with Tau Analyzer, they are 100% CDDA. The first track "Morricone" has, however, about 10 seconds suppression in the beginning, different to what I heard on vinyl. Maybe it's an alternate take. A very good offering indeed, thankfully, from Unidisc. I totally agree with Mr. Johnny Dee's idea of a combined release of their two albums in one CD.

Eastern Star In A Western Sky
Eastern Star In A Western Sky
Price: 9.25

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the Greatest, Offered in the Poorest, 27 Mar 2012
When I first saw (from Hot Productions) Blue Eyed Soul: Best of Biddu Orchestra, I feverishly bought it only to find to my dismay it was a pure Vinyl Transfer. Then I saw this "Eastern Star In A Western Sky: The Very Best Of The Biddu Orchestra" by Cherry Red, hopefully got it, but with the same fate: the classic tracks are all from vinyl. So be, be aware!!! One can't help wondering what is the problem with Biddu Orchestra! Are all the original master tapes destroyed? Has Mr. Biddu taken along them to India and does not share?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2013 1:41 AM BST