Profile for Crimeman > Reviews

Content by Crimeman

Crimeman

A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher, Book 17)
A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher, Book 17)

4.0 out of 5 stars We want more, 28 Sept. 2013
On reading some of the comments I was wary of buying this book. I have read all the others and it is up to his usual standard. The writing keeps you turning better than any other author I know. The story ending was good and unexpected. The action was furious in the second half - he cannot be fighting bad guys all the time. There was good development of the two female characters. Jack was at his best in the fights and walked away before any questions were asked.

Anglican Understanding Church - An Introduction
Anglican Understanding Church - An Introduction
by Paul D. L. Avis

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Anglicans, 27 Nov. 2012
Another book for the academic and not the ordinary church man. There are a great number of repeated themes .

Anglican Identities
Anglican Identities
by Rowan Williams

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Anglicans, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Anglican Identities (Paperback)
Unlike Archbishop Ramsey, Rowan Williams writes as if we were all professors of Theology. There are so many cross references that you give up trying to understand the point he is making. I had to study this for a course I am doing. I will be glad to put it down.

The Anglican Spirit
The Anglican Spirit
by Arthur Michael Ramsey

4.0 out of 5 stars Who are Anglicans, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Anglican Spirit (Paperback)
This book contains a series of lectures given to American students. As such it avoids the long sentences and paragraphs that often hinder readers whose interest rather than scholarship need stimulating. It is easy to read and very enlightening under the various headings that made up his lectures. I wish more academic writers would remember that as in any book the structure should be more like this.

The Cleansing (DCI Tom Caton Manchester Murder Mysteries Series Book 1)
The Cleansing (DCI Tom Caton Manchester Murder Mysteries Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Manchester Murder, 10 Nov. 2012
I have never been to Manchester but after reading this engrossing thriller I feel that I know some part of this huge city. The story is strong but the technical detail of how the investigation proceeds is better. Its good to have a detective who is not hungover, in the middle of an illicit affair or so depressed that even thinking causes him to stumble around. The conclusion is reached by hard work and a touch of inspiration. I have already ordered aniother book by the same author with the same lead character.