Profile for Ken Workman > Reviews

Ken Workman

Gironimo!: Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy
Gironimo!: Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it - you'll be very glad you did, 5 Aug. 2014
If you've ever been reduced to wondering just what the hell you were doing on a bike, alone, miles from anywhere and unable to see straight due to suffering from the bonk, this is the book for you. Read it - you'll be very glad you did.
I enjoyed Gironimo so much that even though I have other unread cycling books awaiting my attention on the bedside table, I started to re-read it immediately, and I'm enjoying it just as much as the first time!
I had not read any of Tim Moore's work before and as one reviewer on here stated that 'Gironimo' is not as good as his earlier 'French Revolutions' my response is to get hold of that title very soon!

Idol On Parade [DVD] [1959]
Idol On Parade [DVD] [1959]
Dvd ~ Anthony Newley

4.0 out of 5 stars so it was great to roll back the years to enjoy it all ..., 3 July 2014
This review is from: Idol On Parade [DVD] [1959] (DVD)
I last saw this movie around 1960 when I was a young teenager and had a huge crush on the female lead Anne Aubrey, so it was great to roll back the years to enjoy it all over again. I must admit though now that the object of my affection seems to be a bit older than 'Jeep Jackson' as portrayed by Anthony Newley, who was the object of her affections in the movie. Due to the passing of quite some decades since I first saw it, perhaps the scales have fallen from my eyes.
Interesting to note a small part by Susan Hampshire, which was probably one of her early performances on screen.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2014 5:02 PM GMT

Because Of You [feat. Dexys Midnight Runners]
Because Of You [feat. Dexys Midnight Runners]

4.0 out of 5 stars ... tune of "Brush Strokes" of which I have really enjoyed a recent re-rrun on TV, 3 July 2014
This is the theme tune of "Brush Strokes" of which I have really enjoyed a recent re-rrun on TV.
Jacko is the a lovable womanising decorator who is the lead character. He is portrayed by by Karl Howman, yet I was very surprised to find that Karl Howman seems to have had little acting work since Brush Strokes ended.

Angela Jones
Angela Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars This took me back many years, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Angela Jones (MP3 Download)
Michael Cox singing Angela Jones brought back so many happy memories of my youth. It was the first record I ever bought to play on what I now realise was the "bag of spanners" that was the family radiogram. In the intervening 50 or so years since then I often wondered what became of it and how I could find another copy without trawling through boxes of old singles in dusty second hand shops. In the end it was so incredibly simple - just a few clicks of the mouse and I was taken back to my teenage years. Thankyou Amazon.