Profile for John Bell > Reviews

Content by John Bell

John Bell "Dymajet" (Goole, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Shadow of the Serpent (Inspector McLevy 1) (Inspector McLevy Mystery)
Shadow of the Serpent (Inspector McLevy 1) (Inspector McLevy Mystery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Aug. 2014
If you like the McLevy Radio Serial on BBC radio 4, you will love this series of novelisations.

Nor Will He Sleep: An Inspector McLevy Mystery (Inspector Mclevy 4)
Nor Will He Sleep: An Inspector McLevy Mystery (Inspector Mclevy 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Aug. 2014

A Trick of the Light (Inspector McLevy 3) (Inspector Mclevy Mystery)
A Trick of the Light (Inspector McLevy 3) (Inspector Mclevy Mystery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Aug. 2014

Fall from Grace (Inspector McLevy 2): An Inspector McLevy Mystery (Inspector Mclevy Mystery 2)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain at £33, 30 Jun. 2014
I bought this phone to replace two phones I used for personal use and for work. I was a little worried when I read a review that a similar phone had melted in use so had little expectation of receiving a reasonable product. How wrong I was. Yes it is made of plastic and very lightweight, I don't doubt it would break if dropped on the floor, but so did an Iphone I once owned, and a Motorola and a Nokia........... So no difference there then! I inserted my Giffgaff and Orange sim cards and both were 'accepted' immediately. I have made (and received) a number of calls and the sound quality has been great. Not tried any MMS messages however but as it has accepted the settings for these I don't doubt they will work too. I only use the internet via WIFI (and not data transmission) but the phone readily accepted my BT Infinity Hub settings without any problem and the apps work perfectly.

My one and only quibble:
Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Yahoo Messenger, Skype and MSN Talk come preloaded and cannot be removed to free up valuable storage space for apps I want to download and use. While I appreciate that the majority of people out there are happy to use social media to keep people in touch with their 'News', I am not and would have liked to have been able to remove this dross. I have tried to root the phone to do this but have been unable to do so :-(
NOTE TO MANUFACTURER: All these apps are free to download if you want them, they do not need to be preloaded and use up valuable space.

Having said all that, I think this phone is a bargain. It comes with two batteries and a charger and a hands free kit. I have charged it overnight and nothing has melted nor has my house burned down. You can only speak as you find, I have shelled out a lot more money for a 'so called' quality phone to be sadly disappointed. I am delighted with this phone and will put up with Facebook etc. They say you get what you pay for. I think I got a bargain........

A Whisper Away
A Whisper Away

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 24 Jun. 2014
This review is from: A Whisper Away (MP3 Download)
This is a fantastic song! and is sung perfectly. Michael English is an absolutely brilliant performer with an excellent voice.

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 24 Jun. 2014
Its amazing to watch Youtube videos in such clarity on my TV and to show off all my photos. I'm becoming a real bore and my friends are avoiding coming round!!!! No seriously, a great piece of kit.

Christine Falls (Quirke Mysteries)
Christine Falls (Quirke Mysteries)
by Benjamin Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife Delighted, 24 Jun. 2014
After watching the Quirk TV series on BBC1, the wife wanted to read the book. This book arrived in brilliant condition in quick time, can't get the wife's nose out of the book now. She wants me to buy the rest of the series........................

Me To You - Hand Painted Wedding Cake Decoration - Cake Topper
Me To You - Hand Painted Wedding Cake Decoration - Cake Topper
Offered by PDH_ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Will take Pride of Place on our cake, 5 Aug. 2013
This is a really cute cake topper and were were delighted with the quality. It will sit proudly on the top of our cake and in our display cabinet afterwards. Many Thanks

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful! Fantastic Colours. Really stands out., 5 Aug. 2013
The quality of the flowers is amazing. The photo on the site does not do justice to this product, and the workmanship is excellent. The contrasting Purple and Ivory colouring is truly beautiful. Excellent value for money. Many Thanks to all at Petals Polly Flowers. We are truly grateful for all your endeavors.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3