Profile for Bluebottlethethird > Reviews

Hits
Hits
Offered by Quick Discount Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Good way to get into the band, 7 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Hits (Audio CD)
A reasonable overview of the band which includes their 'hits' plus other album tracks. Not as comprehensive as the 2cd set but for what I paid a good addition to my collection. If you like The Stranglers then you know what to expect. If you've only heard 'Golden Brown' then this would make a good introduction to their music and proves that they aren't a punk band, a label they were tagged with at the time, but a good pop-rock band. I remember going to see them in Birmingham and the punks in the audience hung around the stage pogoing and then spat (as punks did instead of clapping) . Hugh Cornwall warned that if they carried on then they would walk off. It was the shortest concert I'd ever been to as they walked off during the 2nd song proving that they didn't want to be labelled as a punk band. But it took a while for them to shake it off and only then did they start to be appreciated separately.

Original Album Classics
Original Album Classics
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't fear the box set (if it's cheap enough anyway), 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
Having not heard much of Blue Oyster Cult apart from the ubiquitous 'Don't Fear The Reaper' I thought I'd give this box set a go when it was reduced to just over £1 a disc. I'm still not sure if I'm a fan as this box set is a bit patchy. If you can pick it up for a cheap price like I did, then it's not too much of a gamble. The box is a bit flimsy and with next to no notes anywhere, I would try a single album first unless it is cheap.

Pernaton Mussel Extract Green Lipped Mussel Gel 125Ml
Pernaton Mussel Extract Green Lipped Mussel Gel 125Ml
Offered by Nutrition Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Great remedy cream, 12 Feb. 2015
I've been a bit dubious in the past of glowing reviews of medicinal products but I thought I'd give this a try. After a couple of days of using it I wasn't too sure but a week or so later I could tell it was making a difference on my hand. So good I keep ordering more especially, with the price and service from this seller. Recommended.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull  [Blu-ray] [2008]
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull [Blu-ray] [2008]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars Great end to the Indiana saga, 1 Feb. 2015
I already had this on dvd but when I saw it on dvd I thought I buy it to compare the quality. An enjoyable film made better by bluray though how much better is entirely in the eye of the beholder. I'll probably get the other Indiana Jones films on bluray as well if they're cheap enough but for now the dvds will suffice. As with all the films there are moments of iffy effects and stretching of credibility but they are always an enjoyable watch. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has probably the most spectacular effects of all the films so is well worth adding to your collection.

Home Comforts
Home Comforts
by James Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Home Comforts indeed!, 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Home Comforts (Hardcover)
I bought this for the wife as she enjoys James Martin and to be honest I enjoy watching the series as well. Maybe it's because I know I shall be enjoying the end product! An enjoyable and instructive book - so I'm told, and she's very happy to add it to her collection of cookery books. It was also the cheapest price around.

Audio Technica AT95E Moving Magnet Cartridge
Audio Technica AT95E Moving Magnet Cartridge
Offered by Williamthakker

5.0 out of 5 stars Good budget cartridge option, 1 Feb. 2015
I bought this cartridge to replace the one supplied on my new Lenco turntable which was perfectly adequate but didn't have much finesse being too toppy and harsh - to my ears. Once set up properly in the headshell, the AT95E tracked well at the recommended 2 grams and was a great improvement. The bass is fuller without being bloated and there is more detail in a refined way. After reading some reviews of this cartridge I was in two minds and nearly went for a more expensive Ortofon but I'm glad I didn't. The rest of the system is Yamaha AS500 amplifier and Wharfedale 10.3 speakers and for the occasional listen of my vinyl collection this cartridge suits my needs and I'm very pleased with it.

THREE PACK of Bragg's charcoal tablets 100
THREE PACK of Bragg's charcoal tablets 100
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try, 1 Feb. 2015
I bought one tub of these on the strength of reports concerning how good they were for IBS and such. I usually take things like that with a pinch of salt (not literally) but these seem to have a beneficial effect in cutting down that embarrassing wind problem and discomfort. This time I bought the three tubs as it saved money and until I think they aren't working I'll carry on with them. Recommended if they work for you.

Buddah and the Chocolate Box
Buddah and the Chocolate Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but not quite a classic, 1 Feb. 2015
Very nearly a Cat Stevens classic with some great tracks showing that he hadn't quite lost the muse before his so-so last album. Not quite up there with Tea for the Tillerman and Teaser and the Firecat but probably the best of the others.

Memories Of Old Days: A Compendium Of Curios, Bootlegs, Live Tracks, Rehearsals And Demos 1975-1980
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Old memories probably best forgotten, 1 Feb. 2015
Like other reviewers have said, this is pretty much a very mixed bag with the quality varying from disc to disc. If, like me, you are a Gentle Giant fan then this set doesn't add much to their catalogue apart from the curiousity value and for completists. At the price I bought it for (less than £4) it was worth the purchase price for that alone. For anyone else looking to get into Gentle Giant, then this isn't the way to go even at the bargain price; The Chrysalis Years boxset is probably a safer bet. However, as a musical document this serves its purpose and played once will probably sit on the shelf for ever more.

Moisture Absorbing Crystal Refill Pack 2.5kg Pack. Kontrol
Moisture Absorbing Crystal Refill Pack 2.5kg Pack. Kontrol
Offered by Goods Wholesale Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value refill pack, 1 Feb. 2015
This is a great value refill that works out a lot cheaper than even the pound shop moisture traps. The only negative I can think of is that the resealable bag doesn't reseal properly or well enough to maintain an airtight seal. I ended up using a large clip seal and then putting it in a plastic sealable £1 box. It seems like overkill but I didn't want to go back to it and find it had changed into one big moisture trap while my back was turned. Apart from that, this is a recommended product and it was sent quickly so I'll be buying more when the time comes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12