Profile for Mr. R. M. Harris > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. M. Harris

Mr. R. M. Harris "landwomble" (Manchester, UK)

AUKEY Car Charger 4.8A / 24W Dual USB Adapter with AiPower Adaptive Charging Technology for iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S7, Blackberries and other devices (Black)
Offered by yueying

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 19 Feb. 2016
Good although not a very tight fit in my Ford Fiesta socket - it needs pushing in periodically if the wires pull it out slightly. Had a few non-charging scenarios as a result. Charges fast though - nice and small.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, watchout for 6P users, 19 Feb. 2016
Very high quality - especially at this price point. Be aware the for Nexus 6P users, the volume down button doesn't work. This is due to the way Google have specced the handset to respond to switch resistance, it's not Xiaomi's fault. There's a later kernel available if you root your phone that resolves this. For everyone else, don't worry, these are great headphones.

Lava Lamp Classic Lava Lamp, 14.5-inch, Green/ Blue
Lava Lamp Classic Lava Lamp, 14.5-inch, Green/ Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 Feb. 2016
Excellent, much better quality than price would indicate. I bought two for my daughters and they're really good. Makes Mathmos look very very overpriced.

Ted Baker Men's Guri 7 Brogue - Black, 9 UK
Ted Baker Men's Guri 7 Brogue - Black, 9 UK
Offered by SOLETRADER

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but check sizes, 18 Feb. 2016
Love these. They are large sized though. Usually I'm a 9.5 so if I buy a 10 it can be a tad large, 9s tend to be a bit small. Got a 9 in these and they fit perfectly. Build quality is fantastic and the purple laces are a nice bit of informal flash where appropriate. Really really like these.

The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller
The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent surprise, 1 Nov. 2014
This was excellent. Random choice via Amazon's recommendations but very pleased I came across this book. Devoured over 2 days. Nice original plot, well written and great characterisation. Will work through his other books now!

HP P1102w 8 MB 18 ppm A4 Wireless LaserJet Printer
HP P1102w 8 MB 18 ppm A4 Wireless LaserJet Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst printer I've ever had the misfortune to deal with, 11 April 2014
Ah, HP. I remember when an HP printer meant you were in safe hands. The indestructable 4L. The 8100 behemoth. Then HP decided that they'd offload the one thing they did well and become a services company.
So what's this cheap and cheerful little fella like? In a word "horrible". I'm a networking engineer, and I work for one of the largest software and services companies in the world. I can usually fix anything. In this case, getting it set up was OK despite the horrible drivers. It printed. A couple of times. After that - you'd have to try rebooting the printer. The PC. Both. Resetting it. It'd do nothing for 30 minutes then print multiple copies of the same document randomly, using all your paper and toner. Toner, that incidentally, they supply as a 30% full special model on new printers, rather than a full one.
This is the least reliable device with a plug attached that I've ever owned, and I'm speaking as someone who build their own ZX81 from a kit in the early 80s. The fact I bought it one night when cursing the other HP Photosmart 7520 I had that developed a fault the night I really needed to print some invoices adds insult to injury. I've had this printer for 2 months, have lost the receipt and it's annoyed me to the point that I'm going to take a hammer to it tomorrow in the garden and then feed the bits into the log burner in my garden whilst cursing the spirit of Carly Fiorina.

Avoid.

From the Storm
From the Storm

5.0 out of 5 stars a revelation, 10 Dec. 2013
This review is from: From the Storm (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't sure what to expect from this, but having just finished it I want more. This got tauter and more engaging throughout - it's rare a book engages you at such an exponential rate. Loved the internal monologues of the characters and the descriptive prose is vivid and punchy. I really enjoyed this debut novel and I'd highly recommend it.

Hi-Tec Men's Multiterra Targa HPI Hiking Shoe
Hi-Tec Men's Multiterra Targa HPI Hiking Shoe

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty damn good, on the whole, 8 Mar. 2013
I picked these up for £12 delivered, which was a definite bargain. Are they worth RRP though? Quite possibly...
First off - these are very lightweight. Strong construction that's 100% man-made materials as far as I can tell. Grips are deep and give good traction on muddy ground. They have a feel almost like a militarized Croc, it's a very flexible shoe that gives good comfort. Whilst they have mesh holes in the side for ventilation the interesting thing is these are coated with Hitec's MPI treatment - this is water and oil repellent and isn't just sprayed on, it's part of the fabric. What this means is that water and muck just bead off, it's really quite something. Stick them under a tap and the water beads up on the surface, shake and they're dry. Not sure how long it's going to last but it's pretty impressive.
This also means that the mesh holes are much less permeable to puddles than you'd think. They're a low shoe so obviously not intended as a full-on hiking boot, but I like them a lot. The slip on fitting (with a pull cord to tighten if you need them) makes them easy to stick on when I take the dog out for a walk and I find I use them a lot. Recommended.

Motorola HT820 Stereo Headphones
Motorola HT820 Stereo Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great - where's the catch?, 9 Nov. 2007
These are great: everyone in our office has ordered a pair after seeing mine.
Good sound quality, charge off mini USB, great battery life, and they "just work" - they reconnect nicely when you go out of/come back into range. These are well worth the money - can't believe they're this cheap and this decent. Get some in!