Profile for Daniel Fleming > Reviews

Content by Daniel Fleming

Daniel Fleming "dsf" (uk)

Debug [DVD]
Debug [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Momoa

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic movie that keeps you fixed to the screen., 8 Nov 2014
This review is from: Debug [DVD] (DVD)
I thought it was a fantastic film. I don't like giving any spoilers, so I'll just share my quick thoughts about the film. The story was gripping and along with strong lead actors, it really kept my attention hooked through the entire film. The premise of the film is unique, refreshing and explored really well. Overall I really enjoyed the story and I feel it's a film I'll watch many more times. For me I am adding it to my library of favorite films.

I'd strongly recommend this film to everyone, as it's defiantly really exciting to watch. In addition, anyone who is into computer science, space or technology and likes a little horror to go with it, should strongly consider buying this film.

The Red King (Star Trek: Titan)
The Red King (Star Trek: Titan)
by Andy Mangels
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 14 Sep 2011
I have to say that I really did enjoy this book, It had good character development and a decent plot line. I did find the pace of the book to be on the slower side, but over all a fun read. I would recommend this book :)

Here There Be Dragons (Star Trek, the Next Generation, No 28)
Here There Be Dragons (Star Trek, the Next Generation, No 28)
by John Peel
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars piece of art, 9 Aug 2011
I am 17, and don't read that many books, I only tend to read non-fiction. But I have had this book in my shelf for 10 years ( I bought it at a charity shop when I was 7, because I liked star trek. Also I like the cover art.) After 10 years of procrastination (what can I say, I'm lazy :D) I got around to reading the book. Anyway, I was incredibly surprised by the fact I was hooked, and couldn't let go of the book. I would recommend this to any star trek loving person, it is a piece of art.

SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Screen Protector Glas Series Black
SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Screen Protector Glas Series Black

1.0 out of 5 stars What the..., 5 Aug 2011
Firstly to some up this product in three words: cornucopia of disappointment!

I Promise that this review is not melodramatic, but mealy all the negatives and positives of the product as I see them.

How easy is it to put one?
This is passably the only good thing about the product is the fact it was easy to apply.

Screen quality
The screen quality when on, I have to say I was very disappointed with the screen quality, the this glass screen made glare on the screen worse than my old desire with it's amoled display that was world redound as having an atrocious glare, and the screen protector made it worse than my desire's. It make the your phone look noticeably worse than when I had my 12 for 2 pound plastic screen protectors. Furthermore, to make sure this wasn't my mind playing tricks, I compared it to my friends galaxy s2, which had a plastic, cheap screen protector, and my friends looked far the best.

Screen sensitivity.
I am going to have to separate this bit into 2 sections, one when it isn't charging and one when it is.

Firstly, when the device isn't charging I am finding my self double pressing much more than before with the plastic screen protector. It sometimes doesn't register swipes, or presses and can be every annoying.

Secondly, when it is charging the device becomes impossible to use, and I mean impossible. You can often take 10+ attempts to press one button at times, which makes typing impossible. Further more, trying to drag things, like the notification bar, well simply put I believe achieving world peace is easier. I am honestly shocked about how bad this problem is. I then tried the protector on my fiends galaxy s2, and it has all the same problems.

Packaging
Whilst on first glance the packaging the protector looks nice, but it soon wasn't very nice when it tore apart when opening the box. It leads to a very cheap feel.

Deformed glass
After I put the protector on, I shined it in the light to cheep for trapped dust, and i noticed the glass wasn't level, as in it looked like it had a dent in it, and it deflects the light in such a way, that whilst its small it can be fairly easily seen. I know this wasn't my fault as I followed the institutions precisely. So that has to be a defect with the glass. I don't expect this with anything this price.

Conclusion
With the cornucopia of problems this this product, such as the horrid screen glare, unbelievable sensitivity issues, and even worse when charging, and the the price. To say that I am not impressed would be an understatement of the year. It make the phone feel horrible and for 25.99 I can't recommend this to anyone. I would actually say to every one to stay away form this at all costs. I am not being over dramatic, I honestly feel so disappointed that i have wasted this amount of money on this. Cheap plastic screen protectors, here I come!

A Reality Tour
A Reality Tour

5.0 out of 5 stars best of bowie, 27 April 2010
This review is from: A Reality Tour (MP3 Download)
This was a great album, i feel it is a great way for bowie to retire.

The Cat in the Cradle
The Cat in the Cradle
by Jay Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, well worth buying!, 19 April 2010
This review is from: The Cat in the Cradle (Paperback)
From the very beginning of this book, i was hooked, by the in-depth characters and he magical story, and the wonderful illustrations that were made by the authors partner, how sweat.
"The Cat in the Cradle is Jay Bell's debut fantasy novel. The novel takes the reader on an exploration of the Five Lands and the different realms of the strange and fantastic Oligarchs. Each Oligarch possesses a different colored loka that enables them to wield a unique style of magic. Dylan, aided by his talking cat Kio, must prevent the lokas from falling into the hands of a power hungry killer before the Five Lands is brought to its knees." This is Jay Bells description of his engaging book.
I believe this is a wonderful book with simple but engaging chapters,its a good read.I advise anyone who wants a book to enjoy, and to engage them in a wonderful exiting magical exploration, to get this book. I promise you that you won't be disappointed!

Hunky Dory
Hunky Dory

5.0 out of 5 stars best album ever, 21 Mar 2010
This review is from: Hunky Dory (Audio CD)
This is a great album , will very clever songs that make you go "wow". It is a true expression of feelings through song. I would recommend this to every one and you!

2012: Doomsday [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
2012: Doomsday [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Dale Midkiff

1.0 out of 5 stars horrable,worst movie ever!, 28 Jan 2010
This movie is the worst i have ever see in my life, with armature acting that i would expect from kids, and a long mundane story (if you can call it a story) that seems to go on for ever, and there is next to no story, there is no storyline that is any good. it is all about religion, hu. How interesting! Not! the acting is so bad it made me want to cry, the way it cross-cuts from one scene to the next is appalling as you are left thinking "what the hell is going on". It's a mess.
In conclusion i think this film is horrible and I wish it was never made, the actors are terrible and the director should look for a new job, say something their good at. this is the worst film i have ever seen , the front cover is misleading as there is no action that is shown on the front of the dvd, just terrible acting. i beg you if you are thinking of buying this , please don't , you will regret it .