Profile for Katharine Gordon > Reviews

Content by Katharine Gordon

Katharine Gordon "Kath" (England)

100% Organic Seaweed Meal Kemp Horse Pony Cat Dog Sheep Goat Pig Poultry Natural (20kg)
Offered by ivisons

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff - only snag is the dog likes it ..., 18 May 2015
Great stuff - only snag is the dog likes it so much he is also licking around the roses! I haven't tried it on the cat yet.

FitFlop Shoes Gogh Pro Black UK4 Black
FitFlop Shoes Gogh Pro Black UK4 Black
Offered by SHOETIQUE

5.0 out of 5 stars FitFlop addiction, 23 Mar. 2015
an excellent addition to my rapidly expanding FitFlop collection.

Techniques of Icon and Wall Painting
Techniques of Icon and Wall Painting
by Aidan Hart

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect practical book for iconographers, 23 Mar. 2015
This is the ideal practical book for iconographers. All the detail and advice one could need.

Fitflop Women's Mukluk MOC 2 Moccasin Boots, Black, 4 UK
Fitflop Women's Mukluk MOC 2 Moccasin Boots, Black, 4 UK
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars super comfort, 14 Dec. 2014
I have to force myself to take these off as they are so comfortable. I love Fitflop and have several pairs but these are my first boots.

Gardman Greenhouse Louvre Vent
Gardman Greenhouse Louvre Vent
Offered by forestfox_trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
This is just what I needed and it has done/is doing the job well.

Canon IXUS 255 HS Digital Camera - Pink (12.1MP, Wi-Fi, GPS, 10x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars very good little camera, 28 April 2014
The only reason I have not given it a five star is because I am not used to it yet and find it a bit fiddly. I have had Canon IXUS for many years and three models and previously have not had to refer to the instructions a lot but this time it isn't so intuitive - but the results are good and its bright colour means it doesn't get lost. I am now wishing I also bought the bright pink case as well.

LARGE 1KG DRY AIR CAR/HOME DEHUMIDIFIER BAG MOISTURE ABSORBER/DAMP EATER
LARGE 1KG DRY AIR CAR/HOME DEHUMIDIFIER BAG MOISTURE ABSORBER/DAMP EATER
Offered by Seal Products Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed, 15 Mar. 2014
I had hoped this would have dried the air more efficiently. It just keeps about six inches from the bottom, and that only in front of the steering wheel, clear of misting up. I guess there just is not enough woomph in it.

Pradel Excellence - 52409G - Ceramic Pan - 28 cm
Pradel Excellence - 52409G - Ceramic Pan - 28 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic frying pan, 9 Oct. 2012
I bought a small one of these Pradel pans in a market in the South of France and just could not believe how stickless it was, so when I got the chance, I bought this larger one and, like it's smaller companion it is magical as it really is stickless. I have grated cheese into it to make lacey little biscuits, fried a fat free egg , made melted sugar and nut biscuits...a brilliant product!

Hugh's Three Good Things
Hugh's Three Good Things
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable addition to my cook book library, 9 Oct. 2012
I have already tried four of Hugh's recipes in this book with great success. The combinations are simple but original and at this time of year when the veg. garden is tyrannical it is invaluable to come across new ideas to use up those runner beans, beet roots, spinach and so on. Thank you Hugh!

Ysabel
Ysabel
by Guy Gavriel Kay

5.0 out of 5 stars This historical fantasy has somehing for everyone, 14 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Ysabel (Paperback)
I've been lucky enough to see an early copy of the Canadian edition of GGK's new novel but it is one to order in advance as Kay is writing on the top of his form and there is something for everyone here. I hate spoilers so won't give details of the plot but the blurb above tells you we are in Provence and it is clear Kay knows this territory well. He manages to evoke that "sense of place" and the atmosphere in the thyme scented hills and cool cloisters but, most importantly, he peoples this background with vivid characters and a tightly plotted story. It is compelling, exciting and each character satisfies and at the end we are left fulfilled and wondering at his skill in weaving all his threads, past and present, together so successfully. Don't miss this one.