Profile for Ian Williams > Reviews

Content by Ian Williams
Top Reviewer Ranking: 612

Ian Williams "ianw" (Sunderland, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Corelle 1.9L Vitrelle Glass Lightweight Bake/Serve/Store Rectangular Baker with Plastic Cover, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice., 22 Aug 2014
But not quite perfect.

It's certainly lightweight compared to a ceramic equivalent which is a plus. It cooked pork chops and onions very well this evening. It's a reasonable size and I'll definitely be using it in preference to the metal equivalents I own.

However, it doesn't come with a lid you can use in the oven, just a plastic one to cover after cooking or use in the microwave. I had to use tin foil. Also it takes more effort to clean than manufacturer's description and other reviews suggest. It takes a fair amount of effort and you have to be meticulous in getting rid of every tiny spot. That said, it's still relatively less hard to get it clean than other roasting dishes and tins I've used. Maybe I should have let it soak longer.

Overall, not bad and certainly worth considering.

Update.

Soaking it for at least two hours in hot soapy water makes it much easier to clean.

Philips myGarden Blossom Solar Powered Posts - Anthracite (2 x 1W Integrated LED)

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch the video!, 22 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Memo to self: always read the details carefully. Had I, I might have reconsidered. Not that there's anything wrong with product. Once it's up and running it works fine and does what it's supposed to. I really do like it. However if you aren't very practical or handy, like me, you'll need to get someone in to fit it for you.

Had I watched the video I would have known this. So, before buying, watch the video and, if you do go and buy this, recommended, item, follow its instructions exactly.

Philips YS527/17 Click and Style 2-in-1 Shave and Stubble
Philips YS527/17 Click and Style 2-in-1 Shave and Stubble

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good on the whole, 22 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To be honest, I haven't used the trimmer part of it. I ordered it because of the rotary head style which I do like and wasn't disappointed. It's quite lightweight and also delicate so a light touch when using it is best. It's easy to remove the top and because there's no well to speak of it's easy to clean.

Minor-ish quibble: it's very easy to dislodge the head itself so you do need to be careful in case it flips off and ends up somewhere you don't want it to be.

Godzilla Heisei Era ~ Movie Monster~ 6" Bandai Action Figure [Toy] (japan import)
Offered by Nagoya Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Three and half stars-, 17 Aug 2014
-because it's not as good as two other Godzilla figurines I bought recently. No red tongue and no golden eyes (the latter mentioned by an AZ.com reviewer). No tail movement and arms move vertically only, not sideways -I suppose it has to be one or the other, It's okay but if this is your first Godzilla figurine I'd recommended shopping around as there are better available.

Movie Monster series Godzilla 2005 (new molding) (japan import)
Movie Monster series Godzilla 2005 (new molding) (japan import)
Offered by zipanguclub

4.0 out of 5 stars Eh, nothing's perfect., 17 Aug 2014
Larger than I expected, which is a definite plus even if it overshadows the other G figurines I own. No red tongue unlike the image. It's easily put together but the upper torso spines have to be inserted separately (as a block, not individually). Sideways movement only for the arms and, as another reviewer pointed out, no tail movement.

But overall it looks good and could probably resist most attempts by a small child to destroy it.

Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack Poster Movie Japanese B 11 x 17 In - 28cm x 44cm Chiharu Nîyama Ryudo Uzaki Masahiro Kobayashi Shirô Sano
Offered by Poster Junction - Located in USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 15 Aug 2014
What you see is exactly what you get: a very striking and attractive Godzilla poster, though the postage more than doubles the price. Still if you're into big G, it's worth it.

English Provender Caramelised Red Onion Chutney 325 g (Pack of 6)
English Provender Caramelised Red Onion Chutney 325 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hallelujah I just love it so!, 9 Aug 2014
Just over a week ago a friend gave me a birthday present of wine, cheese and three small jars of chutney, one of which was caramelised red onion which, at the tender young age of 66, I'd never tried before. And when I did I was just amazed so I immediately looked on Amazon and selected this brand (which isn't the one I'd been given). However, it is at least as tasty and goes great on a cracker with a nice cheese. With six reasonably sized jars in each pack it only works out at a couple of quid a jar, so there's plenty for you and I'm sure a couple of the jars would make very welcome stocking fillers for people you want to be nice to.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2014 8:44 PM BST

Acctim 36596 Belsize Mantel Clock, Purple
Acctim 36596 Belsize Mantel Clock, Purple
Offered by Gadgetize

5.0 out of 5 stars Good clock., 9 Aug 2014
This is a nice stylish modern clock which looks good on my mantlepiece. It is true that the face is a lot darker than the image but I prefer it that way. So far, after three days, it's keeping perfect time which my old carriage clock didn't.

There's only one minor quibble which makes this review four and a half stars really and that's the negative end of the battery contact which is a thin piece of metal and could easily be damaged, so take care when changing the battery. Otherwise I'm really pleased with it.

GB eye 61 x 91.5 cm Godzilla Airport Maxi Poster
GB eye 61 x 91.5 cm Godzilla Airport Maxi Poster

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Godzilla 2014 poster., 9 Aug 2014
It's difficult to find anything particular to say about a poster except that what you see is precisely what you get. If you like the small image then you'll love the full size thing, which I do. The paper quality is acceptable for the low price and once it's firmly fixed on a wall is only likely to get damaged by a leaping cat, small child, or clumsy older person.

Veronica Mars [DVD]
Veronica Mars [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kristen Bell

4.0 out of 5 stars A film for fans, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: Veronica Mars [DVD] (DVD)
As the accompanying documentary rams home with the subtly of a steamroller, this film couldn't have made been without the enthusiasm and donations of and by fans of the TV series. Unfortunately, looking at the poor box office results they were the only ones who went to see it. I didn't even know the DVD had been released in the UK and I'm pretty sure the film was never released in the cinemas. I never even came across it in my Amazon recommendations. So it all looks very unlikely that we'll ever see another new Veronica Mars movie or TV series.

Pity because the film itself is quite enjoyable. However, I think that by returning our heroine to her roots they played it too safe. It might have been better if they'd let her move on in her life with maybe just a couple of guest stars, even just cameos, from the tv show.

Oh well. If you're a fan, you'll love it and probably even have it already. If not you'll wonder what the fuss is. Tip: buy the box sets and find out because they're great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20