Profile for gtkovacs > Reviews

Coffin Dodgers
Coffin Dodgers
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun crime thriller, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Coffin Dodgers (Kindle Edition)
In Coffin Dodgers, Gary Marshall has written a light-hearted and fun crime thriller. The plot flows well, and it is well written. One of those rare books where I paused to admire and re-read a sentence or observation.

DURAGADGET Portable Grey And Black Carry Case For Panasonic DMC-FZ100, DMC-FZ45, LUMIX DMC-G3
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK
Price: 19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Take care - this is massive, 3 Jan 2012
I put this case on my wish list having searched for a case for a Panasonic DMC-FZ100, and a family member kindly bought it for me. It is massive: I could fit 3 cameras in this thing!

Why does the listing not state dimensions?

That said, it seems pretty tough.

iTALKonline PadWear BROWN Executive BOOK Wallet Case Cover Shield Slot for Amazon Kindle 4 (4G) Global Wireless 3G 6" 6 inch 2011 Model
Offered by iBox Ltd
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars don't spend 20 more, 1 Jan 2012
An excellent, sturdy, quality leather case for the kindle. Looks good and easy to hold while reading.

Don't waste your money on a 30 item, buy this instead.

The Heir
The Heir

2.0 out of 5 stars Some books I regret persevering with ... and this is one of them, 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Heir (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book as a free download when I got the kindle app for ipod touch in mid 2010, and started reading then. Having been given a kindle for Christmas 2011 I determined to finish it, despite knowing how poor it was. New Year's Day, it's raining, and I have just finished this book.

This book has little to recommend it. The plot is scarcely believable, the characters are wooden, one-dimensional, and the writing and dialogue poor.

With major editing and re-writing there is, I suppose, a Hitchcock-type thriller in this.

I had been going to give this book a 1* review, but the final twist earned it 2.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars black silk tie with discreet paisley pattern, 2 Nov 2011
Being of an age when I go to more funerals than weddings, I decided I needed something better than a standard black tie. This is more sophisticated. The pattern, being black, is discreet and elegant.

Kinobo Wireless Slimline Usb Mouse For Laptops/Desktop Pc Xp/Vista/Windows 7 (Green Detail)
Offered by Kinobo pro
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars really good slimline mouse, 2 Nov 2011
THis is a really good little device. It works. I have had no problems whatsoever with the tiny usb receiver, which is easy to insert and remove, and which slots into the mouse when not in use.

I have no hesitation in recommending this item.

TeckNet? NEW Kindle Genuine Leather Multi-Angle Folio Case/Cover With Extra Strong Adjustable Stand For for NEW Amazon Kindle 4 / 6 inch / 2011 generation - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 5 Oct 2011
This cover is just what I needed to enable me to travel with my Kindle. The whole Kindle + cover still weighs less than my usual paperbacks. I chose a colour, rather than black, so that it would be easy to find in hand luggage and purple does the job nicely. The price represents excellent value for money. I have no hesitation in recommending this product.

COILED 3.5mm Stereo Jack to Socket Headphone Extension Cable Lead 1m
COILED 3.5mm Stereo Jack to Socket Headphone Extension Cable Lead 1m
Offered by kenable_ltd
Price: 1.73

4.0 out of 5 stars a coily extension cable, 28 July 2011
This is an extension cable for 3.5mm earphone jacks. It works. It does not stretch very long, but that's not what I need, so it's fine.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars don't bother, 28 July 2011
The delivery was quick.

That's the good bit.

The replacement screen arrived scratched and worn. No protective packaging or film. A major disappointment.

FT Guide to Business Networking: How to Use the Power of Online and Offline Networking for Business Success (The FT Guides)
by Heather Townsend
Price: 15.39

5.0 out of 5 stars You CAN do it!, 27 July 2011
Networking. Yes, we all have to do it. But do we really understand how it works?

Heather Townsend has written an excellent and readable book all about networking for professionals, with very clear and simple explanations to enable the reader to understand how to do this effectively.

This useful little book covers all aspects: face to face networking and "working the room" and online networking through linked in, twitter etc.

This is definitely a book to read cover to cover and then to dip in and out of regularly.

I strongly recommend it.