Profile for Miss O. Power > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Hot Chilli & Sweet Pepper Kit by Plant Theatre - 6 Different Varieties to Grow
Hot Chilli & Sweet Pepper Kit by Plant Theatre - 6 Different Varieties to Grow

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Entertaining Gift, 21 Jun 2011
I bought this as a Christmas gift. We were swapping in a group of 6 and everyone was SO entertained by the little pots and reading how they were used. There was so much ooing and ahhing over them I thought the recipient was going to be asked to share!

Also, this was for my boyfriend's sister's boyfriend, and I think it made a great gift for someone you don't know that well, who may be new to a group, as its a great conversation piece and encourages inclusivity.

Great gift! Ill definately pick up something from the rest of their range next time.

Panic at the Bank: How John Rusnak Lost AIB $700 Million
Panic at the Bank: How John Rusnak Lost AIB $700 Million
by Conor O'Clery

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Irish Rogue Trader Book, 21 Jun 2011
I don't know how well these sell now-a-days, what with our current financial crisis and rogue-banks rather than simple rogue traders.

In any case, I bought this book a few years ago having read the Nick Leeson story and LTCM and was so excited to hear there was an Irish case.

I read it twice, a few friends read it too. I remember it had a bit of a journalistic feel to it (rather than novelist) but a great read overall.

I highly recommend to anyone working in financial risk management in Ireland.

Parlux Superturbo 3000
Parlux Superturbo 3000
Offered by Hair Supermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE my hairdryer!, 21 Jun 2011
I have LONG hair, to the middle of my back. It used to take me circa one hr to get ready in the mornings. Now I blast my hair for two mins upside down, style for 5 with a big vent brush and Im not only good to go but I have SUPER volume that lasts all day.

I was so happy with it I asked my sister if she'd like one and she was like, nah.. I like my hair dryer. Then she came to visit (I live in the UK, she lives in Ireland) and she used it and ABSOLUTELY LOVED the results too, so I bought her one for christmas last year.

You kind of forget how good it is until you use someone else's hairdryer again. For instance, I was home in Ireland last weekend and I used my Mum's hairdryer and I was standing with my head upside down for at least 10 mins, and my hair was still damp and therefore didnt give me the voomph that Im now used to.

Brilliant, sturdy, grippy to hold hair dryer with incredible power. I've had it for a year now.

You will be so happy you got it.

RADZ Mens 'drift' 18cm Silicone BLACK Water Resistant Digital Sports Watch
RADZ Mens 'drift' 18cm Silicone BLACK Water Resistant Digital Sports Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE - coolest cheapest watches ever!, 21 Jun 2011
I bought these for going on safari - a white one for me and a black one for my boyfriend.

In the spirit of matchy-matchy, my boyf wrote his off completely and refused to wear it. I told him that all the cool kids and banker types are wearing them - no dice.

Lo-and-behold four days in, he and the plastic sports watch are inseparable!!!

Super product - very comfortable, easy to read and you dont need to take it off jumping in the pool etc.

Canon Remote Control RC-06
Canon Remote Control RC-06

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Compatible with the 1000d :(, 21 Jun 2011
This does not work with the Canon EOS 1000D :(

It looks pretty slick, has a cute, teeny tiny high quality leather case. However, as my camera apparently does not have wifi or some-such, the product is useless to me.

Let me know if you would like it!! I'll cut you a reasonable deal ;)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2011 1:26 PM BST

The Bronze Horseman
The Bronze Horseman
by Paullina Simons

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, brilliant love story, 28 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Bronze Horseman (Paperback)
I bought the trilogy on recommendation from a friend and I am loving it. I thought at first I wouldn't as the type is quite small ( and I'm on holidays) but I stopped noticing after the first couple pages and am totally sucked in. Plus, you feel like you're learning something, as it's set in communist Russia during the war. Written in a gripping, page turning manner; I am always a little devastated when the sun goes in and I've to go indoors to continue!

Page: 1 | 2