Profile for despicable > Reviews

Content by despicable

despicable (Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Hozelock Aqua Control Water Timer
Hozelock Aqua Control Water Timer
Offered by deals-direct
Price: 29.98

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy, even I can understand it, 17 July 2014
It's been working fine for a couple of months. At the time you wish to set, turn the dial to Set Time, then you can elect to have it come on every 6, 12, and 24 hours and 2, 3 and 7 days for various lengths of time; the every 7 day option has it coming on for 2 hours. In addition, you can elect to have it come on for immediate use, up to an hour. You can fiddle around with different times and settings, and as long as you don't turn the dial to Set Time your original time setting will stay. I split the output between a sprinkler for the lawn, veg plot and flower beds and a micro system for the patio plant pots.

Union Jack Aerial Topper England British - Individually Packaged - UK Gifts
Union Jack Aerial Topper England British - Individually Packaged - UK Gifts
Offered by Sticyrico1
Price: 2.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Short term flag waving, 17 July 2014
Rather cheap looking polyester. Attached to the aerial okay, but after about a month the flag came away, so all I had left was the little black stump still attached to the aerial. Not worth searching the A1 northbound between London and Newcastle for little flag, so pulled stump off and threw it away. If it had been a St George's flag put on to support the English World Cup team, it would've just outlasted Woyne's Wonkers.

Berghaus MENS Explorer Trail Light Grey 80024 G10 9.5 UK
Berghaus MENS Explorer Trail Light Grey 80024 G10 9.5 UK
Price: 81.13

5.0 out of 5 stars I Liked Them So Much I Bought ... Another Pair, 21 Jan 2014
I bought my first pair over 3-years' ago and had to replace them as their waterproofing was compromised, plus their soles were quite worn down. I found them easy to put on and take off and very comfortable. I've scrabbled over all sorts of terrain without any problems, but remembering that these are light-weight walking boots. The support given to my feet and ankles was good.
I replaced these boots with another (well known) manufacturer's boots; these are now sitting in my garage hardly used as they were too stiff and suffered a broken lace after wearing them only about 6 times. These have now been replaced by another pair of Berghaus Explorer Trails: right from the start very comfortable just like my original pair; it's like trekking with your slippers on.
I do recommend these boots, however, do remember their limitations when out and about and don't attempt the north face of the Eiger.

ULTRA COMFORT GARDENING SHOE, CLOG OLIVE GREEN
ULTRA COMFORT GARDENING SHOE, CLOG OLIVE GREEN
Offered by CISSBURY RETAIL
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits My Needs and My Feet, 21 Jan 2014
I got these clogs (Size 43/544) to wander and potter around in the garden; I wouldn't like to do any heavy digging with them on, although that's probably more to do with my dislike of digging rather than anything to do with the clogs. They're easy to slip on and off, and fit quite well: I take a 9 1/2 (44) shoe, but as a lot of shoes and boots come in only full sizes I normally end up with a size 10 (45). Therefore, if you can fit into a 44 size, then you may find a 45 too big.
They seem quite well-made and robust and I'd certainly recommend them

Darvilles Of Windsor English Breakfast Tea 50 Teabags 100g
Darvilles Of Windsor English Breakfast Tea 50 Teabags 100g
Offered by British Groceries
Price: 3.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tea, however, ..., 31 Mar 2013
To be honest I've never had a drink of Darvilles of Windsor Breakfast Tea*; but my CEO(Domestic), who used to drink Twinings Breakfast Tea prefers Darvilles of Windsor's. As she has impeccable taste (evidence: 1] she told me, and 2] she married me) who am I to argue?
I could get it from Amazon @ 5-odd a box (and free delivery), but choose to used British Corner Shop site where they're 2.42 a box plus 5.99 delivery. As I purchase 6 boxes at a time, this saves me over 10. Happy spouse, happy bank account: Bargain.

* I'm a green tea drinker

Mains Battery Charger for Olympus u700 Digital Camera - 2 Hours quick charging - UK, USA, EU plugs and car charger Included - AAA Products - 12 Month Warranty
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars More practical than the original, 2 Feb 2013
Having spent a fortnight trying to find the original charger for my wife's Olympus u700 camera, I felt the only way of finding it was to order a replacement. The day after it arrived I stumbled across the original; spooky.
Whilst the original is mains only, this (replacement) version can be plugged into both the mains (UK, Continental and US plugs provided) and a vehicle's cigarette lighter socket.
When it's charging a red LED shows, when it's finished the light turns to green.
Right, so now I've got a charger for home and a charger for when we're on the move; now where did I put them ...

Ring Automotive RTG6 Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge and Tyre Tread Gauge
Ring Automotive RTG6 Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge and Tyre Tread Gauge
Price: 12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and good display, 30 Jan 2013
The gauge was quite easy to use, there are four options for showing tyre pressure: psi, bar and two others. The nozzle is curved and can be swivelled, so managed to get a reading mostly at first attempt. Display is very clear. I suppose the LED light could be useful, like sneaking around at night checking your neighbours' tyre pressures; don't knock it, that sounds more entertaining that reality TV carp.
This gauge was purchased to supplement a Ring RAC750 tyre compressor, which has a gauge which is as accurate as a NAAFI price list. The last tyre pressure gauge I bought was a bar-type, in the 1970s.
I've no regrets with buying this gauge.

Ring Automotive RAC750 230V Mains Powered Rapid Air Compressor, Incl. Storage Bag
Price: 52.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Got to 80psi, 30 Jan 2013
I went through the previous reviews and agree that the quality of plastic is not high; the valve connector is of plastic construction, so should be treated with care; an electric extension lead will be required; the gauge over-reads; and the storage compartments for the electric lead and air hose are a bit tight. So why do I give it a hefty 4 stars? Because it successfully inflated my motorhome's tyres to the desired 80psi and, having been forewarned, I bought a Ring RTG6 tyre pressure gauge to go with it.
I would not use this pump for my car; it's much easier (for me) to use my old Halfords' twin-barrel foot-pump, however, if you're disabled or terminally lazy, then I should imagine this would work for you.
The garage that serviced my motorhome decided to ignore the recommended tyre pressure chart (79.5psi) and reduced my tyre pressures down to 65psi; up shot the fuel consumption. Efforts to use garage forecourt pumps failed as it's not practical to queue with a 25-foot vehicle blocking the garage exit and a lot of their air-hoses aren't long enough. My foot-pump wasn't strong enough to cope with over 65psi (I'm over 15 stone (just!) and standing on the foot-pump just made it start to bend).
To get the tyre pressure from 65 to 80psi with the Ring RAC750 took 3 to 4 minutes; it's claimed to be able to get to 250psi, maybe it can, but I feel that if you want that sort of pressure then you'll be better off with a more robust compressor. When inflating to 80psi I let the pump's gauge to get to a smidgen over 85psi, checked the actual pressure with the Ring RTG6 gauge and normally had to release about 0.5psi of air from the tyre.
Recommend it? Yes, but only if you take it's short-comings into consideration and compensate for them.

Venitex Quartz IV Ventilated Safety Hard Hat Helmet - Orange
Venitex Quartz IV Ventilated Safety Hard Hat Helmet - Orange
Offered by Tiger Safety
Price: 8.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 31 Dec 2012
This hard-hat is easy to adjust while it's on your head, is comfortable and the vents are a big plus point. I only occasionally visit sites where hard-hats are required to be worn, so I'm not used to having them on my head; but with this hat I hardly noticed I was wearing it.

Pack of VELCRO� Brand White Sew On Tape 20mm x 1M (60298)
Pack of VELCRO� Brand White Sew On Tape 20mm x 1M (60298)
Offered by Home Star Supplies Ltd
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Young dog with a zip fetish, 31 Dec 2012
My young dog has a fetish about chewing the zips on his dog-beds, so they were replaced with these Velcro strips. It worked, so if you want to hide a fastening from the attentions of a set of teeth attached to a inquisitive puppy and don't want to sew and un-sew the item, then I recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2