ARRAY(0xb3d0ef3c)

Kirsty Smith "KB" (UK)

Real Life
Real Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore this at your peril, 28 July 2006
This review is from: Real Life (Audio CD)
I wish the record of the year lists you usually get around Christmas were out now, this would be at the top of my list. I can't see anything else coming close. I beg you all to go out and buy this, don't let it be another undiscovered treasure that gets lost.

I bought this largely because of her collaborations, I was not sure exactly what to expect, but thought it would be worth a look. It was not an instant hit on first listen, but after the second, third....... and a few weeks later I am still under it's spell and can't stop listening to it.

The more you listen, the more you get from it, 10 tracks of pure gold, the only problem is, it's at an end before you know it.

Whenever I mention Joan as Police Woman I tend to get blank looks, this should not be! This is exceptionally good quality music, well written and performed. Her voice has a seductive depth, that lulls you into her world and keeps you there, wanting more. The haunting ghost like backing vocals are unusual and add a certain something.

She is a first rate musician as she has proved in her collaborations, but now she is proving herself in her own right. Also the live show sounds fantastic, every bit as good as the record, with the added pleasure of being in Joan Wasser's magnificent company.