Profile for Helen F Bowen > Reviews

Helen F Bowen

Clay Cure: Natural Healing from the Earth
Clay Cure: Natural Healing from the Earth
by Ran Knishinsky

3.0 out of 5 stars This book would be more useful for someone who has no knowledge of the medicinal ..., 22 Dec. 2015
This book would be more useful for someone who has no knowledge of the medicinal potential of clay as it provides an easily understandable text. However I consider it to be of little use for anyone who is a professional healer as the information provided is very light-weight.

Pegasus Bridge: D-day: The Daring British Airborne Raid
Pegasus Bridge: D-day: The Daring British Airborne Raid
by Stephen E. Ambrose

5.0 out of 5 stars In anticipation of another excellent read, 20 Jan. 2014
I bought this book for my daughter's boyfriend. He had already finished Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose so a take from the British perspective seemed a logical step forward. I am awaiting to hear how he enjoyed - I have not doubt he will.
Book arrived quickly and was well packed and in good condition.

Crazy Horse And Custer: The Epic Clash of Two Great Warriors at the Little Bighorn: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors
by Stephen E. Ambrose

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful book by Stephen Ambrose, 20 Jan. 2014
I purchased this book for my husband who is an avid reader and is particularly interested in American history. There are many books on the subject but I felt drawn to Stephen Ambrose's title and went ahead to purchase as we had enjoyed Band of Brothers so much. Once again the subject matter had been well researched and put across in a compulsive style - hard to put it down!
The book arrived in excellent condition and quickly.

Rumi: Bridge to the Soul: Journeys into the Music and Silence of the Heart
Rumi: Bridge to the Soul: Journeys into the Music and Silence of the Heart
by Coleman Barks

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift to the soul, 20 Jan. 2014
I chose this collection of poems as a gift for my daughter who is living in Australia. I did not realise what good value books are over here until I started to look at buying the equivalent over there. She loves poetry and I feel sure she will get so much out of this collection which was most reasonably priced. The book arrived promptly and in excellent condition - everything I hoped for.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2015 11:34 PM BST

BRIO BRI-30332 Wooden Pull Along Small Dachshund
BRIO BRI-30332 Wooden Pull Along Small Dachshund

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy shame about the size - remember to read the small print!, 20 Jan. 2014
I ordered this for my grandson's second birthday. I have always like Brio toys as they are well made and appealing to children. When I ordered it I thought it was very reasonably priced - until I opened the package and felt shocked by how small the dog was - it was disappointing in all honesty. I should have realised that there must have been a reason for the huge differential in price between the large dachshund and the smaller one. I could not afford the bigger one but would not have purchased the smaller one had I realised what the size would be. However this was not fault of the supplier. The item arrived in good time and in perfect condition so certainly no complaints there - I should just have been more discerning!

Tomy Aqua Fun Snowboarding Polar Bears
Tomy Aqua Fun Snowboarding Polar Bears
Offered by Slamtech Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes bathtime to a new dimension, 20 Jan. 2014
The package arrived promptly and in perfect condition for my grandson's birthday. The polar bears are most amusing and provide endless fun. It took a while to work out how it worked and little hands can still find it tricky but then it help to each perseverance! A fun toy and good value for money.

RHS Desk Diary 2014 by Royal Horticultural Society ( 2013 )
RHS Desk Diary 2014 by Royal Horticultural Society ( 2013 )

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly and good quality packaging - very minor damage, 20 Jan. 2014
I purchase this diary every year because I do love it and the illustrations uplift every day. The diary arrived in very good time and was packed in a new jiffy-type bag - unfortunately the corners had sustained minor damage and were bent in slightly. I did not feel this warranted complaint - it has happened to me before on previous purchases but to a worse degree - however I would have preferred perfect corners to start the year with!

Memory Professional Artists Fabric Paint Set, 12 Colours in 12ml Alumenium Tubes, Retail Packed
Offered by MEMORY ARTIST PAINT

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 3 Nov. 2013
I purchased this product for my daughter's A2 textiles project. It arrived promptly and the paints were in good condition. I was relieved it was not purchased for a gift as the lid was secured by two pieces of very thick and not very attractive sellotape - two smaller, discreet and well applied pieces would have been quite adequate. Otherwise it was better than I could have hoped for the price and in my opinion was good value for money.

Suffragettes - Replica Memorabilia Pack
Suffragettes - Replica Memorabilia Pack
Offered by Layla's Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure trove, 3 Nov. 2013
The packaging was a bit workmanlike but the product arrived in excellent condition and arrived very quickly. The memorabilia pack was amazing - full of all sorts of gems. For anyone studying the Suffragette movement it is a must have!

Sinatra: Best Of The Best
Sinatra: Best Of The Best

5.0 out of 5 stars Great listening, 3 Nov. 2013
Well packed and arrived promptly. Very good value for money. My daughter loves Frank Sinatra and I was happy to find this CD which is a modern version of the crooner's best songs. It was a welcome addition to her 18th birthday.