Profile for c. smith > Reviews

Angels With Furry Faces: a novel
Angels With Furry Faces: a novel
by Andrew Skaife

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!, hilarious... wow, 3 Nov. 2011
I am difficult to please when it comes to a new author and my reading lists normally comes from the booker shortlists or Nobel lit winners, in short it takes a lot to impress me but wow this book did! It was recommended to me by a friend and I can't thank them enough! I honestly don't think I have laughed out loud so many times at one book and I grew up on Tom Sharp and Douglass Adams! it's nuanced satire and flawless comic timing coupled with a wacky imagination makes angels with furry faces a perfect example of what would happen if you crossed Tom Sharp with Terry Pratchett... Where else would you find turf wars/gang fights between Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses alongside a fox with split personality syndrome who thinks she's a squirrel!!! If the second coming of Christ was this hilarious I would convert in an instant! Highly recommended.

Ross Noble - Fizzy Logic [DVD]
Ross Noble - Fizzy Logic [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ross Noble
Offered by ajdiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 1 May 2010
This DVD had me in tears with laughter , one of the funniest commedians around ! The extras were also fantastic would have payed double for this DVD feel like I have ripped of the artist a bit for all you get in this ..... MUST SEE but please keep an open mind and Ross will take you on a crazy fantastical journey !