Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more
Profile for Mr Leo M Donkersley > Reviews

Content by Mr Leo M Donke...

Mr Leo M Donkersley

Page: 1 | 2
Fäviken
Fäviken
by Magnus Nilsson

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best food books around., 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Fäviken (Hardcover)
Living in northern Sweden, I am lucky to share the nature that is found in the book. When it comes to ingredients, it obviously features some things more easily found in the northern forest or nordic countries. Sweden is where he is from and where his restaurant is.

More important than location and ingredients however, is the philosophy behind the chef. Magnus Nilsson cooks with his heart and soul. It will be his attitude to food and cooking that will inspire you, not the availability of some of the ingredients.

Being only a few hours drive away, I'm dreaming of a trip to this restaurant with my wife in the future. I'd better start saving the pennies...

Storyworld
Storyworld
by John & Caitlin Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply wonderful., 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Storyworld (Hardcover)
Wow. This set is beautiful. I am looking forward to sitting around the campfire with my wife and boy, with this our evening entertainment. Storytelling is timeless, and remains as important today as when our ancestors used to sit around the campfire and do the same. If I had one criticism it would be that the solitary picture of the box on Amazon does it no justice whatsoever!

The Hobbit Five Figure Pack
The Hobbit Five Figure Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality figures., 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Hobbit Five Figure Pack (Toy)
I (and most importantly, my son) am very pleased with the quality of the figures, and the level of detail is good. The weapons are quite small and fiddly to fit in the figures hands, however. It states age four and over on the box, and whilst the following opinion is not a reflection on the quality of the product, I would say they are better suited to older kids. My boy (seven) will lose the weapons within a month...

Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii)
Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 27 Dec. 2013
My seven-year old boy had this set as one of his presents, and he loves it. The power portal is a great feature and adds an element to the game play he has not experienced before. Only problem is, I'm now going to have to buy more Skylanders, as a poster included in the box has illustrated there are many, many more to collect! Clever...

Silent Night Advent Calendar
Silent Night Advent Calendar
by Schroeder
Edition: Card Book

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 27 Dec. 2013
I am very pleased with this Calendar - a lovely, traditional type. If you put a small lamp behind it, the open windows have a cosy glow about them.

Timex Kids Analog Gecko's Elastic Strap T72881
Timex Kids Analog Gecko's Elastic Strap T72881

3.0 out of 5 stars Great little watch, but..., 27 Dec. 2013
My son is really happy with his first watch, which we bought at the beginning of November for his birthday.

I am pleased with it, and the fact it is waterproof is a definite advantage. It is however, losing time. I will change the battery and see if that solves the problem, but if you are going to supply a battery, I think it should last longer than two months.

Songs of the Voyageurs (Mhs Minnesota Musical Traditio)
Songs of the Voyageurs (Mhs Minnesota Musical Traditio)
by Theodore Christian Blegen
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric, 27 Dec. 2013
I was looking for a collection of Voyageur songs for a little atmosphere on my next canoe camping trip. This collection fits the bill nicely and comes with a great little booklet, with information on the songs and Voyageurs. Recommended!

Photographer's Guide to the Panasonic Lumix LX7
Photographer's Guide to the Panasonic Lumix LX7
by Alexander S. White

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying., 10 Sept. 2013
I'm so glad I got this book. Being an absolute novice, I would have ended up using this camera in Intelligent Auto mode and missed the chance of using a great little camera to it's full potential.

The Sun Egg (Mini-Edition)
The Sun Egg (Mini-Edition)
by Elsa Beskow

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic..., 10 Sept. 2013
My son loves the series of books by Elsa Beskow. The story is great and the illustrations are enchanting. A great bedtime read too, because it is not too long.

2 Parts Hard PU Leather Case with Tripod fixing for Panasonic Lumix LX7 Digital Camera (Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro chic!, 10 Sept. 2013
A quality case and robust to provide good protection for the camera. Promptly dispatched and perfect condition. I am very happy!

Page: 1 | 2