Profile for Kecu > Reviews

Content by Kecu

Kecu (West Midlands, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Airflo PC Controller (PC)
Airflo PC Controller (PC)
Offered by Piranha Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 30 April 2013
This is a fantastic buy. Works with many types of games, is very comfortable in the hand with easy-to-reach buttons, and is easy to install, with a USB connection and a disk to install the software. The fan. The fan! For anyone who may be in doubt, the fan does work, and the extremity of the two phases of fan (high and low) are evident upon using it. And don't worry, you can turn it off when it's not needed. It does make a slight noise, understandably, but it's not so loud as to have the need to turn your game up. An amazing buy for any PC gamer in a variety of climates. (I now have three of them for when friends visit, they're just so great in quality, in my opinion.)

Skies of Arcadia Legends
Skies of Arcadia Legends

5.0 out of 5 stars Legendary, 27 Aug. 2012
One of my favourite games of all time! The characters are fun, the soundtrack is almost as addictive as the gameplay (and trust me, that's some addictive gameplay!), and it'll keep you going for absolute hours, with discoveries to find, levels to gain and treasures to seek. No joke, it took me 90 odd hours, and I only got to level 65. Tip with this game: always try different tactics in battle whenever you can. Have fun! :D

Learning Web Design: A Beginner's Guide to (X)HTML, StyleSheets, and Web Graphics
by Jennifer Niederst Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome buy!, 27 Aug. 2012
I've recently tried to get into web design (especially graphic design), and after researching into a lot of different beginner's books, I chose this one. I found that the author, Jennifer, wrote it as though she speaks to you as a student rather than an expert, and she wrote it as though she speaks to you, rather than everyone. Personally, this helps me to learn things faster immensely. I'm still only in the first couple of chapters, but I have flicked through a lot of the pages, so I can give a slight explanation as to what to expect. At the beginning, Jennifer openly admits that this book is aimed more towards graphic design than any of the other disciplines in web design, but she also gives good suggestions as to what equipment you'd need (on both a professional and hobbyist level, and from inexpensive to industry level). Another thing I like is that she doesn't just chuck you into web design; she'll give you explanations as to where the Web came from, what abbreviated terms such as HTML and CSS stand for and she places tests in areas to make sure you have subjects based on that chapter to revise. She also informs you as to what tasks and talents you should expect to do and have within each field of the web design industry. As the book delves in further, she explains much of the differences between using, say, GIF & JPEG and how design can influence both your customer's mind and your computer's data. Overall, it's a great book for my needs!

1 x 4LR44 6 volt (4LR44,A544) (476A, PX28A, A544, V4034PX, 4SR44, PX28) 6v BATTERY
Offered by Fish-4-u

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 27 Aug. 2012
After buying a Praktica MTL 50, I realised that the aperture LED wasn't working, and that I'd need a 6V battery for it. After looking around a lot of shops, I found that it's pretty hard to buy one from just anywhere. However, after looking around Amazon for a cheap but efficient battery, I bought this one and I'm so glad I did. This is a wonderful battery that has lasted me a while, now, and it doesn't fault, either. I probably should have bought two.

Little Red Riding Hood Bento Chopsticks Otogicco Japan
Little Red Riding Hood Bento Chopsticks Otogicco Japan

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 27 Aug. 2012
I'm going to start by saying that 'educational' and 'fun' aren't necessarily focus points with this product - it's like saying that buying a fork would give you a degree and cheer up a kid's party.
So what can I say, they're chopsticks? Small plastic chopsticks with a very cute design on them and in a lovely little case to not only help keep them together, but also keep them sanitary. They're not small enough to fit in a bento box, but most definitely small enough to fit in, say, your coat pocket or a small pocket in your bag. And they may be made of plastic, but it's a durable type of plastic, neither flimsy nor easily broken. Overall, they're a nice buy for if you or someone you know want chopsticks you can travel with and that are cute.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!, 27 Aug. 2012
I bought this for someone as a birthday present not too long ago (they even pointed this one out), and I'm glad I did. The box is around the size of an average lunchbox, so it's as compact as you'd expect. It's got a nicy, sturdy feel to the materials used, and the design is fit so suit many people. There's plenty of room in each compartment inside, so despite its small appearance, you will be able to fit a lot in. Speaking of compartments, each of them has a seperator, and so each layer keeps the food fresh from different types of food. We've not yet tested as to whether it's microwaveable, unfortunately, but the description's been accurate with everything else, and so I can't see as to why it wouldn't be.
Seriously, it's a wonderful buy for anyone trying to get into Japanese food/traditions or just want a difference in their day-to-day lunchbox.

Canson A3 250 gsm Very Smooth Short Side Glued Pad Bristol Drawing Paper - Extra White (Pack of 20 Sheets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy all around!, 27 Aug. 2012
I bought this product for my girlfriend, and she's currently using one of the sheets on a new drawing. From what she's told me, the paper is very smooth, allowing for her to blend pencils on effortlessly. Unfortunately, I can't mark it as being necessarily 'fun' because...well...it's paper. How much fun you have with it all depends on you. The same goes for 'educational'; if you've had this paper before, then you can't learn much from it - even if it's a first-time-buy, then you can only still learn a bit from using it. However, what I can say is that this paper is durable. It definitely stands up against blending, hard pencil strokes, masking tape and rubbing out.
If you want paper that's got a smooth grain to it, with plenty of blending capabilities and the endurance to withstand serious artwork, then this is definitely worth a good shot at!

Derwent Pencil Extenders Blister Pack for use with 7mm and 8mm Diameter Pencils, Screw Fitting and Soft Touch Coating (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 22 May 2012
I had only received these extenders yesterday, but I can already tell that they're a great buy. The grip is amazing, they're incredibly easy to load (a pencil), and they do exactly what they're supposed to do. I haven't yet tried the larger round extender, but I can't say that I can see any problem with it. These are a fantastic way to not only save money, but also to reduce the discarding of good quality pencils. Definitely a necessary piece of artist's stationary.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2012 8:03 PM BST

Talking Bagpuss
Talking Bagpuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Talking Bagpuss (Toy)
It arrived fast, in great condition and the price was very good. I bought this for my mom for her birthday, and she loves it! The materials used are of great quality and the noise that comes out of it is loud and clear enough to hear and understand, but not annoyingly loud.
For anyone that used to be a fan of, or you know someone who likes Bagpuss, this is a definite must-have!

Mockingjay (part III of The Hunger Games Trilogy)
Mockingjay (part III of The Hunger Games Trilogy)
by Suzanne Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 Feb. 2012
I bought this for my girlfriend and she said that it was a great book, last of the series, it didn't disappoint and it was written well. Props to the author!
Fantastic buy!