Profile for Mr. W. J. Bourne > Reviews

Content by Mr. W. J. Bourne

Mr. W. J. Bourne "Walter Bourne" (Milton Keynes, U.K.)

2 CUP EGG POACHING PAN
2 CUP EGG POACHING PAN
Offered by HGP Direct
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Two egg poacher, 29 Mar 2014
My wife had looked every where for a TWO EGG poacher, couldn't find one anywhere, all the usual housewares specialists only seemed to stock FOUR EGG one's. We are two in family so this was the one for us, Brilliant and does the eggs beautifully.

Well done again Amazon, should have looked there first, would have saved us all that leg-work and petrol!

Dice, spot-pack of 10 x 16mm. diameter.00563
Dice, spot-pack of 10 x 16mm. diameter.00563
Offered by Legendgames
Price: 1.57

5.0 out of 5 stars A set of dice for silly Cristmas games!, 21 Feb 2013
These were ideal for the games played over the Christmas period namely 'Beetle' --- anyone rmember that game? Beautifully made dice, perfectly weighted to roll perfectly.

I've just realised I sent feedback on dice to my reiew of QUARTET -- I sent Quartet back to Amazon as I thought I'de order the DVD but it turned out to be only a CD.

Quartet (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Quartet (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Set of dice need for 'silly' Christmas games, 21 Feb 2013
Ideal dice and beautifully made for our games of 'Beetle' (anyone remember that game?) over the Christmas period with family and friends.

Heilemann Milk Chocolate Gardening Set 100 g
Heilemann Milk Chocolate Gardening Set 100 g
Price: 4.89

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely Christmas present, 21 Feb 2013
German chocolate making at its best, and so novel! Who'd have thought of making chocolates in the shapes of gardening tools for a gardening fanatic!

EDU Science MA001 Horseshoe Magnet
EDU Science MA001 Horseshoe Magnet

5.0 out of 5 stars Urgently needed to retrieve an item from a difficult location, 21 Feb 2013
Because the magnet did exactly what it said on it - picked up metal objects! I had dropped something metal behind some fixed cupboards in my kitchen and could not reach it without major de-contruction of the kitchen units. Not an option -- this magnet attached to a length of cord was ideally suited to the job in hand, did it in seconds and offending kitchen tool retrieved without bloodshed or tears!

Lorna Doone (Wordsworth Classics)
Lorna Doone (Wordsworth Classics)
by R. D. Blackmore
Price: 1.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Lorna Doone was a 2 part BBC production film., 21 Feb 2013
This was BBC production TV at its very best. acting, action, costumes, romance, scenery all of the highest enjoyment and entertainment value DVD.. Forget that it did not adhere strictly to R.D. Blackmore's original 19th C novel, it was just sheer gripping viewing that had me glued to my 40" TV screen, (which also has Panoramic,, CInema of Auto screen-size facility,) I chose cinema of course!! All that was missing was the ice-cream and popcorn vendor!

One item caused me to find fault, that was during the gun battle scenes between the dreaded Doone clan and the John Ridd yeomanry when the single shot, muzzle loading muskets appeared to fire continuously within recourse to re-loading, but I am nit-picking here.

JUNIOR COVERALL OVERALLS - Camoflauge - 26 (5-6yrs)
JUNIOR COVERALL OVERALLS - Camoflauge - 26 (5-6yrs)
Offered by Waterproofs UK
Price: 8.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Child's boiler/work suit., 29 May 2012
This product was exactly as described and as I imagined it when I ordered it. It fitted my young great-grandson perfectly and is used when he 'helps me' in my wood workshop.

So thank you Food Safety Direct for excellent service and product.

Walt of Buckingham

Boys / Girls Childrens Snake Belts (Red)
Boys / Girls Childrens Snake Belts (Red)
Offered by School Wear United
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Snake belts I thought were unobtainable!, 5 Mar 2012
My four year old great-grandson was absolutely delighted with his two snake belts - I had them when a boy some 75 years ago and thought they were now unobtainable in this country.
My order was quickly filled and delivered to one very happy little boy who finds them so easy to fasten his trousers and stop them falling round his ankles!