Profile for CvW > Reviews

CvW

Labgear MRX700 DigiLink SCART to RF Converter
Labgear MRX700 DigiLink SCART to RF Converter

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 3 Mar. 2015
I have bought the cheap converter before and to be honest they just don't work properly, this one does.

Learn Greek - Parallel Text - Easy Stories (Greek - English)
Learn Greek - Parallel Text - Easy Stories (Greek - English)

1.0 out of 5 stars None, 28 Feb. 2015
unless you can read greek this useless, don't bother waste of money. I have to use 20 words to say this is rubbish so that was them

Black Wireless 3.5mm Handsfree LCD FM Transmitter For iPhone 4S 5 iPod Touch Galaxy S3 Motorola Nokia
Offered by Bsyexcellent-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 8 Oct. 2013
Cheaper than advertised elsewhere so a bit wary but at his price worth a go.
Charged it, plugged it in and away it went, biggest problem was finding a clear channel on the radio but it powerful enough to cover weak signals.

Madrid & Central Spain - Travel Guide
Madrid & Central Spain - Travel Guide

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 24 Sept. 2013
Don't bother with this, the off line maps are useless rendering is of such poor quality they cannot be read. The guide is too far ranging to be of any real use, there are better free apps elsewhere.

Joby GorillaPod Hybrid Tripod for Compact System Cameras with Integrated Ballhead
Offered by MP3 Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit, 23 Jan. 2012
I was looking for a table top tripod for my Fujifilm HS20, after looking at many others, some more expensive some cheaper, I decided to give this one a go. I am not disapointed, even with the zoom lense fully extended it remains stable.
I like the way it will grip almost everything in most positions.
Highly reccomended.

Dutch Cooking (The Netherlands Cookbook)
Dutch Cooking (The Netherlands Cookbook)
by Heleen A. M. Halverhout

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Basic traditional recipes, 27 Oct. 2010
This book contains some interesting simple, note simple, recipes for some of the 'traditional' dutch home cooked foods like my Oma (Dutch Grandmother) used to make which is what I had hoped, however does anyone really need to be told how to fry a pork chop?
"Fry the chops. Cook over low heat for 35-40 minutes until tender. Make a Dutch gravy. Serve with potatoes and Brussels sprouts." Yes that really is all the recipe, which takes a full page, in the book says.
In conclusion if you accept that it contains only basic recipes, some interesting but some superfluous for most home cooks, and that is what you want then buy it, but I suggest only secondhand and as cheap as possible.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Cyclamatic electric bike, 20 Oct. 2010
After long consideration I decided to purchase the Cyclamatic based on cost, now lower than I paid but that's life, and the generally positive reviews. I have owned it for 2 months now and overall am very pleased with it, at 58 years young and not haven ridden a bike for over forty years I decided that an electric bike was a sensible thing to have, my reason for buying was the cost of fuel in my (large) car, 12 miles per gallon on mostly local trips and of course to try to maintain a little fitness.
The suspension is fine for me but may be a little stiff for someone a bit less heavy, I am 6'1" and weigh in at a slight 17 stone. I have added a suspension saddle post, from Halfords, and find that bumpy roads are now no problem at all; personally I found the saddle to be very comfortable. The replacement of the post does mean that the rather clever tilting mechanism allowing easy removal of the battery has to go but that's no problem if, like me, you charge it in-situ.
The build quality is surprisingly good for what must be a fairly basic bike when you take into account what the motor and battery must cost, however some of the components are not the best, I couldn't adjust the tension on the front brakes, neither could my cycle mad son, to work correctly so bought a second hand, ebay, set of Shimano, much better.
The rear wheel removal is a frightening prospect until you have done it once or twice, like I have. Whilst it was parked at my local railway station some very nice fellow decided to loosen the front wheel and let down the rear tyre just sufficiently so that it wasn't noticeable when looked at but enough to ruin the inner tube when it was ridden. While the rear wheel was off I took the opportunity to take a look at the rear brake, described as a `Servo Safety Brake' it's actually a drum brake just like my old Morris Minor. I just hope the shoes last because I don't think Halfords will be able to supply spares.
I have taken it `off road', all be it trail rather than `mountain biking', and was very pleased with the performance. I was with my son who was riding his £3,500, 27 gear, full suspension, all singing all dancing mountain bike and I managed everything, including hills (with the electric motor on) just as well as he did.
It is a heavy bike at 25kg or half a hundred weight in old measure, but that's no problem unless you want to carry it for any reason. Once the battery and motor are removed it's actually not bad and I suspect could be converted to a standard bike by fitting a rear wheel fitted with a disc brake.
I have also fitted a rear rack, if you want to do the same get one that is designed for a bike with disc brakes as they have a wider rear, I got mine from Parkers of Bolton.
My biggest gripe is that the handbook is nothing more than a guide to assembly but doesn't have anything about maintenance, such as removal of the rear wheel.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2011 8:44 AM BST