Profile for Jakkisr > Reviews

Jakkisr

Page: 1 | 2
Tippitoes Stroller (Charcoal)
Tippitoes Stroller (Charcoal)

5.0 out of 5 stars well made sturdy buggy complete with raincover., 29 July 2014
well made sturdy buggy complete with raincover. I love it! It folds easily with the hood intact (though you can't put the brakes on and stand it in a corner so it needs to lay flat when folded or wedged in a corner). Fits into my tiny kia picanto boot lengthways. Swivelly wheels, handles very well, including kerbs, reclines by adjustable snap-buckles at the back (doesn't go all the way flat but certainly goes well back for a comfy nap). I use it for my 2 and a half year old grandson and will be using it for my baby grandaughter too once she reaches 6 months it will give adequate padding and support. It's not suitable for a newborn.

I highly recommend this buggy, so much better than the red kite cheap buggy.

Joseph 10" Memory Foam Mattress, 3ft Single
Joseph 10" Memory Foam Mattress, 3ft Single
Offered by BEDEXPRESS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mattress, 2 May 2014
Super quality mattress with a good layer of memory foam on top. No smell, very very comfortable, good quality fabric covering, considering replacing other mattresses with these in the near future.

Digital Food Dryer & Dehydrator - Fruit Dehydrater with Digital temperature control & Timer

3.0 out of 5 stars Big item, dries effectively though slowly, 2 May 2014
My first dehydrator so I've only experimented with a few things (lemons, grapes, beetroot, celery for celery salt). I like it but it does take forever to dry things even though I followed the instructions and preparation etc I still had to add extra drying time. Its a big item, takes up a lot of space on the worktop so mine lives in the utility or boxed away when not in use. Worth the money but I could live without it.

The British Bed Bumper - Foam Baby & Child Bed Guard Rail - Original 100cm(Buy 2 Get 10% Off)
Offered by purple daisies

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, easy to use, stays in place, 2 May 2014
bought 2 of these to put in my spare double bed when 2 year old grandson sleeps over. While I was waiting for delivery I used pillows under the sheets and surprisingly they worked very well! These foam blocks are much better than pillows though - they stay in place, take up just a small area of bed, are easy to sit on and get off again for stories etc. Great little invention and much handier for temporary bed guards than some of the metal collapsible contraptions available.

Z-Tec ZT-MBA4 Folding Lightweight Compact Aluminium Rollator
Z-Tec ZT-MBA4 Folding Lightweight Compact Aluminium Rollator
Offered by Simplelife Mobility

4.0 out of 5 stars Stable, fairly easy to put up, needs a strap, 2 May 2014
Bought this for 70 year old mum recovering from a broken leg. Had a look at rollators in my local mobility shop to check I was buying the same online and it is. Good quality, sturdy with good brakes (can be used while walking or pushed down to 'park' for a sit down). Easy enough to put together though mum did put all the wheels on back to front and on the wrong sides! The instructions aren't very clear and it did take me quite an effort to screw on the plastic nuts. Our only dislike is that when you fold it up there isn't a catch or strap to hold it together which makes it quite unwieldy for getting in and out of the car - i hope they add one to the design in future , something like a kiddies pushchair catch would do. A velcro strap soon solves the problem.

AZATOM® iFlute SILVER Portable Docking Station
AZATOM® iFlute SILVER Portable Docking Station
Offered by 4 COOL TECHNOLOGY

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, decent sound, looks smart, 23 Aug 2013
I really like this docking station. The sound quality is good, not at all tinny, though it wouldn't replace a proper sound system. It looks nice and neat and takes up very little space. I have it in the bedroom and find the remote control handy. Nice quality and good value.

The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
by Hairy Bikers

5.0 out of 5 stars Kickstarted my diet - great for a foodie who likes cooking!, 23 Aug 2013
Love this book for the recipes (as a cook I find some of their instructions tediously longwinded though for beginners they are great). Recipes are creative, filling, tasty and calorie counts are accurate. My one criticism is that there are many recipes that serve 6 people which isn't great if you don't want to freeze food or eat the same thing for days on end. Absolutely love the use of filo pastry on the chicken and leek pie and also the cheese and onion pasties made with bread mix. I lost my target weight of a stone and a half and am sure this book was integral to my success - I looked forward to cooking and eating my main meal every day and didn't feel deprived at all. Highly recommended.

The Italian Diet
The Italian Diet
by Gino D'Acampo

3.0 out of 5 stars Nicely presented cookbook - not sure its that good for the waistline though!, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Italian Diet (Paperback)
Lovely cookbook with a nice range of italian recipes. I didn't find it groundbreaking though and I don't feel it increased my italian recipe repertoire very much. The calorie counts are provided for every recipe along with suggestions for side dishes. I found the calorie counts were usually underestimated by at least 100 when i weighed and measured my own ingredients. As a cookery book it's nice. As a diet cookery book, I wasn't impressed. Hairy Bikers was more useful.

Bitter Harvest (Harvest Trilogy, Book 2)
Bitter Harvest (Harvest Trilogy, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem from Hicks!, 23 Aug 2013
Loving all of Hicks' books - this and its forerunner in the Harvest trilogy are set in the modern day world of genetically modified crop engineering - very apt with current concerns around Monsanto. I've read all of Hicks books, he's got me totally hooked with his expansive storylines, his creative stories, the depth of characters, just great, pure entertainment and proper 'switch the brain off and go to another place' ... just what i want to read sometimes :)

A Year in Crete or The Diet Book that is not a Diet Book
A Year in Crete or The Diet Book that is not a Diet Book

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, made me smile :), 23 Aug 2013
read this short book on the flight to Crete - it made me smile, a lot :) an enjoyable light read with lots of love for Crete. Nice recipes scattered throughout too along with the tale that goes with each dish.

Page: 1 | 2