Profile for Ms. S. Smith > Reviews

Content by Ms. S. Smith

Ms. S. Smith "SuSm" (UK)

Apple iPod nano 16GB 7th Generation - Blue  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod nano 16GB 7th Generation - Blue (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by BEST SALE
Price: 94.85

1.0 out of 5 stars stay clear of this model!, 9 Feb 2013
I bought the iPod nano 7th generation a couple of weeks ago but when I received it no sound came out of it. Contacted Apple Support and was walked through resetting the device, then restoring it to the factory settings. However none of this worked and I was advised by Apple to return the device to Amazon, which I did. Two weeks on and I have just received the second iPod nano which I bought as a replacement and surprise, surprise, there is no sound coming out of this one either. I have been all over the Internet looking for a solution (just Google "iPod nano no sound" and you'll see what I mean). I then landed in the Apple user forum where there are people trying to help other users to get some sound to come out of their iPods. So all-in-all this doesn't seem to be a one-off issue. Problem is, I bought the nano not only for it's compact size for running, but also because it works with the Nike+ devices that I bought from Amazon at the same time. I'm going to wait to see if any forum users come up with any ideas that I haven't already tried (resetting the device with the power and home buttons, restoring the device to the factory settings, making sure that the Volume Limiter is set to Off and turning up the volume to the max).

Whatever the turnout, this is the last iPod that Im ever going to buy. I also have a Creative Zen Vision-M which has never gone wrong ONCE in the five or so years that I've had it and is an absolutely brilliant device. It's just a bit too bulky to run with, hence my wanting to try an iPod.

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead: How Fruits and Vegetables Changed My Life
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead: How Fruits and Vegetables Changed My Life
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most inspirational films about turning your life around out there, 24 Jan 2013
It's the twist in the tail that makes this film really special. Joe Cross 'juiced' his way back to health after suffering for years from an auto-immune disease and obesity. A chance meeting at a truck stop during his road-trip across America changes the life of Phil - a fat, sick and nearly dead truck driver. I love this film because it's so inspirational and a times very funny too.

Withings Black Wifi Body Scale
Withings Black Wifi Body Scale
Offered by US market place
Price: 192.67

1.0 out of 5 stars Really frustrating!, 24 July 2012
Received the scales today and inserted the batteries included in the box but the scales don't turn on. Replace included batteries with my own, scales still not turning on. Go to the Withings website, FAQ is useless and there is no customer services number to call, just a mail form to fill in. Fill in every field in the form and then get an error message that "the mail object can not be empty". I just hate companies that don't have a decent customer service (I should have checked the website beforehand). No physical address either on the website. I probably be returning this tomorrow and I'll be buying the Fitbit Aria instead...

60 Camtasia Video Tutorials
60 Camtasia Video Tutorials

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off, 20 Jan 2012
When I bought this I thought I would actually be getting tutorials to read. All you get is a list of pasted in links to videos on YouTube and the like. Those I could have found for myself. Total waste of a pound.

Black + Blum Lunch Pot, Orange
Black + Blum Lunch Pot, Orange
Price: 15.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust and good design, 23 Oct 2011
I got sick of taking the usual tupperware to work and decided to buy a couple of these products. They are very robust, pleasing to the eye and provide sensible portions. I'm really happy with this product. Delivery was fast.

The Breuss Cancer Cure: Advice for the Prevention and Natural Treatment of Cancer, Leukemia and Other Seemingly Incurable Diseases
by Rudolf Breuss
Price: 8.90

4.0 out of 5 stars I have tried this myself and it worked for me, 1 Sep 2010
Back in the 70's I was living in Berlin when I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. I was to go on to have a total of 4 operations and several sessions of radiation treatment over a five year period. During these five years I saw my health deline considerably and decided to take a chance on the Breuss cancer cure which was quite well known in Germany and Austria even back then. In a nutshell, this is a fasting cure where only herbal teas and vegetable juices are taken during a 42-day period. Instead of the cancer eating you, the idea is to bring the body to the point where it is forced to look to it's own resources for fuel and will as a result, consume the tumor. Parallel to this the teas and juices are detoxing the body and the detox is further supported by having regular enemas/colonics. (For the sake of decency I won't even try to describe the muck that comes out of the body even after fasting for 21 days).
During the fast I was working an 8 hour day, but still had so much energy that I redecorated my whole flat too and after the initial 2-3 weeks which were the hardest, I felt great. The only comment I got from the hospital later was "spontaneous remission". Why only four stars? The fast is not easy to do and must be followed to the letter. I would personally not attempt it either without first getting a green-light from my GP and having weekly checkups along the way, as I can't imagine anyone in a seriously weakened condition trying to follow this. I was lucky and managed to find an enlightened German GP who was willing to chart my progress (including blood tests), on a weekly basis whilst I was following the fast. At the end of the 42 days, the tumor had gone and I felt fantastic. The GP was able to confirm that my blood results were excellent. He then followed the fast himself to gain personal experience. Would I do it again in similar circumstances? Most definitely.

Minichamps 1/18 Morris Minor Saloon ready made diecast car (Maroon)
Minichamps 1/18 Morris Minor Saloon ready made diecast car (Maroon)

5.0 out of 5 stars Morris Minor car, 19 Jun 2010
Excellent sturdy model, very well manufactured. Bonnet, boot and doors can be opened. Good detail everywhere. I have bought two of these so far as presents for Morris Minor fans and they were very well received.