Profile for Incey > Reviews

Content by Incey

Incey

His Cure For Magic (Tears of Blood, Book Two)
His Cure For Magic (Tears of Blood, Book Two)
Price: 3.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly good, 22 July 2014
Looking forward to the next one! Picked the first one up as a freebie, glad I did coz it's a better series than many I've read who have a publisher. Love the mailing list idea as it doesn't rely on me remembering what's due when :)

Hard Luck Hank: Basketful of Crap
Hard Luck Hank: Basketful of Crap
Price: 3.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Stainless Steel Rat Plus, 20 July 2014
Used to read Stainless Steel Rat and this reminds me of those books but funnier, I look forward to reading more.

Blood Bound: Mercy Thompson, book 2
Blood Bound: Mercy Thompson, book 2
by Patricia Briggs
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 7.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuffin brilliant!, 15 Sep 2012
Unlike many second books in a series, this one maintains the quality and pace introduced in the first. I was glued from start to finish, engaging characters (not all of them likeable), fast moving plot and brilliant denouement, Patricia has a lot to answer for, as no work is getting done when I'm stuck in one of these! More action than gore focused, but not without a good dose of the latter, I can't wait to move onto the next. Quite glad I came to the series late, it means there are 6 books available, wooohooo :D

Moon Called: Mercy Thompson, book 1
Moon Called: Mercy Thompson, book 1
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloomin ace!, 13 Sep 2012
Stumbled across this absolute belter after looking for a completely different author and thought, why not, I'll give it a go. So glad that I did as it kept me glued through it's entirety, with people being waved away as they tried to interrupt and get me to do some work! The world building is highly believable and once drawn in, the characters fill it with tense and again, believable scenarios and action. A smattering of romance, and not with some soppy, whiny, main character like Bella from Twilight, Mercy is a strong antagonist who's back story is skilfully revealed in a way that is relevant to the plot. Getting stuck into book two as soon as I finish typing, would definitely recommend to those with a fancy for the dark side :)

Postmortem (Dr. Kay Scarpetta Book 1)
Postmortem (Dr. Kay Scarpetta Book 1)
Price: 3.85

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't I just read this under another title?, 12 Sep 2012
Read this straight on the back of 'Cruel and Unusual'. This one takes place earlier in the career of Kay Scarpetta and yet follows a very similar format, down to her relationship with her niece and the council conspiracy. Again the ending is poor without any retribution for some of the worst offenders in here. Last one I'll read which is upsetting because there is so much that could have been done with some of the ideas in here.

Cruel and Unusual
Cruel and Unusual
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book, poor ending..., 12 Sep 2012
This review is from: Cruel and Unusual (Kindle Edition)
It took me awhile to get into this one but once there I really enjoyed the plot. There were some brilliant although convoluted twists and turns but what killed it was the wrapping up. A major city wide conspiracy that just fizzles out. Disappointed.

Maximum Bob
Maximum Bob
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars First and last, 4 Jun 2012
This review is from: Maximum Bob (Kindle Edition)
This book was all over the place. Initially it seemed to be about a relationship between two main characters, but then one of these was sidelined, only reappearing at odd times and then disappearing completely by the end. He seems to have simply been an instrument of introduction to other members of his family, a plot device that failed miserably. Characters were crassly written, and ridiculous scenarios such as the romantic subplot that provides the motivation for the denoument, ensure this is not an author I will read again. I could write a lot more, but I shall just conclude by saying, don't bother wasting your time.