Profile for J. P. Ellison > Reviews

Content by J. P. Ellison

J. P. Ellison "jpellison" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Ultrasport Men's Kugar Performance T-Shirt - Green, Large
Ultrasport Men's Kugar Performance T-Shirt - Green, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFORMANCE, 3 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fits nicely, looks smart, breathable and well made. I can't say it's help me shave any seconds from my 10k time, but it's a good durable shirt that it's great

Me to You Tiny Tatty Teddy Gift Set for a Baby Girl
Me to You Tiny Tatty Teddy Gift Set for a Baby Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, quite pricey, 2 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really good quality, soft teddy bears - the big one is also a blanket, it's great.

Lovely little book for recording all your babys "firsts" - gives some good ideas on what to put in there, things you might miss. Photo album too, but not as impressive.

Really good quality gift set, but quite pricey too.

I have absolutely no idea what makes this "for a baby girl", seems pretty gender neutral to me.

Linksys SE4008 WRT Family 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Linksys SE4008 WRT Family 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough, few issues, 10 Nov 2014
On the plus side:

- It works.
- Lovely interface
- Looks nice
- Fairly straight forward set up, really.
- Quick enough, powerful enough.

On the un-plus side:

- No VPN!
- Not really 'open' at all
- Stupid setup wizard (Didn't let me do things the way I wanted and I had to go into the settings and tweak things the difficult way)
- Expensive for what it is, really.

Hopefully some of these issues will be fixed with a firmware update or two.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2014 12:12 PM GMT

The Original Spirograph New Generation Spirograph Studio Set
The Original Spirograph New Generation Spirograph Studio Set
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Spirographin', 10 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is a lot of spiro-stuff in this box. I'm currently the proud owner of a spiro-bag, in which I keep my big spiro-markers (Stupid really, pens are better), my spiro-3D-glasses (another pointless addition), and more importantly my spiro-spiros (I just lumped everything else into the spiro-spiro category to be honest). There are plenty of wheels and figure-8s and other bits of plastic designed to help you produce amazing spirals.

Like others have said, the build quality isn't as great as it used to be, but don't let that put you off. You can still spend hours making pointless shapes - the fact that you're 38 years old is utterly irrelevant.

Airfix 1:48 Scale Supermarine Spitfire MkVb Messerschmitt Bf109E Dogfight Doubles Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I bought this thinking it would be a perfect gift for one of my nephews, but ultimately decided it was better that I assemble it because I was bored. I finished and painted it on a rainy Sunday, and did a much better job than a stupid 9 year old would.

It was a brilliant bit of nostalgia and a fantastic set of instructions - nice and easy to follow. Plus you can have fights with the planes when you're finished.

Bright Starts Sensory Safari Activity Gym
Bright Starts Sensory Safari Activity Gym

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sensory gym., 10 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After a few weeks on this gym, my son is now an absolute beast. He starts with a few reps on the elephant rattle, works on the alligator chime for 10-15 minutes, attempts to do a sit up for another five, and then finishes with a high-intensity workout on the plush giraffe with the elastic neck. All this combined with a protein-rich diet of cow & gate pea purée and the odd rusk has really helped young Toby look like a small version of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, his favourite WWE superstar.

In all seriousness, this is a great item. Easy to fold away and carry about, and does the job well. My son unfortunately can't articulate the highlights and shortcomings though, due to him only being about a year old, the idiot.

Veet Infini'Silk Pro IPL Hair Removal System with Precision Facial Attachment
Veet Infini'Silk Pro IPL Hair Removal System with Precision Facial Attachment

4.0 out of 5 stars IPL Hair Removal, 20 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product has been used by a girl that I have to live with, and so I am reviewing by proxy.

Here are some complaints

* It only works if you're pale.
* It hurts. Okay, it's not that bad.
* The instructions are boring.
* I can't be bothered.

All that said, it does seem to be a good product. The instructions are very clear, and I have been having a go on my armpits and it seems to be working so far. I don't really fancy tackling the rest of my body as I am ridiculously hairy, and I'm too frightened to do it on my face for now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2014 2:16 PM GMT

Ultrasport Women's Ski Gloves - Black, Small
Ultrasport Women's Ski Gloves - Black, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic pair, 3 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Strong, flexible and definitely waterproof - kept the snow out well, and look like they'll last a while.

HyperX Savage 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM XMP Memory Module
HyperX Savage 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM XMP Memory Module

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 3 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Slotted easily into my existing rig and worked first time. Immediately recognised, and looks pretty good too (Until I close my case up and I can no longer see it!)

Not much else to say about it really - it's RAM. It does what it's supposed to. I would suggest this product is aimed at those of us with transparent cases and an affinity for the colour red, though!

Fellowes AutoMax 500C autofeed paper shredder with SureFeed Technology
Fellowes AutoMax 500C autofeed paper shredder with SureFeed Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Large, safe, and high quality shredder., 15 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a shredder meant for an office, and is far too big and bulky for home use (Unless you have a rather big and bulky house, I suppose). It feels and looks like a very professional bit of kit, and has yet to cause any issues with the relatively light usage I've given it so far.

It's not a hand-fed shredder, you just drop your sheets into a draw and let it spit out some hamster bedding. No jams yet, but I can imagine it could happen with a thick enough piece of cardboard - I'm not going to try, though. It shreds A4 sheets, but will take a CD or a scrunched up sheet A3 sheet quite easily.

Surprisingly quiet, very quick, and very heavy. Put it somewhere where it won't need moving frequently!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16