Profile for J. P. Ellison > Reviews

Content by J. P. Ellison

J. P. Ellison "jpellison" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Veet Infini'Silk Pro IPL Hair Removal System with Precision Facial Attachment
Veet Infini'Silk Pro IPL Hair Removal System with Precision Facial Attachment

4.0 out of 5 stars IPL Hair Removal, 20 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product has been used by a girl that I have to live with, and so I am reviewing by proxy.

Here are some complaints

* It only works if you're pale.
* It hurts. Okay, it's not that bad.
* The instructions are boring.
* I can't be bothered.

All that said, it does seem to be a good product. The instructions are very clear, and I have been having a go on my armpits and it seems to be working so far. I don't really fancy tackling the rest of my body as I am ridiculously hairy, and I'm too frightened to do it on my face for now.

Ultrasport Women's Ski Gloves - Black, Small
Ultrasport Women's Ski Gloves - Black, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic pair, 3 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Strong, flexible and definitely waterproof - kept the snow out well, and look like they'll last a while.

HyperX Savage 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM XMP Memory Module
HyperX Savage 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM XMP Memory Module

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 3 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Slotted easily into my existing rig and worked first time. Immediately recognised, and looks pretty good too (Until I close my case up and I can no longer see it!)

Not much else to say about it really - it's RAM. It does what it's supposed to. I would suggest this product is aimed at those of us with transparent cases and an affinity for the colour red, though!

Fellowes AutoMax 500C autofeed paper shredder with SureFeed Technology
Fellowes AutoMax 500C autofeed paper shredder with SureFeed Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Large, safe, and high quality shredder., 15 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a shredder meant for an office, and is far too big and bulky for home use (Unless you have a rather big and bulky house, I suppose). It feels and looks like a very professional bit of kit, and has yet to cause any issues with the relatively light usage I've given it so far.

It's not a hand-fed shredder, you just drop your sheets into a draw and let it spit out some hamster bedding. No jams yet, but I can imagine it could happen with a thick enough piece of cardboard - I'm not going to try, though. It shreds A4 sheets, but will take a CD or a scrunched up sheet A3 sheet quite easily.

Surprisingly quiet, very quick, and very heavy. Put it somewhere where it won't need moving frequently!

Oral-B Trizone 6000 Smart Series With Bluetooth Technology Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush, but way too much tech, 15 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a big fan of electric toothbrushes, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

My last one had four different cleaning modes, and this one has six. I only use the first one for both, which is the standard clean. The brush buzzes, your teeth get scrubbed clean by it. I think that's enough!

This toothbrush also comes with a little indicator to tell you exactly how to go about your brushing business. Now, I tried to stick with it, but I'm a little impatient and I don't think you need to brush your teeth for a solid two minutes whilst being dictated at by a tiny little screen. I'm probably wrong. I can see how this would be useful if you're training a child to brush, and making sure they actually do it properly though.

This brush also comes with an app that will record your brushing statistics. I'm sure some people will really enjoy the sheer geekiness of this, but in my view it's completely unnecessary.

It's a great brush, but not worth it unless you think you're going to use all of the extra gadgets. The only benefit this brush has over a cheaper alternative (in my view) is that it tells you when you're brushing too hard - which I imagine we all do at some point.

Busy B 2015 Busy Life Diary with Storage Pockets, Flowers Design
Busy B 2015 Busy Life Diary with Storage Pockets, Flowers Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Girly Diary, 15 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I always buy my mum a diary for christmas every year, and this one is the best I've seen in a while.

Easy on the eye, well-designed with enough space to organise your life and maybe write down your thoughts, and plenty of other useful sections. Solid, sturdy material, I'm sure it will go down well.

It comes with pockets where you can put all your appointment cards / invitations / royal mail redelivery slips.

Mark Thomas - Serious Organised Criminal [DVD]
Mark Thomas - Serious Organised Criminal [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a watch, 15 Sep 2014
I'm not sure if I really like Mark Thomas. I usually enjoy his stand-up, the man can certainly tell a story and I agree with a lot of his views - but I do get annoyed by how much a bell end he can be at times in the way that he goes about things. I suppose it only serves to highlight the ridiculous measures that both sides of the political spectrum will go to just to prove a point.

This isn't his best show, but it's still very good. Plenty of decent extras on the DVD too, and altogether a good package even if he does "make a face" on the menu screens.

Revell Mini Quadcopter Nano Quad Pro with Looping Function
Revell Mini Quadcopter Nano Quad Pro with Looping Function

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little toy, 15 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really fun little toy, but is definitely not "beginner-friendly". Well, okay, it's pretty easy to set up and get going, but actually flying the thing is a job for a better man than me!

You need a good amount of space to have a crack at flying it with any sort of competence. The thing is absolutely tiny though, so you can't take it outside if there's any sort of wind.

It's still a really well built bit of kit, the battery lasts a fair while and I am starting to get the hang of it. The blades do come off occasionally, but it's a good idea that they do or else the device would probably break. As it is, it's sturdy and has taken quite a bruising so far. There are some replacement blades in case you lose the initial ones, but I've been okay so far.

Philips YS527/17 Click and Style 2-in-1 Shave and Stubble
Philips YS527/17 Click and Style 2-in-1 Shave and Stubble

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid shaver., 4 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I shave mostly in the shower, and like to keep a little bit of stubble and this shaver has been excellent for just that so far. I can't comment on the array of features that mid-to-high-end shavers like this seem to offer, as I never seem to bother with them! It shaves stubble fine, although isn't as comfortable as a clean shave. However, I've never found an electric razor that is, and suspect I never will.

Charges quickly, holds its charge, waterproof and will do for most shaving task. I recommend this shaver.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, great value Iron, 4 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Works very well. Not had any sticking with the plate, nice, smooth action, Can't fault it. It's worth paying a little extra for an iron, but I think with anything higher-end than then you're suspect to the law of diminishing returns.

The box is a really good idea too. Can just put it straight away, no worries.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16