Profile for J. P. Ellison > Reviews

Content by J. P. Ellison

J. P. Ellison "jpellison" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17

5.0 out of 5 stars The latest in trendy footwear, 7 Nov. 2013
As a 28-year old software engineer, I am clearly someone on the bleeding edge of fashion.

When it comes to my canvas shoes, I often play it safe and settle on some Converse All-Stars. Sure, I had a pair of Dunlop green-flash back when they were in vogue, and the odd pair of Vans, but they don't have the same lasting appeal as a pair of Chuck Taylors.

That said, Converse are getting BORING.

I noticed some of the younger, trendier members of my office of software engineers have been wearing Fred Perry canvas shoes on casual Fridays, and after I attended "Peacock & Gamble: Heart-throbs" and trend-setting comedian Ed Gamble was also rocking a pair, I thought "These are the shoes for me".

Anyway, they fit nicely, look the part and I'm sure the girls will be falling at my feet next time I swagger on down the town. Full marks.

5.0 out of 5 stars The latest in trendy footwear, 7 Nov. 2013

When it comes to my canvas shoes, I often play it safe and settle on some Converse All-Stars. Sure, I had a pair of Dunlop green-flash back when they were in vogue, but they don't have the same lasting appeal as a pair of Chuck Taylors. BUT THAT'S BORING.

5.0 out of 5 stars The latest in trendy footwear, 7 Nov. 2013
As a 28-year old software engineer, I am clearly someone at the bleeding edge of fashion.

Emjoi MICRO Pedi Man
Emjoi MICRO Pedi Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic De-Hoofer, 7 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this item for me dear old mother. While she is a dainty, well to do lady with a lovely smile and excellent posture, she does have a rather rugged pair of trotters. For those of you that are worried about the femininity of this product, rest assured that the only allusion to it being "male only" is the name, "Pedi Man". Nothing else on the box suggests a woman can't give it a go.

Anyway, she's happy! She sits and buffs and her feet come out of it callous free, with not a wince ever crossing her face. I haven't asked what she does with the foot-shavings.

Excellent product, thoroughly recommended for anyone with leather feet.

Philips AquaTouch AT899/16 Wet and Dry Shaver Black
Philips AquaTouch AT899/16 Wet and Dry Shaver Black

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, but it hurts my delicate skin!, 6 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a hairy man with rugged hair all over my face, and I normally wet shave with a mach 3 or something along those lines. But I thought I'd give an electric a go, and this one is cheap(ish) and cheerful!

It works, too. It gets the hair off. But it hurts! Nips the skin, that kind of thing.

On the plus side, it charges fast, cleans easy and I can take it in the shower with me to alleviate some of the pain. To be honest though, I think these triple-headed affairs aren't really for me.

If you're a dry shaver, and like things electric, I would certainly recommend it, but I'm sticking to actual razor blades.

Philips Shaver Series 7000, Wet and Dry Shaver with Clean and Charge System RQ1197/22
Offered by liGo

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shaver, but not worth the money, 6 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not usually a fan of electric shavers, but this one has proven very good so far. I'm a hairy man, with tough facial skin, but it's not quite as good as a clean shave, but at least it doesn't particularly hurt like many of these other shavers do!

It's quick to charge, lasts for longer than I would expect, and seems to clean well when in the charging stand (although I've never really had a problem cleaning shavers to be honest). Pretty good bit of kit really!

HOWEVER.

It's pricey. It's going to be expensive for a new head. That alone is enough for you to think twice.

But all in all, great razor, and I recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17