Profile for J. P. Ellison > Reviews

Content by J. P. Ellison

J. P. Ellison "jpellison" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Arrow T50X TacMate Heavy Duty Stapler
Arrow T50X TacMate Heavy Duty Stapler

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stapler, 16 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
"Great for women and Do-it-yourselfers!" - This description is either incredibly sexist, or it advocates the stapling of women.

Either way, I can't fault this product. It will staple a big wad of paper, is easy enough to use, and not too fiddly to refill. Plus, it's pricey enough that nobody's going to get away with nicking it.

Ultrasport Boxing Gear-Series MMA Grappling Gloves with protection for the knuckles and the back of the hand - ergonomic fist position

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdier than they look, 16 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Solid pair of gloves, good for a few punches. The pictures make them look a little on the flimsy side, but they actually seem like a quality product so far.

I will only be using them for training however, as I am a fragile man who can't take any actual grappling.They will only ever feel the end of a bag of sand.

NOCO Genius Smart G3500UKCar  Battery Charger
NOCO Genius Smart G3500UKCar Battery Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for small cars, 8 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a lovely little VW Polo that takes a 12V battery, and this bit of kit is going to come in useful. It's clever enough not to ruin your battery, and will come in very handy in those cold winter months.

Very thorough, slightly confusing manual (which is actually slightly ignorable), several modes of use, and you can leave it in the bonnet while it's charging!

NOCO G7200UK Genius Smart Battery Charger
NOCO G7200UK Genius Smart Battery Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars This battery has the keys to my motor, 8 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great charger. Very fast, works with most car batteries and has multiple connections - UK plug too, so don't worry. Will do what you want it to, I promise.

Absolutely essential if you've got an old car sat in the drive that you only take for a spin once in a while.

Revellutions 1:14 scale RC Dust Rider Buggy
Revellutions 1:14 scale RC Dust Rider Buggy

5.0 out of 5 stars My li'l buggy, 8 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This car is my new friend. It looks lovely, goes quickly and hasn't broken yet. The remote is massive and takes about a thousand batteries (Actually 6), which means I've definitely got my money's worth. It's pretty quick - too quick, really. You might want to take it outside, but there's not much dust on the streets of Yorkshire. Far more in my house, which is utterly caked in it due to my questionable cleaning habits.

I can't comment on the scale, as I have never actually seen a full-size remote control Dust Rider buggy, but it looks the part, drives the part and is maybe the part.

Great for frightening animals and small children.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PC DVD)
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars One big episode of South Park, 8 Mar. 2014
As a South Park fan, this game is exactly what I've been waiting for. It looks and feels EXACTLY like the show, and Parker & Stone have been heavily involved from the get-go, so the writing and voice-acting is very much up to scratch.

You start off by designing your own character, the "new kid", and learning how to battle in typical South Park fashion, with Cartman as your guide. The battle system is straight forward - the game is very much a turn-based RPG, and reminded me of Paper Mario or Costume Quest. It's simple enough, but there's plenty of items to collect, loads of sides-quests and an incredibly detailed town to explore.

If you don't like South Park, you should probably stay away. But if you're a fan, I would urge you to pick this game up, even if you're not normally one for turn-base RPGs.

The Food Book Mini (Lonely Planet Foot & Drink)
The Food Book Mini (Lonely Planet Foot & Drink)
by Lonely Planet

4.0 out of 5 stars Big fat little book of food, 7 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions, this book is basically a cube. Small, but pretty fat at almost 1000 pages!

It's effectively a bunch of LonelyPlanet food articles, lovingly pieced together to produce a collection of fluff.

It's definitely one of those books that you buy as a gift. I'm not sure who exactly would pick it up off their own bat - it's a coffee table book, really. I got it for my brother, who is always looking for interesting ideas for what to cook next, and I hope he's been suitably inspired the next time I'm sat at his dinner table!

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Grand Master Wizard Edition (Xbox 360)
South Park: The Stick of Truth - Grand Master Wizard Edition (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars One big episode of South Park, 7 Mar. 2014

The game is incredibly funny, too. South Park has never been just toilet humour. The gross-out, over the top, "shocking" stuff is there, but that's not what makes South Park great. Stick of Truth is overloaded with parody, and I particularly enjoyed the tongue-in-cheek digs at various video-game tropes. In the console version there are certain elements that are censored, but I feel like I might have enjoyed the tongue-in-cheek "censored" screens more than the over-the-top stuff, and certainly don't feel I missed anything important.

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Grand Master Wizard Edition (PS3)
South Park: The Stick of Truth - Grand Master Wizard Edition (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars One big episode of South Park, 7 Mar. 2014

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)
Offered by Turbotrance