Profile for J. P. Ellison > Reviews

Content by J. P. Ellison

J. P. Ellison "jpellison" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor
Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor

4.0 out of 5 stars Shaving for hipsters, 18 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first time I've made the switch from shaving with Gillette-Mach-Thingy to a double-edge safety-razor, and so far I appreciate the difference. Shaving takes a little longer, but is far less irritating. I can happily hack at my face-hairs every single day without a hint of razor-burn.

The actual razor is a lot smaller than I imagined, but it looks very smart and is fairly easy to use. The only complaint I have is that the handle is a little slippy, which is a problem for me as I like to shave in the shower.

To accompany this razor I opted for some astra superior platinum double-edge blades, and some arko shaving cream. Both are completely suitable. This works out far cheaper than taking a pack of 10 quintuple-blade refills to the spotty-faced teenager at the Morrison's till. You can even afford to use a new razor blade for every shave, although that's not necessary.

Tacwise A14014V 140-Staples Air Stapler Tacker
Tacwise A14014V 140-Staples Air Stapler Tacker

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit., 18 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Incredibly easy to use, doesn't weigh too much and comes with plenty of staples. Great for a bit of DIY.

Just don't let the kids play with it.

Targus Evervu Ipad Mini Case Cover With Stand - Fits Ipad Mini & Ipad Mini With Retina Display Case - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case, 18 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Snug, sleek, and bright red. This is all I'm looking for in a case! Feels secure, comfortable, easy to open. Does the job!

PanzerGlass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S/5C
PanzerGlass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S/5C

5.0 out of 5 stars Panzer Glass, 16 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Named for the tank, and looks like it's more than up to the job of keeping my screen from cracking.

I'm a clumsy, oaf of a man who has managed to smash screens in the past, and it's normally a £50-100 job to fix them. My iPhone 5C is dearer to me than my own mother, so it's worth investing in the protection it deserves.

I have not yet tested this screen protector, as I am not without my senses. But I reckon it's up to snuff.

Pampers S4 Giga BD - Pack of 120
Pampers S4 Giga BD - Pack of 120
Offered by E.U. Xtores

5.0 out of 5 stars First class baby underwear., 16 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
None of that nappy rash nonsense, incredibly absorbent, and our Zack looks like a proper little smasher when he's strutting round the front room with his "Pampers" on. None of that ASDA-own brand for us anymore!

Great product, great price from Amazon too!

Arrow T50X TacMate Heavy Duty Stapler
Arrow T50X TacMate Heavy Duty Stapler

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stapler, 16 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
"Great for women and Do-it-yourselfers!" - This description is either incredibly sexist, or it advocates the stapling of women.

Either way, I can't fault this product. It will staple a big wad of paper, is easy enough to use, and not too fiddly to refill. Plus, it's pricey enough that nobody's going to get away with nicking it.

Ultrasport Boxing Gear-Series MMA Grappling Gloves with protection for the knuckles and the back of the hand - ergonomic fist position

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdier than they look, 16 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Solid pair of gloves, good for a few punches. The pictures make them look a little on the flimsy side, but they actually seem like a quality product so far.

I will only be using them for training however, as I am a fragile man who can't take any actual grappling.They will only ever feel the end of a bag of sand.

NOCO Genius Smart G3500UKCar  Battery Charger
NOCO Genius Smart G3500UKCar Battery Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for small cars, 8 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a lovely little VW Polo that takes a 12V battery, and this bit of kit is going to come in useful. It's clever enough not to ruin your battery, and will come in very handy in those cold winter months.

Very thorough, slightly confusing manual (which is actually slightly ignorable), several modes of use, and you can leave it in the bonnet while it's charging!

NOCO G7200UK Genius Smart Battery Charger
NOCO G7200UK Genius Smart Battery Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars This battery has the keys to my motor, 8 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great charger. Very fast, works with most car batteries and has multiple connections - UK plug too, so don't worry. Will do what you want it to, I promise.

Absolutely essential if you've got an old car sat in the drive that you only take for a spin once in a while.

Revellutions 1:14 scale RC Dust Rider Buggy
Revellutions 1:14 scale RC Dust Rider Buggy

5.0 out of 5 stars My li'l buggy, 8 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This car is my new friend. It looks lovely, goes quickly and hasn't broken yet. The remote is massive and takes about a thousand batteries (Actually 6), which means I've definitely got my money's worth. It's pretty quick - too quick, really. You might want to take it outside, but there's not much dust on the streets of Yorkshire. Far more in my house, which is utterly caked in it due to my questionable cleaning habits.

I can't comment on the scale, as I have never actually seen a full-size remote control Dust Rider buggy, but it looks the part, drives the part and is maybe the part.

Great for frightening animals and small children.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16