Profile for J. P. Ellison > Reviews

Content by J. P. Ellison

J. P. Ellison "jpellison" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Philips YS527/17 Click and Style 2-in-1 Shave and Stubble
Philips YS527/17 Click and Style 2-in-1 Shave and Stubble
Price: 67.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid shaver., 4 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I shave mostly in the shower, and like to keep a little bit of stubble and this shaver has been excellent for just that so far. I can't comment on the array of features that mid-to-high-end shavers like this seem to offer, as I never seem to bother with them! It shaves stubble fine, although isn't as comfortable as a clean shave. However, I've never found an electric razor that is, and suspect I never will.

Charges quickly, holds its charge, waterproof and will do for most shaving task. I recommend this shaver.

Philips GC2045/26 Easyspeed Steam Iron with 120 g Steam Boost and Ceramic Soleplate, 270 ml, 2300 Watt, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, great value Iron, 4 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Works very well. Not had any sticking with the plate, nice, smooth action, Can't fault it. It's worth paying a little extra for an iron, but I think with anything higher-end than then you're suspect to the law of diminishing returns.

The box is a really good idea too. Can just put it straight away, no worries.

Medela Pre-Sterilised Pump & Save Breastmilk Bags
Medela Pre-Sterilised Pump & Save Breastmilk Bags
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable Bags, 4 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If, like my wife, you enjoy a drink, then it's often necessary to fill up a few days worth of breastmilk beforehand, so the baby isn't sucking down poison.

Anyway, these bags work absolutely fine. 150ml a time, no splits so far, they freeze well and have done exactly what we have asked of them. You're paying for reliability, and that's what you get.

Philips Sonicare HX3130/02 Pink Power Up Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX3130/02 Pink Power Up Rechargeable Toothbrush
Offered by Parisa Online
Price: 30.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough!, 4 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
PROS
- Small head makes it easier to brush tighter areas.
- Good charge, lasts well.
- Good value for money.
- Does the job!

CONS
- Shaver socket necessary. Seems a bit daft. Maybe this suits you, though?
- Expensive heads. You can get cheaper, unofficial alternatives if you look around though.

WD 6TB My Book Duo External Storage
WD 6TB My Book Duo External Storage
Price: 316.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solution for back-ups, might not do everything you want it to though., 4 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
PROS
- Looks slick, is small, and quiet.
- Easy to setup
- Good, solid WD Red drives.
- Apps for the WD OS - I can torrent straight to the drive with Transmission & a DLNA client is available.

CONS
- You have to mess around with it to get the most out of it.
- Not as versatile as a micro-server. I was disappointed that I couldn't run Plex on the WD operating system.
- Gets a little bit hot!

Wahoo PROTKT Bike Mount for iPhone 5 and 5S - Black
Wahoo PROTKT Bike Mount for iPhone 5 and 5S - Black
Price: 34.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Wahoo PROTKT Bike Mount: A haiku, 18 July 2014
Plastic, but sturdy.
It looks relatively nice.
Does not come with mount.

Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor
Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor
Price: 23.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Shaving for hipsters, 18 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first time I've made the switch from shaving with Gillette-Mach-Thingy to a double-edge safety-razor, and so far I appreciate the difference. Shaving takes a little longer, but is far less irritating. I can happily hack at my face-hairs every single day without a hint of razor-burn.

The actual razor is a lot smaller than I imagined, but it looks very smart and is fairly easy to use. The only complaint I have is that the handle is a little slippy, which is a problem for me as I like to shave in the shower.

To accompany this razor I opted for some astra superior platinum double-edge blades, and some arko shaving cream. Both are completely suitable. This works out far cheaper than taking a pack of 10 quintuple-blade refills to the spotty-faced teenager at the Morrison's till. You can even afford to use a new razor blade for every shave, although that's not necessary.

Tacwise A14014V 140-Staples Air Stapler Tacker
Tacwise A14014V 140-Staples Air Stapler Tacker
Offered by Tool and Fix
Price: 65.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit., 18 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Incredibly easy to use, doesn't weigh too much and comes with plenty of staples. Great for a bit of DIY.

Just don't let the kids play with it.

Targus Evervu Ipad Mini Case Cover With Stand - Fits Ipad Mini & Ipad Mini With Retina Display Case - Red
Price: 24.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case, 18 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Snug, sleek, and bright red. This is all I'm looking for in a case! Feels secure, comfortable, easy to open. Does the job!

PanzerGlass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S/5C
PanzerGlass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S/5C
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Panzer Glass, 16 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Named for the tank, and looks like it's more than up to the job of keeping my screen from cracking.

I'm a clumsy, oaf of a man who has managed to smash screens in the past, and it's normally a 50-100 job to fix them. My iPhone 5C is dearer to me than my own mother, so it's worth investing in the protection it deserves.

I have not yet tested this screen protector, as I am not without my senses. But I reckon it's up to snuff.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15