Profile for Jo Clare > Reviews

Content by Jo Clare

Jo Clare "Jo" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tippitoes Spark Pushchair (Blue)
Tippitoes Spark Pushchair (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget stroller - max weight 20kg, 1 Sep 2014
A great budget pushchair. Got this to take over from our bulky expensive pushchair which no longer suits our needs (needed something reasonably lightweight but sturdy for a few trips a week and something that I didn't mind leaving unattended for a bit). It took me ages to decide on this one, as our daughter is tall (about 1 metre and over the 15kg max weight cited by most pushchairs). Unlike other pushchairs I have tried her in, this seat is wide enough, her feet fit okay on the foot rest strap and the seat is comfortable. There is enough head height and in any case the hood is removable. It is pretty easy to fold up, and it is easy to see that it is properly assembled for use. It isn't particularly compact (a tight fit in a Yaris boot), but you can't get everything at this price! It isn't as smooth a ride as our bulky pushchair, but that had bigger wheels - this one performs well enough and I am very appreciative of having it! The hood was a bit wonky from the get-go, but I think with any folding pushchair that might be an issue, but it works well enough. The raincover doesn't look particularly functional, as other reviewers have commented, as it doesn't cover the hood, but I already had an excellent raincover and that is what I am using. I am not using the recline feature but for my daughter, were we to use this, I don't think it would support her head. So long as it keeps working as it has been, I will remain happy with this. Nearly forgot! I wasn't keen to put my daughter is a pushchair which says the max weight is 15kg when she is already over this, however, brilliantly, the manufacturer's leaflet says the max weight is 20kg!

Annie Get Your Gun: Original Broadway Cast (1946) & Original Soundtrack (1950)
Annie Get Your Gun: Original Broadway Cast (1946) & Original Soundtrack (1950)

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite, 12 Aug 2014
There are two versions on the one CD the first (the broadway cast I think) is my favourite, the second one I am less keen on as as "Annie" sings in quite an aggressive and shouty way. That said, the songs are brilliant.

Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup
Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for coffee lovers, 12 Aug 2014
I have bought two of these as gifts and they have both been extremely well received by coffee loving relations (and well used!). Very good quality. Occasionally, you may need to replace the rubber valve.

4 x Household soap, 125g bars, Green
4 x Household soap, 125g bars, Green
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 12 Aug 2014
I had been using some lovely household soap from Wilkinsons, but sadly they have stopped selling it (I suspect it was the same stuff as the fairy soap which others have talked so highly about). I hoped that this soap might be a satisfactory replacement, but having used it for a week I am underwhelmed. It isn't very good at getting out stains, it doesn't lather up very well, and it doesn't have the nice smell you expect. It is possibly better than not having any household soap at all, but I would prefer to try another brand than to buy this again.

The Magic Balloon
The Magic Balloon
by Graham Oakley

2.0 out of 5 stars Terribly written, photoshop illustrations but my daughter likes it!, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Magic Balloon (Paperback)
A story which doesn't make a lot of sense, but still entertains our two year old. Some examples of the poor writing - it says "Many many years ago in the city of Montreal" - then later it talks about texts "so he sent his Dad a text" not so long ago then! The rhymes are poor and I dislike the sentence "He didn't want to be a failure" (very negative language for child, so we have changed that bit!). The illustrations are poor, just like someone has photo shopped them. That said, there is a bit of charm to it, perhaps because it is so bad?! We have a normal paperback edition - no LEDs on ours!

Jo-Jo and Her Flower Roadboat (MiniBug books)
Jo-Jo and Her Flower Roadboat (MiniBug books)
by Jessica Spanyol

4.0 out of 5 stars Nonsence for adults, great for children!, 1 July 2014
The drawings look like they have been done by a 7 year old with felt tip pens and the words aren't a world away from that, but it goes down a storm with our toddler daughter! I think we'll be getting some of the others in the series...

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice enough, 4 Jun 2014
Nice story about a mice braving dangers to get food during the cold winter and befriending the farm cat in the process. Think it is sloppy though that the picture of the cat does not match the text - it says the cat has black ears when he doesn't (he is a ginger cat)!

Invisibelt Skinny Noir
Invisibelt Skinny Noir
Offered by Pretty Pink Toes

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Invisibelt Skinny Noir (Apparel)
The idea behind this is good, but it doesn't quite work for me. I have only had mine 6 months (not wearing all the time) and one of the two clasps that holds it in place has broken (still usable with one, but if that goes it won't be). I'm going to be getting a regular belt to replace this. The slimness is good, but I don't like the material it is too slippery and if it rides up on to your skin it sticks to you which is not nice. It is also not the most convenient belt to adjust.

Sabichi Home Bistro Shopping Trolley
Sabichi Home Bistro Shopping Trolley
Offered by Posh Porschey

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with trolley, but would have liked better packaging, 1 Jun 2014
I have used my lovely new trolley three times, since I received it three days ago and so far I am very pleased with it. Providing it keeps up the good work (fingers crossed), it will be well worth the money. I have used it filled with supermarket shopping, market fruit and veg and household shopping (including 4 big cleaning spray bottles) with no problems. It is lightweight enough, but can manage the weight. There is a slim zipped pocket which is the length of the trolley bag which is useful, though I would prefer this if the stitching was reinforced at the bottom (though it is probably reliable enough as it is). As others have commented, and you can see from the picture, the opening is narrower than the rest of the trolley bag, but it is plenty big enough for me (fits 4 pack of kitchen roll etc. fine). I love the pattern. Yes it is a shopping trolley, but it is a pretty cool one and it definitely takes the strain out of shopping!
Only slight negatives, I think the product should have been better packaged. The plastic handle has a scrape/scratch, there was a mark on flap where the packaging was split (cleaned off okay though) and I have just found a dent on the trolley rest (can't think that I can have caused this myself, though I did not thoroughly inspect the frame when it arrived so I cannot be sure).

Up The Stairs to Bedfordshire
Up The Stairs to Bedfordshire
by Rita Storey

4.0 out of 5 stars Or the "Sleepy ones" as we call it!, 22 May 2014
A mixture of poems, stories (songs if you sing 'Twinkle twinkle' and 'Five in the bed'!) and things to do (make a mobile, how to make shadow animals on the wall with your hands etc.). We regularly read the whole book at bedtime, just omitting the two stories (can't comment on these as haven't read them yet). The book is a bit old fashioned, but I like that. A mixture of colour and black and white illustrations. Includes poems by both Rudyard Kipling and Robert Louis Stevenson.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4