Profile for Mark Allsworth > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Reflecta ProScan 7200 - Film/Slide Scanner
Reflecta ProScan 7200 - Film/Slide Scanner

4.0 out of 5 stars OSX Lion users beware!, 6 Jan 2012
This scanner is Lion compatible, however the scanners firmware needs to be updated to version 1.03 prior to connecting the scanner to your computer.

The Firmware update and Lion disc image are freely available on the, less than user friendly, Reflecta website.

The problem is that the firmware is updated via CyberViewX twain interface which you cannot install on your MAC until you have updated the firmware!!!
Trawling through the FAQ's and help on the Reflecta website was useless, they make no suggestion on exactly how you achieve this.

I finally managed it (to my shame) by having to use Windows! on an old laptop, that should have been retired years ago, I eventually managed to install the firmware update. After that all went well, software and hardware installed and working in Lion in no time.

I must say I'm very satisfied with the scanning results so far and over all I would recommend it.

Hopefully by the time you purchase yours the firmware\software will have been updated and these issues will have disappeared.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy DIY Fitting, 18 July 2010
Easy to fit with minimal cutting of original dashboard/radio internal fixings. The finished result is excellent and well worth the effort. What is missing from the item description is that this fits 2006 onwards; fortunately mine was fitted into a 2010 Bessacarr motorhome and looks just great.

Freecom  31268 ToughDrive Leather 320GB USB 2.0
Freecom 31268 ToughDrive Leather 320GB USB 2.0

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and functional, 18 April 2009
A very solidly built product, my main motivation for buying the more expensive Leather version as opposed to a standard Toughdrive was the drives secure hardware 256bit password protection (beware! the only way to access the drive if you forget your password is to format the drive) which works beautifully, I have partitioned the drive and formatted half in FAT32 and the other half in MAC OS extended (journaled) neither my PC or MAC have any problems with the password feature and I no longer have to worry about my sensitive data falling into the wrong hands. It was also significantly cheaper than the "Pro" version, which also has this feature and the addition of Firewire connectivity that I do not require.
Overall I am very happy with the Toughdrive and if it lasts as long as my previous Freecom purchases it'll be around for a long, long time.

Page: 1 | 2