Profile for Mark Allsworth > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
3M Headlight Restoration Kit to Restore Dull/ Faded/ Discoloured Headlights
3M Headlight Restoration Kit to Restore Dull/ Faded/ Discoloured Headlights

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like magic!, 22 Jun 2014
Once you get over the initial fear of attacking plastic headlights with 500 grit paper, it all goes well. Followed their video on youtube and it was as easy as pie. Allow a couple of hours to do the job including cleaning the car afterwards (first and second stages make quite a bit of dust) Ford quoted £300 to replace both headlights and re-align them, so this kit represents a considerable saving.
Well worth a try even if you mess it up (which is unlikely) you've only lost the cost of the kit.

Phottix Battery Grip BG-D800(M) Premium Series (Magnesium)
Phottix Battery Grip BG-D800(M) Premium Series (Magnesium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro quality at an affordable price, 1 Mar 2014
I normally only buy Nikon branded accessories, using the logic that you get what you pay for... However after buying a D800 recently I decided that, after using D2X & D3X's for a number of years, the body on the D800 didn't fit my hands correctly and looked into buying the Nikon MB-D12 to overcome this problem and also as a bonus, getting a second battery in to the bargain to double my shooting time.
Well, I'm not easily shocked... but the price of the Nikon MB-D12 is astronomical! At about twice the cost of their previous grips, this was certainly not going to be on my shopping list.
Following considerable internet research I decided that the Phottix Battery Grip was the one for me. I purchased mine from CameraKing via Amazon and it arrived in a few days very well packaged.
Following an inspection I must admit to being really impressed with the build quality of the Phottix, normally I would only expect these standards from OEM manufacturers.
Being the usual man, I glanced at the comprehensive instructions that came in the box but decided to ignore them as they recommend removing the camera battery and cover before fitting the grip, I assume that the camera then runs on the grip battery only. I wanted the extra amp hour provided by having two batteries fitted and left mine in place.
On fitting the grip, with no battery inserted, in to it the D800 immediately flashed a green LED and the menu options showed a MB-D12 had been recognised. After installing the second battery the option to choose which battery is used first was enabled and I selected the grip first then the camera. To my great delight the top screen on the D800 even shows "BP" (Battery Pack) next to the power meter, the D800 obviously thinks it's a genuine MB-D12 just as it should. All the command dials, shutter release/lock and multi selector on the grip work perfectly.
The finish of the magnesium and rubber grip seem to match the D800 perfectly. (See photo's)
I'm really pleased with the Phottix Battery Grip and would strongly recommend it as the perfect replacement for the over-priced Nikon MB-D12.
Comment Comment | Permalink

TyrePal 6-wheel tyre pressure monitoring sytem for caravans and motorhomes
TyrePal 6-wheel tyre pressure monitoring sytem for caravans and motorhomes

4.0 out of 5 stars What price safety!, 30 Sep 2013
I purchased this for my three axel motorhome as I wasn't convinced that I would notice a puncture or slow leak with so many wheels on the vehicle. I must say that the peace of mind this unit gives you makes it worth every penny!
The fitting of the pressure caps was relatively simple despite the tapered edge alloy wheels. The anti-theft collars proved to be a little fiddly with three tiny allen screws per collar but persistence prevailed.
One down point is that the contents of the box seems to have changed from the picture shown and the windscreen mount is no longer supplied, but has been replaced with a sticky silicon pad (designed for mobile phones I think) which worked temporarily until I reached the first corner and the unit then fell promptly to the floor! So I then purchased a vent mounting for a few pounds which fixed the problem perfectly.
Over all an excellent purchase but be prepared to buy a more suitable mounting for the display.

Proxima Direct® USB 2.0 External 2.5" SATA Hard Drive HDD SSD Cable Adapter 5+17 22Pin + Protective Case
Offered by Proxima Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 31 Aug 2013
Used this to transfer a cloned copy of my Macbook HDD instead of buying the SSD "kit" and saved £23 in the process ;-) It is the standard SATA connection, 7+15 pin not 5+17 pin as stated in the description. I now use the redundant HDD plus this cable to regularly make a bootable copy of the SSD just in case of any problems in future. It's not a high quality item, a bit cheap and flimsy feeling, but it does the job perfectly.

In-Car Charger for Apple MacBook 13-inch (Air, Pro, Unibody) - Lavolta® Travel 12V DC Adapter
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value & does the job, 5 May 2013
Fits and charges my 2009 Macbook Aluminium perfectly. However I'm not sure that the re-designing of the magnetic attachment to 90deg is an improvement! it just seems to provide extra leverage to pull itself off if you move your laptop about too much.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Little gem!, 28 Oct 2012
After wasting money on several "cheaper" USB hubs and ending up with slow speeds and dropped connections when I moved or connected another device to the hub, I eventually, after reading every review I could, decided to go up-market a little and purchased the Uspeed USB 3 Hub. All my connection issues have now disappeared. "buy cheap, buy twice" I think the adage goes? but it couldn't be more true when it comes to USB hubs. This one does the job very, very well and there's no buyers remorse here! One word of warning however this is a powered hub and will not work without a power supply, so not much use for a laptop if you're on the move.

Ex-Pro High Power Plus+ 1260mAh Lithium Ion Replacement Battery for Fuji HS30 EXR, HS30 EXR, HS33 EXR, HS33 EXR, X-Pro1, XPro1 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 21 Sep 2012
I purchased this as a spare battery for my X-Pro1, at a quarter of the price of an original Fujifilm battery I didn't set my hopes too high! However I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with this item. Following six weeks exhaustive use, including a photo extravaganza to Marrakech, I can say that in endurance, performance and looks it appears to be exactly the same as my fujifilm original (excluding the fujifilm logo) buy with confidence :-)

PowerGen Power-U Dual USB 2.4A 12W (fast) Heavy Duty Ouput Car Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5 iPhone 4 4s 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch and Android Devices (cable NOT included) - White
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the tin!, 5 Aug 2012
I've bought several supposed iPad2 12v chargers form Amazon, all of which have had to be consigned to the bin as they do not supply enough power to charge the iPad! (not worth the hassle of returning) This one however does the job perfectly and even has power to spare to charge a second, less power hungry, device. ***** Highly recommended.

Am-Tech 2 1/2-inch Mini Suction Cup
Am-Tech 2 1/2-inch Mini Suction Cup

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but adequate, 3 Aug 2012
I purchased these to remove the screen covers on the 27" iMac, they do the job perfectly. However as dent pullers they may be a little on the small side.

Kit Gun Style In-Car Charger Power Cord Cigarette Lighter Adapter for 30-Pin iPad 2/3 - Black
Offered by Modern-Tech

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for iPad2, 22 July 2012
Stated spec's on unit = INPUT: DC 12-24v, OUTPUT: DC5V +/- 5%, MAX: 1000mA? Don't know where they're getting 2A output from but it will not charge the iPad2. Beware the old adage; buy cheap, buy twice!

Page: 1 | 2