Profile for Bibliophile > Reviews

Bibliophile "EMW" (Northants)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Civil War: Music from the film soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK]
The Civil War: Music from the film soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK]

5.0 out of 5 stars I actually bought this for the Ashokan Farewell track to ..., 22 Oct. 2014
I actually bought this for the Ashokan Farewell track to play at my mother's funeral service, but have listened to the whole album many times since. What can one say that has not already been said in praise of the series as well as the soundtrack itself? Jacob's Ladder i simply sublime, and the soldier's letter at the end a most moving piece that is universally relevant to any war.

Tarot Illuminati Boxed Set: 78 Full Colour Cards and 160pp Book
Tarot Illuminati Boxed Set: 78 Full Colour Cards and 160pp Book
by Kim Huggens

5.0 out of 5 stars Little works of art., 16 July 2014
Utterly beautiful. I wouldn't start with these - nor would the book help a lot - if I were a beginner. However, they are a delight to behold and useful for one-card meditation if you know what I mean. The cards are a little thin and need to be separated before use; be gentle and they'll be fine.

Spot On Heeled Court with Button Bar Strap & Heel & Toe Contrast (Navy, Size 6 UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't you step on ..., 16 July 2014
Comfortable, easy to put on and fasten, smart. Also easy to walk in and much admired. Perfect match for my long, gored skirt. What more could I ask?

The Door With Seven Locks [DVD]
The Door With Seven Locks [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leslie Banks

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy., 16 July 2014
I bought this as I adore Leslie Banks. He did not let me down. PS I am but middle-aged, so not going back to lost youth!

Home At Seven [DVD]
Home At Seven [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ralph Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Those were the days..., 16 July 2014
This review is from: Home At Seven [DVD] (DVD)
Cheesy, predictable, old-fashioned "B" stuff - but wonderful! One of a set of releases just right for watching on a wet afternoon with a cuppa and knitting. Bring 'em on!

Duronic RCD111/BK Micro Hi-Fi Bluetooth Audio System with CD/MP3 CD/USB/FM Radio/SD/AUX - Black
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfect for the job., 16 July 2014
Just what I wanted - a little CD player for my bedside shelf so I can listen to classical music in the background while I puzzle over Times Crosswords or read before I lay me down to sleep. Sound quality is fine, and when my new neighbours eventually move in I can plug in my headphones. Thank you Duronic.

Tails of Yore Part 2 by Alan Dart mediaeval mice The Knights, Ladies, Villagers and The Jester Knitting Pattern: Measurement 6" 15cm (Simply Knitting Magazine Pull Out Pattern)

5.0 out of 5 stars Next on the list, 10 May 2014
Having recently completed the Dickensian mice I was delighted to discover these. I'm a big Alan Dart fan and particularly like the way the patterns lend themselves to adaptation in colours and "special effects" - a great way to use one's stash too.

King Cole Krystal Glitter Scarf Knitting Wool/Yarn Goldrush 600 - per 100g ball
King Cole Krystal Glitter Scarf Knitting Wool/Yarn Goldrush 600 - per 100g ball
Offered by Creative Craft Centre

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprise but fortuitous., 10 May 2014
I wasn't expecting this type of yarn and would find it far too complicated to use for a scarf, but it proved brilliant for creating a netting effect for various figures I've knitted such as Nativity Kings and their offerings. A real find for my stash.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have in a sturdy booklet., 10 May 2014
I have knitted all these characters recently while I've been "grounded" with a back problem, mostly from some frail pages from an old magazine, so I was delighted to find there was available this booklet. Instructions and illustrations are naturally superior to my tatty magazine pages. Not cheap but worth it.

The owl & the pussycat by Alan Dart Toy Knitting Pattern (Simply Knitting Magazine Pull Out Pattern) [Pamphlet] Alan Dart [Pamphlet] alan dart
by Alan dart
Edition: Pamphlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Still awaiting launch!, 10 May 2014
I'm a big Alan Dart fan and have a sitting room full of wool and patterns I'm working through. This is definitely on my list.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3