Profile for Humana Humana > Reviews

Content by Humana Humana

Humana Humana

Page: 1 | 2
SAMSUNG i9000 GALAXY S SILICONE SKIN CASE - BLACK, WITH SCREEN PROTECTOR PART OF THE MOBYSPARES ACCESSORIES RANGE

3.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 22 Jun. 2011
This is by no means the best screen protector on the market however it's pretty cheap. It has scratched reasonably quickly and isn't the greatest quality but it does the job; at least the screen isn't scratched.

Good Housekeeping Cookery Book: The Cook's Classic Companion (Good Housekeeping Institute)
by Good Housekeeping

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 22 Jun. 2011
If, like me, you would have needed to ask your mum how to cut an onion or pick a nice bit of meat through to doing a full on tasty dinner, this is the book for you.

It's interesting to know that the recipes are tested numerous times to ensure that the quoted quantities, times etc.. are accurate and will deliver consistant results.

I'm sure there are plenty of others aruond but I found this useful after a recommendation from a friend.

Hasbro Nerf Nstrike Raider Rapid Fire CS-35
Hasbro Nerf Nstrike Raider Rapid Fire CS-35

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Present for a grown man, 22 Jun. 2011
This was gratefully received by my best man on his birthday. He took great pleasure in pulverising the guests that can in through the door. Boys with toys hey?!

How educational it is is questionable (unless counting the number of victims qualifies).

I have no idea how durable it is as I don't own it however from the enjoyment factor I'd say it's reasonably priced.

HQ 1.7m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite
HQ 1.7m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic kite, 22 Jun. 2011
This is a great kite for a beginner or those who are more experienced. It's very compact, easy to setup and highly portable - you could slam it in a backpack and not know its there.

In high winds you get a good pull from it and is still controllable - watch your step though! Those less experienced will end up jumping around if you're not careful. For younger ones it's also a good fun (obviously under supervision).

All in all I think it's a bargain for the fun you get from it.

Jawbone ICON Bluetooth Headset - The Thinker (Black)
Jawbone ICON Bluetooth Headset - The Thinker (Black)
Offered by Handyparadise UK (Tax included)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great premium headset, 22 Jun. 2011
Yes it's expensive but it does have some great features.

The noise cancellation is great at times and its own worst enemy in other situations. Instead of turning the feature on and off, I just leave it on. Whilst in the car it's great however in quieter settings it's not so fab.

The battery life is good and top up charging is excellent. The full charge only takes a maximum of 45 mins but is normally quicker - especially on the mains.

One of the great ad-ons to this is the Jawbone.com/mytalk site. You can control and configure your device via their website. It's very cool and works first time (after I had sent a faulty headset back).

Jawbone support were excellent too - very courteous and professional with prompt replies.

Yes there stuff is a little pricey, it does look cool and probably isn't the best on the market however I'm pretty happy. Remember, Bluetooth isn't the best communication standard so you can only work with what you've got. By that I mean it also depends on the device you're trying to pair with and how well the bluetooth stack has been setup on that device.

Wahl Detailer
Wahl Detailer
Offered by Beautylook4u

4.0 out of 5 stars Good beard trimmer, 22 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Wahl Detailer
I bought this after searching high and low for a trimmer that would cut short enough to look like a shave without aggrovating my shaving rash (as per a normal shave). I was delighted to see that it cut shorter than my previous shavers and welcomed the build quality.

Obviously it's not so friendly in terms of it being cabled and not happy if exposed to water :-).

It will take a bit of getting used to having the cable in the way and very rarely knocking the off switch however the shave itself is very good.

PET DOG TIE OUT STAKE GROUND SPIKE LEAD ANCHOR NEW
PET DOG TIE OUT STAKE GROUND SPIKE LEAD ANCHOR NEW

4.0 out of 5 stars Guess what... it works, 22 Jun. 2011
Not much to say really - it's a giant cork screw that I ram into the ground to hold down a power kite (instead of buying a power kite branded one at twice the price).

'nough said!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good / Not Good - who knows?, 22 Jun. 2011
In my experience I found it easy to work with however if you were not able to complete the job in one go (I had to cover a 30m2 lounge diner - our only living space downstairs for a family of 4+). Based on my bracketed comment you can guess that I didn't get it done in one go. I had to do it in two sections moving the furniture from one half of the room to the other.

I only managed to do 3 coats on each side with a minimum of 5 hrs drying time with all the windows open. Apart from the fumes (which weren't potent in smell but nausiating) making us feel sick for a week it was a good viscosity making it easy to apply - it has the colour of a good pint of bitter when poured out. The waiting for 10 minutes per section to rub with a lint free cloth was a pain and after one use (as in one session on sealing) the cloths were dead and had to be replaced.

The final colour on the wood is fantastic and we're very happy - let's just put the other stuff down to me learing how to seal a floor... In terms of durability and wood protection I think my kids will test that to the max so we'll have to see.

atFoliX FX-Clear screen-protection film for Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) - Crystal-clear screen protection! Top quality

3.0 out of 5 stars Average especially for the price, 22 Jun. 2011
I have a Galaxy S2 and wanted to protect the lovely gorilla porlarised glass but found that it decreased the clarity too much. I guess this is just the problem with screen protectors overall and I wanted to enjoy the super amoled+ beauty for a few more days.

In terms of fitting the protector I found it pretty tricky to get it precisely right as I wanted it to be fitted evenly and didn't want to slightly cover the camera with an edge. I tried several dry runs before removing the film but it slightly moved as I was fitting it. This is because the film is quite slippery on the screen and as such it's near impossible to keep it perfectly still for fitting. I decided within a few minutes that I didn't like it becaues of the quality degradation of the screen as well as not having it fitted perfectly. I guess if you're as fussy as I am about the finish it's better to get someone to fit it who is well practised.

I personally didn't think it was great value for one protector (I had assumed 2) as it took about a week for delivery from Germany to then have it end up in the bin.

Oh well, we live and learn.

4 inch disco light - Silver - Novelty lighting
4 inch disco light - Silver - Novelty lighting
Offered by Ur Choice

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the kids, 22 Jun. 2011
I bought this for my niece (age 8) and she loved it! It does exactly what it says on the tin. A novelty toy (obviously not a proper disco light) but does give of a great effect even in dimmed lighting conditions.

Since then my daughter has been given one which she was most thrilled about.

The bulbs tend to go relatively easily but you can pick up spares from anywhere for a few pence. Be careful with the colour lenses as they can pop off quite easily. My niece has lost at least one since she's had it.

Page: 1 | 2