ARRAY(0xafbe34f8)

Britain's Cold War Bombers
by Tim McLelland
Price: 16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb aviation books, 12 Jan 2014
I bought 'Cold War Fighters' and 'Cold War Bombers' at the same time so this review covers both.

Basically, these are superb aviation books and each covers in detail the development of the bomber and fighter types from the second world war onward. Each is copiously illustrated and the books are divided into logical chapters each, in the main, covering each of the major types.

Well researched, Tim Mclellands style is easy to read and easy to follow.

If I was being particularly picky, I'd have wanted a little more on some of the prototypes during this era, but the prototypes for each of the main aircraft which entered service are covered.

Highly recommended.

Raising Steam: (Discworld novel 40) (Discworld Novels)
Raising Steam: (Discworld novel 40) (Discworld Novels)
Price: 8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Impossible not to put down, 7 Nov 2013
Ok, up front I have to state I have only got to page 30. But I have put this book down three times so far and each time felt, "it's Pratchett, I must try to read more". Only, it's not Prachett - or not as we knew him. The prose is jerky and does not flow, the characters not as we know them - vetinari's discussion with Margolotta is painful to read. Then we get introduced to a dwarf called Magnus magnusson. At that point I gave up (again). I'm glad this was the nine quid tesco copy, not full price!

I will keep trying, but I don't hold out much hope.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2013 9:50 AM GMT

British Steam - BR Standard Locomotives
British Steam - BR Standard Locomotives
by Keith Langston
Price: 16.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed, a missed opportunity., 28 Feb 2013
This could have been so much better, a good book is spoiled by poor writing and content choice, together with errors. Technical in depth information is largely ommitted and what there is has errors, for example crosti 9f's described as "twin boilered". There are odd points of conjecture by the author which are unanswered and unsubstantiated, too much space is wasted on individual explanations of the names of the Clan and Brittannia class and worst, one single colour photo is included three times-proof reading is dead, it seems.

In short, a nice collection of photos, but greatly lacking in real depth. Shame.

How I Run My Trading Strategy Whilst Working Full Time
How I Run My Trading Strategy Whilst Working Full Time
by Craig Flint
Price: 6.49

1.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all, 20 Jun 2012
This book is about managing your trading through mt4 platform and operating your connection through a VPN. If you want to learn how to make a strategy, what signals to look for and so on, then don't bother. The title is absolutely accurate, but there is nothing more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2012 9:17 AM BST