Profile for Mr. Nicholas Keeley > Reviews

Content by Mr. Nicholas K...

Mr. Nicholas Keeley "nic keeley" (UK)

100 Great Pasta Dishes
100 Great Pasta Dishes
by Ann Taruschio

5.0 out of 5 stars Wales meets Italy., 6 Nov. 2011
This review is from: 100 Great Pasta Dishes (Paperback)
A great inspiring book with some lovely recipes. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it provides recipes for making your own pasta, or you can short cut by using your own bought pasta if you want to cheat!(I did). The author has run a highly acclaimed restaurant in Wales and sometimes tweeks the Italian recipe with wonderful Welsh-sourced ingredients.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely classic story with a feel good factor, 6 Nov. 2011
I had this book as a child in the sixties. I have purchased it for my three year old. He loves the story about a little tug boat and I personally love the graphics as well which have a lovely period feel. Nothing like a bit of gentle concern and excitement to get a young child's attention. The story is long enough to need spreading over a couple of evenings, but it is well worth it. Same feel good and style as Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel!

RSPB My First Book of Garden Bugs
RSPB My First Book of Garden Bugs
by Mike Unwin

5.0 out of 5 stars clear, concise and good pictures, 13 May 2011
A nice little book for junior naturalists. Just enough information to get them interested and maybe wanting more as they grow older. Glad I bought it for my little boy.

EDU Science BL009 Two Way Bug Viewer
EDU Science BL009 Two Way Bug Viewer

4.0 out of 5 stars a great little creepy crawly viewer, 13 May 2011
The item is a great way to look at insects etc before investing in a microscope. Magnification pretty low...lenses are obviously plastic. The bonus of viewing the undersurface too is really clever. You need pretty good light levels around as there is obviously no inbuilt light source, but as an introductory way of looking at bugs, I am quite happy. Bought to get my son Harry (21/2)curious about insects, and am sure will be fun for a couple of years at least until he fancies higher magnification!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars a good combination, 13 May 2011
I am not an expert, having bought a good mountain bike for forest trails with the family. Having a little soreness in my thumb I find this gives a stable, comfortable variety of positions for my hands. Very good grip. bar ends and grip fitted independently so you can get the exact angle you like. Bar ends short compared to usual separates but I like them. I'm delighted with them.

RHS Garden Bugs Ultimate Sticker Book (Ultimate Stickers)
RHS Garden Bugs Ultimate Sticker Book (Ultimate Stickers)
by Ben Hoare

5.0 out of 5 stars life-like stickers, 13 May 2011
As you might expect from the RHS, very life like stickers which are good fun in conjunction with spotting the real thing. Scale is all over the place with little things magnified and bigger things shrunk, but heh! that's true of TV as well, so all in all a great little addition for the budding naturalist.

Franco and Friends: food from the Walnut Tree
Franco and Friends: food from the Walnut Tree
by Ann & Franco Taruschio

4.0 out of 5 stars Italy meets Wales in the kitchen, 29 Jan. 2011
This is a lovely book with some inspired recipes, although not all look easy to carry out. I have found it inspirational and has some lovely twists on traditional recipes. I am very glad I bought it and use it to remind me of Italy, whilst being an amateur cook living in Wales!