Profile for Mavis > Reviews

LEGO Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out [DVD]
LEGO Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out [DVD]
Dvd ~ Guy Vasilovich

5.0 out of 5 stars Not expensive, very funny, 6 Feb. 2014
This has something for kids and adults I think. It's very funny to watch and just long enough for the short attention spans of children.

LEGO Lord of the Rings (Wii)
LEGO Lord of the Rings (Wii)
Offered by games-n-console-land

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very clear, 6 Feb. 2014
This game is ok, although some of the levels are not very clear, or they're very dark and it's hard to see everything. Definitely not as good as the other lego games (the only one I haven't seen is Raiders of the Lost Ark).

Playmobil City Action 5182 Police Station
Playmobil City Action 5182 Police Station

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for imaginative play, 6 Feb. 2014
My son loves this toy, and it starts off all sorts of very imaginative games, the alarm is really good, and the police station has lots of nice little details, which just add to the play value. My only critisim is that the legs under the prison cell fall off quite easily, but this does mean it will come apart to pack away if needed.

The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC DVD)
The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC DVD)
Offered by GameExplorers

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be good if it worked properly, 6 Feb. 2014
I like this game, and would love to fully explore it, however I have found I can only play it using the worlds I already had before, it doesn't seem to work on the Island Paradise world, just keeps freezing, and I'm pretty sure it's not due to lack of memory or graphics capabilities. I don't seem to be the only one with this problem either, judging by the other comments on the help page I found.

Cars Character Car - The King (El Rey) (#47)
Cars Character Car - The King (El Rey) (#47)
Offered by Seaside Toys UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, 17 Jun. 2013
this car is well made and reasonably resistant to crashes, the paint holds up quite well, and surprisingly the spoiler has not got at all bent either, it looks so delicate!

Disney Cars Series 3 World Of Cars - Chick Hicks (Green)
Disney Cars Series 3 World Of Cars - Chick Hicks (Green)
Offered by rpg toys AIRMAIL from USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Crash tested, 17 Jun. 2013
I (my son) is really pleased with this car, as He seems to like the bad guys the best. The paint is quite thick, and standing up to endless crashes better than I expected, and the car itself is quite sturdy too.

The Sims 3 (Nintendo Wii)
The Sims 3 (Nintendo Wii)
Offered by APE-GAMES

4.0 out of 5 stars I got bored quicker than I thought, 17 Jun. 2013
I did mostly like this game, although I couldn't figure out how to achieve all the goals and got bored trying to figure it out. I also found that building houses wasn't as straightforward as previous Sims games I've played on the playstation, which put me off doing it, I also found some things confusing, like when you do shopping and put it away in the fridge It didn't seem clear how to move it. I do like the fact that when your Sim goes to work you can control their working day a little, and don't just have to wait for them, and I liked being able to walk all over the town freely.

The Complete Superman Collection:[4-Discs] [DVD]
The Complete Superman Collection:[4-Discs] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Christopher Reeve
Offered by WorldCinema

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but didn't play well, 17 Jun. 2013
I've only watched two of the DVDs so far, which are much as I expected, and my 5 year old loved them, as I did when I was younger. The only problem was that one part of the second film doesn't play well, it sort of sticks.

VTech Switch & Go Dinos: Mohawk the Stegosaurus
VTech Switch & Go Dinos: Mohawk the Stegosaurus

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 11 May 2013
This toy is really easy for little hands to transform from dinosaur to car, and it's strong enough not to get broken when they do.
I think it could say a few more phrases or have a better variety of eyes to choose from but my son was very happy with it, and hardly played with anything else for the first few days

ghd Gold V Max Styler
ghd Gold V Max Styler
Offered by Hair At Last

5.0 out of 5 stars Aaahhh that's better, 11 May 2013
Finally I can straighten my hair without sectioning it all off and taking about an hour, as my hair is quite thick. With the wide plates I can put much larger amounts of hair between the plates in one go, so less preparation time and a lot less straightening time. These straighteners heat up so quickly too, I just have time to brush my hair and tie up the top half and they're ready to go. My hair also seems less damaged after straightening than before, so I can use them more often, and take more pride in my appearance generally.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3