Profile for jamo > Reviews

jamo "malibu" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Farb, 12 Sep 2012
I haven't used it but it is about three inches high and looks like a travel/mini deodrant that you can get from chemists.There is no trigger guard so it would be interesting to see how many go off in handbags when enough force is applied.

The can feels secure and solid but I should have got another one as I think a training tester just so we know exactly how it works in an emergency.

I did a bit of research into legality and although it appears to be legal to be in pocession there are question marks over usage - spraying your Gran for not making dinner on time is an obvious no but giving yourself time to run away in a street attack is.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
Offered by LT Lighting

4.0 out of 5 stars Epic but flawed, 19 Jan 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Straight off I want to state that the 1 stars are right and the 5 stars are right. In fact every single comment I have read about this game is spot on. Its brilliant, genius, crap with some truly appalling issues which I never saw in Oblivion. Let me also state every game in the series is a favorite of mine so I am not reviewing this with bad intentions. Finally let me state how impressed I am with a story which I think says it all:

Questing alongside my companion seeking yet another artifact we move into what looks like the final chamber. Its narrow entrance opens up into a massive rock cavern with a tomb rising from the centre. We move in, then the first Daugr appears. Whilst my companion sets about with a giant two handed axe I position myself on the tomb. A few more Daugr appear I raise my bow look down the sights and line up my first target. (The joy of using the bow is that you can now zoom in and slow down time (like Max Payne Bullet Time) so the dramatic effect is amazing.)

Time slows and I weigh up my Robin Hood style shot, away it goes, visibly flying down to strike my companions foe in the head, sending it falling away. My stamina allows me to stay in slow-mo and I shoot down a few more, like a human turret, destruction everywhere I glance. Wave after wave, arrow after arrow all, in done in a slow motion movie quality showstopper that literally took my breath away. A Rourke's Drift last stand that I and the Wolf emerge from unscathed. This is why you should buy Skyrim because it offers moments of intense brilliance despite its considerable flaws -WOW!!!!

Crackdown
Crackdown
by Bernard Cornwell

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a typical Cornwell., 17 Mar 2010
This review is from: Crackdown (Paperback)
Crackdown is a adventure book. Simple as that. Don't expect the similar style of writing to Cornwell's others as I get the impression he had deliberately sat down to test another technique. He has succeeded but this is much more of a standard novel rather than an epic style like the Warlord Trilogy or even the Gallow's Thief.

The gist of the story is that an Ex-Marine desperate to escape from the grips of his ostentatious father drifts to the Caribbean isles and sets up as a charter captain. This rest of the adventure is about the war on drugs. I can't help but feel that perhaps Cornwell has a history with the substance and that perhaps a close family member has been affected because he writes with such venom when he describes cocaine. This is an avant garde subject for the early 1990's so it isn't like he is jumping on the anti drug band wagon. The characters are fun and dynamic but don't expect anything too Sharpe like because you will be disappointed but at the same time I finished the book looking forward to hearing from Nick again.

In short I was keen on the book and enjoyed reading it. The subject matter is dealt with in a heavy handed manner but I suspect Cornwell doesn't care if anyone reads it as this is HIS own weapon and his way of hitting out on drug users and pushers. I think he seems himself as the Senator rather than as Nick (maybe a bit of both). Well worth a read if you find a copy or just like Cornwell. The only negative is that he did not have his usual stab at organised religion which I find highly entertaining.

The Warlord Trilogy: The Winter King/Enemy Of God/Excalibur
The Warlord Trilogy: The Winter King/Enemy Of God/Excalibur
by Bernard Cornwell
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the books, 8 Mar 2010
This set of 15 cds comes in a stack box. I love the books and saw this as a direct evolution from them and I have not been disappointed. I am only 3rd of the way through but the quality is excellent and the reading is sympathetic to the style of the books.
Get these if you are a fan of audio books or need something for a really long journey as it is such a brilliant story you can't help but love it. If you like the books then you should have bought this already!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2012 12:55 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Crumping my Style, 1 Mar 2010
All Hail the mighty Crumpler.

With loads of space and super build quality what more could you want in a god. Worship yours today.

Monk Seasons 1-6 [DVD]
Monk Seasons 1-6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tony Shalhoub

5.0 out of 5 stars box is rubbish but we're not watching that!!!, 2 Feb 2010
This review is from: Monk Seasons 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)
The lead review is correct that the box is poor. My was crushed by the time I got it and the corners are peeling off. It is in reality just a holder for lots of little unmarked brown sleaves. These hold the dvd's and as long as you keep them in order you should not have a problem, especially not at this price.

DVD quality is fine and of course you like the show. Great deal.

Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
Offered by GamersCorner

4.0 out of 5 stars Different year, same game., 28 Dec 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This game is alright apart from one thing, they got the name wrong.

It's not really Dragon Age: Origins at all, its really called:

"Baldur's DugeonGate WinterNightSiege EffectRepublic 2"

You've seen it all before.

Tachyon: The Fringe (PC CD)
Tachyon: The Fringe (PC CD)
Offered by Satsumo

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 23 Dec 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I brought this game when it came out based on the demo so I did know a bit about what I was entering into. However in reality it exceeded all expectations and this still has a special place in my memory. It is a fairly basic space combat sim but the attention to detail is what really shines through.

Bruce Campbell is amazing and prompted me to watch the films and read his books. He fits the role perfectly and makes this a truely classic title. It was overlooked at the time but I can see it is getting the respect it deserves years after release. I would recommend it as a cheap alternative to the modern space games and one that really shows what can be done with a moderate budget and some love and care in development.

Samsung Q210 12.1-inch Laptop, Pentium Dual Core T3400, 2.16GHz, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Vista Home Premium

5.0 out of 5 stars Q210, 1 Aug 2009
I have had this for over 1 year now and make no mistake this is a powerful, easy to manage beast of a notebook. I have really enjoyed the quality build and the fact that it has been perfectly stable even when playing higher end games.

The screen is easy to do project work on too. I recommend it highly.

Bosch Ciso Cordless Li-Ion Secateur (discontinued by manufacturer)
Bosch Ciso Cordless Li-Ion Secateur (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ciso vs Arthritis, 3 July 2009
Got this for my mum for her birthday and she loves it. The battery life is solid and she is cutting away for hours without the usual pain that standard devices offer. She has chronic pain in her hands and it makes a real difference. Only had them a month but I would still recommend them strongly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3