Profile for Jacob Collins > Reviews

First Class Murder: A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery
First Class Murder: A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery
by Robin Stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars CAPTIVATING....BRILLIANT....SUPERB!!!, 9 Aug. 2015
I was lucky enough to get an early copy of this book two months before its publication date and I read it in a heartbeat. In this new adventure by Robin Stevens, Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong are aboard the Orient Express travelling across Europe accompanied by Hazel's father. Hazel's father has instructed that the girls do not par take in any detective work over the holidays and he expects Hazel to set an example for Daisy to follow. Things begin to get mysterious as the girls embark on the train along with the many other interesting passengers including the reprisal of a former character who sets Daisy and Hazel's heartbeat apace. The journey sets off without any worry however it isn't long before a shocking murder is indeed discovered much to Daisy's delight. An investigation begins and Hazel and Daisy start to secretly work on their own investigation behind the scenes always under the watchful eye of Hazel's father who, fortunately for them is too wrapped up in his business world to fully notice what's really going on. Robin's writing makes you feel as though you are right there on board the Orient Exprees along with Hazel and Daisy. You are absorbed into Hazel and Daisy's world from page one and as always the book comes to a satisfying, neat conclusion. I would highly recommend this book.

No Other Darkness (DI Marnie Rome 2)
No Other Darkness (DI Marnie Rome 2)
by Sarah Hilary

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly Written!!, 17 July 2015
An exhilarating read full of twists and turns. Sarah's writing is brilliantly written and you are completely absorbed into the story from page one. In the second book in the Marnie Rome series the bodies of two young boys have been discovered in an underground bunker. It is up to Marnie and her team to find out who the boy's are and whoever was responsible for their deaths. What proves to be one of the most difficult cases of Marnie's career is perhaps also her darkest. I highly recommend this book!

Silent Scream: An edge of your seat serial killer thriller (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional!!, 1 April 2015
Exceptional writing. Angela has created a brilliant character in Kim Stone. The story line is well plotted and leaves you guessing right until the end. If you enjoy crime then you must read this book.

The Power of Five: Oblivion
The Power of Five: Oblivion
by Anthony Horowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant end to a brilliant series!!!, 13 Jan. 2013
After Necropolis came out I was beginning to seriously wonder whether that had been the last book of the Power of Five series but it was great hearing early last year that the final book would soon be published. I have to admit though that it took me a while to finish it but I will honestly say that it is the best book I have read in a long while. It will certainly leave a lasting effect on you and the burning question inside you at the end of the book will be: what happens next? I would highly recommend it!!!!

Elfhunter: A Tale of Alterra, The World That Is
Elfhunter: A Tale of Alterra, The World That Is
by C. S. Marks

1.0 out of 5 stars No wonder it was self published..., 14 April 2012
I bought this book after reading many good reviews about it, however, it did not meet my expectations. The font size on the page is very small and the book itself too long. The story takes a long time to draw your attention and I ended up giving up less than halfway through. Do not waste your money on this book.

Neverland - The Complete Series [DVD]
Neverland - The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rhys Ifans
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Feb. 2012
I loved this film when I watched it, the acting is great and the storyline is great, I would recommend it to anyone!! :D

Inheritance (The Inheritance cycle)
Inheritance (The Inheritance cycle)
by Christopher Paolini

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough., 18 Nov. 2011
When I got this book last Tuesday I was eager to start reading as soon as possible. My first thought that this was going to be a challenging read but with the eagerness to find out what happened in the end it took me just over a week to finish. Unlike, Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr, the book had a very boring plot. The action scenes did not create suspense and at some stages I felt like just skipping to the end or finding out online what happens. What Christopher Paolini should've done was to cut out unnecesary parts from Brisingr and Inheritcanc and put the signficant parts into one book. The ending fight scene between Eragon and Galbatorix was boring and the ending predictable. However I would still encourage you to read this book as if you are a fan of the Inheritcance cycle then you should go ahead and read this book.

Sister, Missing
Sister, Missing
by Sophie McKenzie

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stuff, 17 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Sister, Missing (Hardcover)
I have read most of Sophie's work and girl, missing was one of my favourites. I was thrilled to hear that she was writing a sequel and this turned out to be as exciting as the first book, I read it in about day! I would recommend this to anyone of any age, its sure to be a big hit!!! :D

Shoebox Zoo - Series 2 [DVD] [2005]
Shoebox Zoo - Series 2 [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Vivien Endicott-Douglas
Offered by Unique_Item_Bazaar

5.0 out of 5 stars Never get tired of the Shoebox Zoo adventure!!! :D, 12 Sept. 2011
I remember watching this show on the CBBC channel and I still watch the show today in my free time and I never get tired of it. I would have to say my favourite character is the un-trusting Ailsa. I always thought that ShoeBox Zoo would just have one series and was delighted to hear that there would be a second as Marnie travels across the ocean to the US in pursuit of the Boook of Forbidden Knoweledge. I would recommend this DVD to anyone of any age, brilliant stuff!!!! :D

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Magic!! :), 20 July 2011
J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books are that rare type of books that you can pick up and read over and over again, and still laugh at the bits that are funny, and still be shocked and scared at the parts that are meant to do just that. In 2007 Jo wrapped up the Harry Potter series with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by far the best in the series. Having just seen the last film I beleive that Warner Brothers did Harry Potter justice, long live Harry Potter!! :)

Page: 1 | 2