ARRAY(0xa83eb9f0)

Profile for J. Herbert > Reviews

Content by J. Herbert

J. Herbert "Jay" (Andover Hants UK)

Pure
Pure
Price: 4.31

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so pure, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Pure (Kindle Edition)
What a strange book. I almost wonder why it was written. No development of character. Very depressing. I started reading it immediately after The Cowboy and the Cossack. A ripping yarn which had me turning pages as fast as possible. Maybe my reaction to this slow, dreary book was in part due to the book I had just read.

The Cowboy and the Cossack (Nancy Pearl's Book Lust Rediscoveries)
The Cowboy and the Cossack (Nancy Pearl's Book Lust Rediscoveries)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Go cowboy go, 31 Mar 2014
Never having read a cowboy book I started this with some trepidation, but it isn't just a cowboy book. It's a story of people, when they know each other, respecting each other, standing up for them and in the end loving them. It gallops along, as do the horses, Some grizzly moments but that's to be expected. Enjoy it...I did

Family Guy Mad Libs
Family Guy Mad Libs
by Roger Price

5.0 out of 5 stars Grammar assistance?, 16 April 2010
This review is from: Family Guy Mad Libs (Paperback)
I came across these little books in America. ALL my grandchildren love them and spend hours filling them in, often the ruder the better!!! They really are a great aid to learning grammar, but fun at the same time.

Now We are Sixty
Now We are Sixty
by Christopher Matthew
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great stocking filler for those of a certain age., 13 Dec 1999
This review is from: Now We are Sixty (Hardcover)
In my second childhood at 60+ I laughed out loud (in a public place) when I first broused through this book. True to its predecessor in rhythm it evokes ones memories of Christopher Robin et al but in a modern setting. I loved it and have ordered some for presents this Xmas.