Profile for Jeffrey A. Ramsay > Reviews

Jeffrey A. Ramsay

Page: 1 | 2
He Walks Beside Me
He Walks Beside Me

5.0 out of 5 stars The CD cover was slightly damaged but the CD was in good condition. Well worth it, 12 Nov 2014
This review is from: He Walks Beside Me (Audio CD)
Received this rare gem in less than a week. The CD cover was slightly damaged but the CD was in good condition. Well worth it.

The King Is Gone
The King Is Gone

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis The King Is Gone, 14 Sep 2012
This review is from: The King Is Gone (Audio CD)
It's one of the best Elvis backing tracks with the original back-ups by the Jordannaires and Millie Kirkham. I also must mentioned that An American Trilogy is done to perfection although the Jordannaires had never back Elvis up in this number. This song matches the back-up job originally performed by J.D. Sumner and the Stamps. This is a must for Elvis fans who love to sing these songs with the original back-ups. True perfection!

Smallville - The Complete Season 4 [DVD] [2005]
Smallville - The Complete Season 4 [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ John Glover

5.0 out of 5 stars Smallville - The Complete Season 4 (DVD), 12 Feb 2012
Wow, I got this great DVD set from Amazon in just over a week. It plays well on my DVD player, cause I was worried it won't play as a result of the region format. Great transaction and relatively cheap for a box set.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2012 5:45 PM GMT

Original Album Classics
Original Album Classics

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis Presley Original Album Classics, 5 Nov 2011
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
I've always been a fan for Elvis in the 70's and this compilation was the last 3 albums recorded by Elvis before his ultimate death in 1977. The strenght of his vocals are intense in "Hurt" and "Unchained Melody", although the version of Unchained Melody had backing vocals and instrumentation added later in the studio. Although this compilation may not be best material compared with that of the earlier part of the 1970's it is still the King at his best. His love for singing will never die and continue forever.

Setlist: The Very Best of Elvis Presley Live
Setlist: The Very Best of Elvis Presley Live

4.0 out of 5 stars Setlist : The Very Best Of Elvis Presley Live, 17 Aug 2011
Received the CD in just over a week. I'm not terribly fond of the selections on the CD. The song selections could have been a lot better to be titled the VERY BEST of Elvis Presley Live. But I got it anyway, because I'm just another Elvis Fan.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2011 9:33 PM GMT

El Cid [Blu-ray]
El Cid [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Charlton Heston

5.0 out of 5 stars El Cid Blu Ray, 23 Jun 2011
This review is from: El Cid [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
One of my favourite epics of all time. Close to 3hrs long and matches up to the other great alltime epics (The Ten Commandments, Ben Hur and Cleopatra). Great to see these movies turning up as blu-rays. Well worth watching.

G.I. Blues: The Cafe Europa Sessions (4cd+book)
G.I. Blues: The Cafe Europa Sessions (4cd+book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis Presley G.I. Blues The Cafe Europa Sessions, 16 May 2011
What I can say is that this album deserves an A++++. Couldn't have been done any better. Liked the songs and the whole design of the package

Elvis [Blu-ray] [1978]
Elvis [Blu-ray] [1978]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell

4.0 out of 5 stars Elvis The Movie, 16 May 2011
This review is from: Elvis [Blu-ray] [1978] (Blu-ray)
I have seen this movie probably 3 or 4 times before in the theatres and on tape. Having it on blu-ray was the next best thing. Although I am not please with some aspects of the movie, I felt that this is a piece of history that every Elvis fan should cherish. The songs, if they had been performed by Elvis would have made the movie much more enjoyable.

For LP Fans Only
For LP Fans Only

4.0 out of 5 stars Elvis Presley For LP Fans Only, 16 May 2011
This review is from: For LP Fans Only (Audio CD)
It's surprising that I've never bought this early Elvis album, maybe because I had all the songs. The songs are not by favourite by the King, because I've often like Elvis in the 70's more, but I felt that I should at least complete the RCA catalogue. Like other Elvis fans I finally had to get it. In fact, the disc came nicely packaged and arrived in less than 2 weeks from shipping date.

Elvis Sings The Great British Songbook
Elvis Sings The Great British Songbook
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis Presley Sings The Great British Songbook, 28 Jun 2010
Got the CD in just over a week. The songs in the CD were really enjoyable. A very good collection of my favorites put together in 1 CD.

Page: 1 | 2