Profile for Pod4 > Reviews

Content by Pod4

Pod4 (Devon, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Death by Request (Caribbean Murder Series, Book 11)
Death by Request (Caribbean Murder Series, Book 11)

1.0 out of 5 stars More Mills & Boon than crime fiction, 14 Jun. 2015
Awful read, although I only managed to struggle through 20% of it. I understand setting the scene is necessary, but surely still raving about how much in love the investigators are to this point in the book is excessive. I'm really used to being immersed in the plot, rather than having the feeling that someone is telling me a story. Disappointing.

SCIENCE IN SPORT 800ml Sports Bottle Narrow Neck , Clear
SCIENCE IN SPORT 800ml Sports Bottle Narrow Neck , Clear
Offered by All Mall Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks cool and no leaks,, 29 Dec. 2013
Bought for teenage son . It passed the cool enough test for him, the no leak no matter how roughly treated for me , does the job and was great value.

FRJNB42BL
FRJNB42BL
Offered by JNimports

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmm not sure, 29 Dec. 2013
Looks good, great in theory, but is a ltittle too shallow, and pockets a bit too tight to be very useful. Sides constantly fold in to middle meaning it collapses in bag. Not nearly as good as I wanted it to be, although I am persevering hoping it will wear in!

Skechers Sk76690 Lace-Up Shoe Black Size 11
Skechers Sk76690 Lace-Up Shoe Black Size 11

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for work, 29 Dec. 2013
bought these for hubby for work. Got a real surprise when they arrived as they are made specifically for working conditions, slip resistant, oil resistant and safety built. Amazon description did not indicate this, so I guess if I had bought them for leisure I would have been disappointed. 7 months daily wear in oily dirty conditions, and they are still looking good and are very comfortable, couldn't be happier really,

Carmen C85001 Dual Sided Led Illuminated Mirror
Carmen C85001 Dual Sided Led Illuminated Mirror

2.0 out of 5 stars Very small., 29 Dec. 2013
I bought this from the Amazon sale dept thinking it was a bargain., for my daughter for Xmas for £10. I have the Boots version myself , which is twice the size and is plug in not battery operated like this one. boots were selling theirs for £15 before Xmas- much better value, buy that one instead,

Motorola Moto G Black Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Free Screen Protector & Touch Stylus Pen + Polishing Cloth
Offered by GB Online Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value,, 29 Dec. 2013
hubby has broken several phone screens as he keeps iphone in his pocket with keys, coins etc, , so we needed a cover for the whole phone . This is just the job at incredible value. Arrived in super fast time too.

Dr Martens 1460 Shimmer Boots (Purple) - 7 UK
Dr Martens 1460 Shimmer Boots (Purple) - 7 UK
Offered by Blue Banana Alternative Fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Best boots ever!', 13 July 2012
Bought for my 11 yr old daughter, who loves them. Bit worried about the upkeep of the metallic sheen, we'll see how long it lasts (30 ish wears at moment).

Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by streetsahead

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Abba, by miles!, 15 Nov. 2008
Seen this at the cinema 3 times. Fantastic. It's up there with all of my classics - Grease, Oliver, Top Gun... Havn't seen the stage show, so the story was a real welcome surprise. A totally feelgood escapism, the type where you are surprised at the end, that you never looked for the time throughout the show, and that you really don't want it to end at all. The singing was awesome, not in quality always, but in emotional connection and believability (? if this is a word!). I laughed, cried, cried some more and nearly put my back out laughing at the Julie Walters scenes. Can't wait for it out on DVD ! Highly recommended
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2012 9:27 PM BST

Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours
Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars "Who are you, and what have you done with our Mum?", 14 Nov. 2008
I must own about 100 recipie books easily, maybe more. They cause me trouble in storing them and strife everytime we move...but no more ...I'm about to ditch most of them! I've had The Ministry for 3 weeks and have used more recipes from this than I have out of the other books combined!

I love the one recipe per left hand page and pictures showing stages and finished item on right side of pages, no flicking pages here, or pictures of tempting dishes and endless frustration trying to match recipe to correct picture 30 pages apart! Every recipe is pictured, so you know what it's supposed to look like!
There's not even lists of difficult to source ingredients, and there are many ideas of how to tweak recipies to make them into something else. I've never used so many fresh herbs in cooking, and they really do lift the quality and flavour of the meals. It's inspired me to start a herb garden of my own!

My family have particularly loved the Roast chicken - moist melt in the mouth and totally flavour packed - as is the consistantly good gravy - Bisto have lost me forever. I actually had no idea how easy it is and how good gravy could taste. Parmesan chicken and posh ham chicken great - although 2nd time used smoked bacon instead - just as good really. Salmon fishcakes gorgeous. The sauce with the meatloaf is fantastic, and have used this as a veggie main meal with couscous on its own (without bacon!)

Trouble is I'm being pestered to remake so many things...particularly Mega Chocolate Fudge Cake...heavenly.

I'm quite a confident and good home cook anyway, but have been guilty of getting stuck in a rut with old favourite meals cooked hundreds of times. I usually only dabble in recipe books at Xmas time. However we are all loving the Ministry.

I highly recommend this easy to follow, attractive and no nonsense book as the only one you need in the kitchen - except for Xmas stuff!

A Classic Agatha Christie Murder Mystery Dinner Party with DVD Hercule Poirot A First Class Murder
Offered by Unique Products Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Plan & Prepare for success!!, 14 Oct. 2008
We played this murder party last New Years Eve, and found it hilarious. By the closing round we were all very imaginative and competitive about working out whodunnit. Clues were great, plot was easy to follow, DVD added to the detail and info. There are 3 golden rules I would suggest if you've never done one of these before...
1. Carefully match characters to guests - giving louder roles to more out going guests. (obvious but worth it, as you need someone not afraid to throw themselves into it to make everyone else relax into their roles).
2. Make sure everyone knows that they are supposed to dress and behave in character. - including accents... (again obvious, but do tell them it's expected and not optional. I guarantee that they will get so much more fun out of the experience if they have made an effort, and feel like they have done something different...but do remember to give guests plenty of notice so they can pull together a 'look' and perhaps go to charity shops for costumes...
3. Do make the effort to play this over dinner - it's much better than with a buffet or just drinks (which I've also done with other murder mystery party games - with much lesser results). Over the meal, you can relax from the spotlight, think up better padding for your story, take inspiration from other characters, think up questions for others, which all add to the success of the game.

A last thing - I would say that min age should be 11 - 12 yrs. Not because of content, but for ability to follow the threads of what is happening. We had a party with ages ; 8yr old (bit young - had to explain a bit on the way through, 11yrs, 21yrs, 30 something, 43yrs and 3 sixty somethings. Amazingly we were all highly entertained for hours. We're definately going to do another this Xmas holidays. Check out the 70's Disco party night set, that was great. I'm going to try the Poirot interactive DVD game aswell this year.

This is a game for 6 - 8 players