Profile for Stephen Morris > Reviews

Content by Stephen Morris

Stephen Morris (Bromley, UK)

TP-LINK TD-W8980 - N600 Dual Band Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router
TP-LINK TD-W8980 - N600 Dual Band Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router
Offered by Kikatek

4.0 out of 5 stars Notable performance improvement over free router modem, 15 Nov. 2013
I bought this modem as an upgrade from the freebie Plusnet sent me when I signed up. Decided to go with a dual-band number to support the increasing number of devices we have using the connection.

Despite some reviews to the contrary, I'm happy to report that set-up was a breeze. Just make sure you read the installation guide and get hold of the information it suggests you'll need during set-up. In the case of a Plusnet connection, the set-up program knew most of the appropriate detail, but that might not be the case for all ISPs.

The wireless range of the router is greater than my previous modem and everything feels a little nippier than before. Not hugely, but enough to be noticeable. The dual-band element has proved a little surplus to requirements right now as only two recently-purchased mobiles can pick up the 5GHz band, but I am told that Apple products support that more widely.

All in all, a decent purchase and a recommended upgrade from the kit sent out with new broadband connections.

Get To No.1 On Google In Easy Steps 3rd Edition
Get To No.1 On Google In Easy Steps 3rd Edition
by Ben Norman

5.0 out of 5 stars So good someone pinched my copy!, 12 April 2012
A few years ago when I decided to learn about SEO, I read this book. It covers a broad range of topics but does so simply and is written without pretension. It explains not just what you need to do, but also why.

Now I work in search and have a copy of this book on my desk at all times, along with some other enormous technical tomes! I recommend this to everyone new to SEO (my whole team have read it) and actively try and force it on anyone else I work with who has anything to do with online marketing! At least one other person agrees with me as my last copy mysteriously vanished from the office... :o)