Profile for Caroline > Reviews

Plop Trumps Extreme Card Game
Plop Trumps Extreme Card Game
Offered by Gadget Grotto

5.0 out of 5 stars Poo-tastic on public transport!, 12 May 2014
A great train game to upset fellow commuters and slightly more sensitive players. I feel delighted that I now know how eagle poo differs from marmoset poo.

Ooh La La!: French Women's Secrets to Feeling Beautiful Every Day
Ooh La La!: French Women's Secrets to Feeling Beautiful Every Day

2.0 out of 5 stars Readable, 23 Jun. 2013
I found the narrative a little irritating this book. Perhaps it'd be good for somebody who has never been to france, but knowing it quite well and being able to spot the errors in the author's "French", I found this book largely annoying and lacking in depth. JCC does make some interesting observations though and it does seem as though she had an interesting trip round france.

Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 3 Jun. 2013
This book is very intelligently written and thoughtfully put together - it certainly made me stop and consider the bigger issue in life. I think everyone with ambition should read it - it's not just one for the girls! This woman is clever and has worked hard and here she shares advice on how to succeed

The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax
The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 Jun. 2013
I loved this book - the author clearly has a wonderful quirky sense of humour and he captures his characters and 90s London perfectly. The plot is exciting and ridiculous (in a good way) and Jonathon is so awkward it made me cringe and laugh whenever he found himself in any social situation. Delightful and funny

Croissants and Jam (Comedy Romance)
Croissants and Jam (Comedy Romance)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really to be taken seriously, 3 Jun. 2013
It's a fun book but I found the main character very irritating and unrealistic... also there were a few issues with continuity. So 2 stars because it was entertaining but not so well written

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 28 April 2013
I totally adored this book. It has a beautiful light-hearted and quirky style. I laughed out loud many times throughout the story. Jonasson has a wonderful way of writing.

How To Be a Woman
How To Be a Woman

3.0 out of 5 stars A good laugh, 28 April 2013
This review is from: How To Be a Woman (Kindle Edition)
At first, I thought I would hate this book. Caitlin has a graphic way of writing that can come across as a little contrived. However, the book really grew on me and there are many parts that made me laugh out loud. I can't say I share Moran's views on everything in her book and I can see that some people really might not enjoy it, but I'm glad I bought it.

N.b. don't buy this book if you are easily offended

Two Lipsticks and a Lover: A Year in Suspenders
Two Lipsticks and a Lover: A Year in Suspenders

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good insights, 28 April 2013
As a lover of all things francophone, I enjoyed reading this book. It has some lovely insights into French culture (particularly Parisian culture). My only negative feedback would be that there are some strong generalisations here, though I imagine it's difficult to avoid when trying to convey the essence of French-ness on paper.

How to be Chic and Elegant: Tips From A French Woman
How to be Chic and Elegant: Tips From A French Woman

2.0 out of 5 stars Instructions on how to live, 28 April 2013
The author's guidance in this book doesn't leave much space for personal style. Also, I don't believe the advice given here is unique or particularly memorable, as I'm struggling to remember what it is I'm supposed to have learnt. The style is a little dictatorial, though I imagine it would be a helpful read for someone with no clue.

The Little Pink Book of Elegance
The Little Pink Book of Elegance

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet book but maybe for a coffee table?, 28 April 2013
I downloaded this book on my kindle - it doesn't have anything revolutionary in it, it largely covers off the basics. I feel like it would make a nice gift or coffee table book in its non-digital form.

Page: 1 | 2