Profile for D. Robson > Reviews

Content by D. Robson

D. Robson (Wokingham, England)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds Expectations, 13 Jan. 2014
I received this Torchy BK350 as a Christmas present having asked for a good bike light for use in town at night. It has exceeded my expectations. It is bright to see and be seen, easy to remove and appears to be robust. It is an order better than the "standard LED light" I had before.

17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations: Explained & Illustrated: Explained and Illustrated (IEE Wiring Regulations, 17th edition)
by Brian Scaddan

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Wanted, 2 Aug. 2011
I was looking for a book to help me understand what had to be done to upgrade older domestic wiring to current regulations. The book provided some useful information but overall it was a hotch pot of information and did not serve my purpose. It appeared to me that it should be read with the regulations in one hand and this book in the other.

Thai-English/English-Thai Dictionary and Phrasebook (Dictionary and Phrasebooks)

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Kindle conversion, limited dictionary., 11 April 2011
I bought this book in Kindle format because there were two good reviews of the paper version. The Kindle version is poor and we did not find it useful. The font is varied sizes apparently driven by the number of words on the original paper page; some is so small as to be unreadable, the next page may be unnecessarily large. The dictionary (it is headlined as a dictionary) is a sample of words useful for travellers, not a dictionary by my definition, we found some 75% of the words we wanted were not there. It needs a lot more work to make it suitable for electronic use including searching. I was using much better electronic publications 10 years ago so the knowledge is out there somewhere. It is a poor advert for Kindle.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Bird Feeding Station, 27 Feb. 2010
The feeding station is reasonably well made although the pole, which is made of three sections,is a bit floppy and it could be a bit taller (there is an extension available). The main thing is the birds seem to like it.

The Oxford Paperback Portuguese Dictionary
The Oxford Paperback Portuguese Dictionary
by John Whitlam

4.0 out of 5 stars Dictionary Review, 15 Mar. 2009
I have used this dictionary in Brazil whilst trying to learning Portuguese. It is a good size for the classroom and covered all my needs. I would have given it 5 stars but I thought the choice of font, with its use of bold and italic, could possibly have been better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2009 9:36 AM BST