Profile for GaryC > Reviews

Auschwitz - The Nazis And The Final Solution [DVD]
Auschwitz - The Nazis And The Final Solution [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laurence Rees

5.0 out of 5 stars Auschwitz dvd is a must see, 2 Aug 2014
This dvd opens the heart and mind to the atrocities experienced by the Jewish community during World War 2. Some of the footage captured during their time in Auschwitz is very harrowing and you'd wonder how they survived at all. I really appreciate my life after watching this dvd and there was a lot more information about Auschwitz that I was unaware of.

Dust: (Wool Trilogy 3)
Dust: (Wool Trilogy 3)
by Hugh Howey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Dust: (Wool Trilogy 3) (Paperback)
I bought the start of this trilogy by mistake (don't ask) and rather than go to the hassle of returning it I decided to read it. Wool, then Shift and the final book being Dust. All three books were page turners and I couldn't put them down. I would recommend this trilogy if your up for a good story and a great read.

Song for Marion [DVD] [2012]
Song for Marion [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Gemma Arterton

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable movie, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Song for Marion [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Vanessa Redgrave is great in this movie. She's the upbeat easy-going wife to her exact opposite husband and the story is all about him coping after she passes. I wouldn't call this a tear-jerker but it has its sad moments. I enjoyed watching it and will watch it again at some stage.

The Sapphires [DVD]
The Sapphires [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris O'Dowd

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy watching, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Sapphires [DVD] (DVD)
Chris O'Dowd is his usual smooth self in this film. The singing was quite good and I was surprised how entertaining this film was. It has a bit of everything in it and is based on a true story. I enjoyed it.

Elysium [DVD] [2013]
Elysium [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon

3.0 out of 5 stars Watchable, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Elysium [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I think I expected more when I purchased this movie and that's probably why I was disappointed with it. Don't get me wrong the movie isn't terrible, it's just a bit slow and predictable but it's an ok watch.

The Catherine Tate Show - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD] [2004]
The Catherine Tate Show - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Catherine Tate
Offered by Love-Your-Books

5.0 out of 5 stars For the fans, 18 Jan 2014
If you like Catherine Tate you'll buy this dvd, There's lots of good laughs in it and I love her playing nan. If your a fan you need to add this to your collection.

Maurice [DVD]
Maurice [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Wilby

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Maurice [DVD] (DVD)
This movie is about a guy coming out in the early 20th century. Its believable and well acted. I enjoyed it and would watch it again.

Les Misérables [DVD] [2012]
Les Misérables [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman

3.0 out of 5 stars One for the fans, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Les Misérables [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
When I purchased this movie I didn't realise it was a musical. Having said that the singing of known stars was very good especially Hathaway. I probably will watch it again but I think this one is for the fans of Les Mis.

Animal Kingdom [DVD]
Animal Kingdom [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Frecheville

4.0 out of 5 stars Australian gangster movie, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Animal Kingdom [DVD] (DVD)
I purchased this movie on the basis of reviews on Amazon. I thought it was a good watch, I've viewed it twice and will probably watch it again. The mother is very believable.

The Nun's Story [DVD] [1959]
The Nun's Story [DVD] [1959]
Dvd ~ Audrey Hepburn

4.0 out of 5 stars Saturday afternoon viewing, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Nun's Story [DVD] [1959] (DVD)
I like Audrey Hepburn and bought this movie after seeing a clip of it on tele. I enjoyed it and its a movie for one of those sick days on the sofa with a duvet wrapped round.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5