Profile for Antony Grace > Reviews

Content by Antony Grace

Antony Grace "professor" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
3 Meter Extended Micro USB Charging Cable for PS4 Controllers
3 Meter Extended Micro USB Charging Cable for PS4 Controllers
Offered by Super Size Savings
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 April 2014
Good value and works great. The 3 metre length means these can be used to charge my PS4 controllers whilst I play on the other side of the living room.

Sony PlayStation 4 Console (PS4)
Sony PlayStation 4 Console (PS4)
Price: 339.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Day One Purchaser - fantastic gaming machine, 27 Mar 2014
If you're after next gen gaming, the PS4 is the one to get in my opinion. You won't go much wrong with the Xbox One, but it's clear that the PS4 is the one really all about gaming, shown by the number of indie developers who have committed to bringing out games to it. With inFamous: Second Son just released, the console has its first "must have" exclusive (Killzone: Shadow Fall was good, but not great).

If you've got to have Titanfall, get the Xbox One (or play it on an Xbox 360 soon), but otherwise I'd definitely recommend the PS4 over and above it.

inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
Price: 36.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, 27 Mar 2014
Have been looking forward to this for some time, and now it's here it hasn't disappointed. Having serious fun whipping around Seattle, upgrading my powers, smoking through vents and the like! Heartily recommended!

Rayman Legends (PS4)
Rayman Legends (PS4)
Price: 21.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous Platformer, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rayman Legends (PS4) (Video Game)
I was hesitant about this game to start with, but it's a great, highly addictive platformer with excellent level design. My wife also loves playing it, so it's good to have a game we can both play at the same time and enjoy. Be warned - it's huge. We're determined to platinum the game, but it's going to take us a while to do it!

ORB Controller USB Charge and Play LED Cable - 3m (PS4)
ORB Controller USB Charge and Play LED Cable - 3m (PS4)
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 7.38

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked on and off for a week or two, then would only charge cable if held in, 27 Mar 2014
As others have noted, the cable I had doesn't seem to work very well. I would often come to the console the next day having left the Dualshock 4 controller on charge to find it hadn't charged. After a while, it would only charge if I held the cable in. It seems to be something in the design of the micro USB port - it just doesn't make a good connection. This may have just been a faulty cable I had given all the other good reviews for it. The charging light isn't really needed for the PS4 controller either, since it has a great big light on it which shows whether it's charging or not!

In the end, I sent it back to Amazon for a refund and bought two normal 3m cables for about the same price which work perfectly.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4)
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4)
Price: 27.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good game, 26 Feb 2014
It's not perfect, but it is very good. There are some ridiculous moments where you have to press the right button at the right time - lazy game development for me and I'm surprised to still see some games like this and Killzone which have them. However, exploring the world, collecting the relics, GPS caches and discovering the tombs is great fun, and is a hark back to the original Tomb Raider games (except I don't remember Lara being such a bloodthirsty killer before!!).

Well worth purchasing for the PS4 if you haven't already got the PS3 / Xbox 360 version.

Assecure soft touch controller grip handle attachment for Sony PS Vita PSV - (Black & blue)
Offered by ZedLabz-Outlet

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but not for me..., 26 Feb 2014
Unfortunately, I do have quite small hands, and this doesn't really make playing the Vita any easier - in fact it's easier without. No way of knowing this without trying it though and I'd imagine it's perfect for people who have larger hands and I'll keep it in case any of my friends want to have a go.

Just worth noting if you have smaller than average hands that this isn't a magic bullet. Still really hoping Sony will enable Remote Play with the original PS4 Dualshock controller as this would make that sooo much easier.

Samsung/Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch 5400RPM SATA II Hard Disk Drive
Samsung/Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch 5400RPM SATA II Hard Disk Drive
Offered by Kikatek
Price: 48.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Playstation 4, 26 Jan 2014
As others have noted, this drive works just fine as an upgrade to the one that comes with the PS4.

ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4)
ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4)
Offered by Shop4World
Price: 3.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, not perfect, 26 Jan 2014
Bought these to protect the controller from the splitting I've read about. Quite hard to get on, but once on, they are comfortable to use. Only trouble I've found is, for some of the more vigorous games (Resogun, I'm looking at you), I've found the concave ones come off in the middle of playing - not good for keeping up your multiplier! Since I prefer the concave design, it's a bit of a letdown. The only solution I've found so far is just to remove them when playing these types of game, which obviously isn't great.

If anyone else has found a way round this (barring gluing the things on which I'm reluctant to do!), then please let me know!

XCOM Enemy Unknown (PS3)
XCOM Enemy Unknown (PS3)
Offered by NextDayEntertainment
Price: 9.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addictive turn based strategy, 1 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Excellent re-imagining of the original - a nice change from the frenetic pace of 3rd person shooters, whilst still keeping all the tension.

Page: 1 | 2