Profile for MissusN > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SweeleeStuff Neoprene lunch bag. Purple vine
SweeleeStuff Neoprene lunch bag. Purple vine

4.0 out of 5 stars For a man sized lunch!, 17 April 2014
I bought this for my daughters school trip to Belgium so I could put a small cool pack in and keep everything fresh on the long coach drive. It has a very attractive design and is made a thick neoprene so would make a good insulator. I say would because she didn't actually use it because it wouldn't fit in her backpack. It is a fair size and is not designed to be packed within another bag so check the sizing before you buy. It will however hold a man sized lunch as it has plenty of room for a good hearty lunch and is stretchy to fit all kinds of ships! If you are buying for a man though perhaps the purple flowers are not a good idea!

Minecraft: The Official Annual 2014 (Annuals 2014)
Minecraft: The Official Annual 2014 (Annuals 2014)
by Jane Riordan

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for younger minecraft fans, 15 Feb 2014
I bought this for my sons 8th birthday, it contains a lot of puzzles that perhaps children under 10 would enjoy but I wouldn't say it was suitable for older mine craft fans. Its hard backed which is great but its a fairly thin book and would have expected a little more for the money. The books pages are slightly curled as it came in a cardboard sleeve which obviously doesn't protect from the foul weather over the last week and it must have got damp at some point. So 3 stars because it is a bit thin and curly but otherwise just the job!

Royal Chai Premium Instant Tea Latte-Spiced Sweetened
Royal Chai Premium Instant Tea Latte-Spiced Sweetened

4.0 out of 5 stars A little too sweet but nice, 1 Jan 2014
Since being made real Indian chai I have since been searching for an instant tea that somewhat replicates the flavour as boiling the spices etc takes too much time in my busy house! This is a nice chai with warming spices and milky taste, I would like the tea to be stronger. Chai is a sweetened tea but this to me is over sweet but still enjoyable as a treat.

Boys Liverpool Dressing Gown (11-12 Years)
Boys Liverpool Dressing Gown (11-12 Years)
Offered by LITTLE STARS

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and soft but a little short, 1 Jan 2014
Bought this for my 9 year old son as a gift which he loved. It is very soft and warm yet despite going up a size it is still quite short on him.

Butler's Grove Gift Jar Selection Cheese Board Chutneys 300 g (Pack of 3)
Butler's Grove Gift Jar Selection Cheese Board Chutneys 300 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well received gift, 1 Jan 2014
These were bought as a gift for my dad who is a cheese lover, they were well received and apparently enjoyed!

4 x TITANIUM SLIME - ABEC 9 608 RS Water Resistant Rubber Seal Skateboard / Stunt Scooter / Inline Skate Bearings ** FREE Slime Sticker **
Offered by HIKS Products

3.0 out of 5 stars Great to start with, didnt last long, 1 Jan 2014
We bought these for my son's scooter and when they were first installed he was very impressed by the speed and smoothness of the ride. However its been about 2 months since they were installed and they are starting to grind and will need replacing again soon. I would have expected them to last a bit longer.

(Catwalk Collection) Reflective Kitten Collar Blue [40997]
(Catwalk Collection) Reflective Kitten Collar Blue [40997]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little collar, 1 Jan 2014
True kitten sized collar (narrower than a cat collar) good not too loose safety clip with added elastic for extra security and cute design.

Vax C89-P7N-P Power 7 Pet Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Vax C89-P7N-P Power 7 Pet Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

2.0 out of 5 stars Great initially but its all downhill from there!, 15 Dec 2013
We were bought this as a wedding gift about 3 months ago. Initially it was very powerful and picked up cat hairs very easily. Within 2 weeks it was slowly loosing power so I cleaned it all out and washed the filters but it didn't really help. The slot that the pipe attaches to when it is stored has cracked due to the flimsiness of the design which I don't suppose has helped the suction at all. Also the tab to open the bottom of the roller brush attachment to unblock has also snapped clean off when I was trying to open it to try and improve the suction! The filters need the dust banging out every time its used and washing at least once a week if you are to have any chance of getting it to pick up anything.
Its not a budget machine and I really would have expected more than just 2 weeks of use before it started failing and falling to bits.
Some of the reviews are based on people who have used it a couple of times and been amazed by it. I was when I first turned it on but please be aware that its all downhill from there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2014 10:31 AM GMT

Wolf 5 in 1 1200w Super Heated Floor and Hand Held Steam Cleaner - Complete with 2 x Floor Cloths, 2 x Upholstery Cloths

1.0 out of 5 stars Very diaapointed in quality, 19 Oct 2013
This steamer is a reasonable price and had mostly good reviews so I purchased this last week from another online shop. I first tried the mop attachment which didn't do a bad job of getting some marks off my stone tile floor however it left it very damp.

My next job was some lime scale build up on the taps, for this I needed to remove the handle and add the spout/tools. As I was doing this I noticed I was getting a bit wet and realised that the wetness on the floor was not from the steam but from a constant drip of the water rank leaking. I opened it up to have a look and found the very thin rubber seal had been glued with what looked like pva that was peeling away. I contacted the company who quickly sent out another tank which had the same issue!

I took it round to our local DIY store who found a thicker replacement seal which seems to do the job. The steamer however doesn't! I went back to removing the bits of lime scale off the taps but the steamer kept stopping and just dripping every few seconds before steaming properly again. It didn't touch the lime scale on the taps or the grout on the tiles. In fact when wiped with a white cloth after steaming no dirt was left behind! The little brushed that come with the kit just shed little hairs all over what you are cleaning.

If you are just looking for a mop and you don't end up with a leaky tank, it doesn't do a bad job but its quite poorly made and not as powerful as the adverts lead you to believe. I may just have been unlucky but it has put me off the product and I am in the process of trying to send it back.

Morphy Richards Accents 43772 Pyramid Kettle - Red
Morphy Richards Accents 43772 Pyramid Kettle - Red

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice when new, doesnt last very long!, 12 Sep 2013
I bought this kettle as I had the toaster and wanted the matching set. The kettle out of the box new is aesthetically pleasing and boils quickly and quietly. However, this kettle is now 6 months old, its noisy, the enamel has marked and chipped very badly and water leaks out of the level meter on the back. We are a family of 5 and use it several times a day but it hasn't been so badly treated that it should look like its been thrown round the garden a few times! Now if it were a £10 value kettle I would quite happily buy a new one but this is a £40 kettle and I would expect it to last for a bit longer. Am now having to contact morphy Richards themselves as Amazon only offer a 30 day returns warranty, whatever happened to retailers responsibility and the sale of goods act? Please do not buy this kettle unless you are happy to buy a new one every few months!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3